Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Recommended for you

Max Verstappen's George Russell radio joke goes viral after Dutch GP qualifying

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Max Verstappen's George Russell radio joke goes viral after Dutch GP qualifying

NASCAR Cup New Hampshire starting lineup: Tyler Reddick on pole after 'unhappy' practice

NASCAR Cup
New Hampshire
NASCAR Cup New Hampshire starting lineup: Tyler Reddick on pole after 'unhappy' practice

F1 Dutch GP: Sunday schedule, weather forecast and how to watch

Formula 1
Dutch GP
F1 Dutch GP: Sunday schedule, weather forecast and how to watch

Kimi Antonelli frustrated after Turn 1 "mistake" cost him Dutch GP pole

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Kimi Antonelli frustrated after Turn 1 "mistake" cost him Dutch GP pole

F1 2026 qualifying head-to-head: Dutch GP

Formula 1
Dutch GP
F1 2026 qualifying head-to-head: Dutch GP

Why Max Verstappen’s 2026 Mercedes contact was very different from last year’s

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Why Max Verstappen’s 2026 Mercedes contact was very different from last year’s

This is the starting grid for the 2026 F1 Dutch Grand Prix

Formula 1
Dutch GP
This is the starting grid for the 2026 F1 Dutch Grand Prix

F1 Dutch GP: Lando Norris pips George Russell to dominant pole as rain threat looms

Formula 1
Dutch GP
F1 Dutch GP: Lando Norris pips George Russell to dominant pole as rain threat looms

Ecclestone not accepting counter-offer for 2012 US GP

Global Motorsport Media

Bernie Ecclestone and Vijay Mallya Force India F1 Team Owner interview

Bernie Ecclestone insists a US Grand Prix in Texas next year remains unlikely, despite race organisers announcing they are now "ready" to pay the sport its overdue sanctioning fee.

With the Circuit of the Americas project reportedly dying, the organisers issued a statement on Thursday announcing they are willing to make "an immediate cash payment".

Artist's rendering of the Circuit of the Americas
Artist's rendering of the Circuit of the Americas

Photo by: Circuit of the Americas

"He (Ecclestone) hasn't received it yet because the new contract presented to us two weeks ago contained unrealistic and unfeasible demands," said founding partner Bobby Epstein.

"We have signed and returned a contract similar to what we anticipated receiving."

He admitted the 2012 race will only take place as scheduled if F1's 81-year-old chief executive returns the revised contract "in the coming few days".

That appears highly unlikely.

Yeah, well they shouldn't sign it. My advice to them is don't sign it

Bernie Ecclestone

"I doubt it," Ecclestone, holding a copy of the Circuit of the Americas statement, told reporters at Interlagos.

Asked about Epstein's complaint that the proposed deal is "unrealistic and unfeasible", he said: "Yeah, well they shouldn't sign it. My advice to them is don't sign it. And they probably won't get the opportunity."

Previous article A special helmet for the last race of the season for Liuzzi
Next article Security tight as Formula One returns to Brazil

Top Comments

Latest news