Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Recommended for you

Austin Dillon's heartfelt letter remembering RCR teammate Kyle Busch

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
Austin Dillon's heartfelt letter remembering RCR teammate Kyle Busch

“This is a serious matter”–why the FIA just fined Racing Bulls €30,000

Formula 1
Canadian GP
“This is a serious matter”–why the FIA just fined Racing Bulls €30,000

Max Verstappen’s feet were “flying off the pedals” as Red Bull explains Montreal struggles

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Max Verstappen’s feet were “flying off the pedals” as Red Bull explains Montreal struggles

NASCAR Truck race at Charlotte postponed by rain after emotional pre-race

NASCAR Truck
Charlotte
NASCAR Truck race at Charlotte postponed by rain after emotional pre-race

Jolyon Palmer explains Canadian GP energy management challenge

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Jolyon Palmer explains Canadian GP energy management challenge

NASCAR CEO: 'Family reunion' every weekend will never be the same without Kyle Busch

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
NASCAR CEO: 'Family reunion' every weekend will never be the same without Kyle Busch

Lewis Hamilton stuns F1 fans with Ducati superbike arrival at Canadian GP sprint qualifying

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Lewis Hamilton stuns F1 fans with Ducati superbike arrival at Canadian GP sprint qualifying

Here’s the starting grid for F1’s 2026 Canadian Grand Prix sprint race

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Here’s the starting grid for F1’s 2026 Canadian Grand Prix sprint race
Breaking news

Raikkonen not ruling out Ferrari return - manager

Robertson will continue talks with Ferrari until they confirm their seats.

Kimi Raikkonen, Scuderia Ferrari

Aug.20 (GMM) Kimi Raikkonen's manager is not ruling out a return to Ferrari for the 2007 world champion.

On Monday, Steve Robertson admitted talks with Red Bull about Raikkonen replacing the Le Mans-bound Mark Webber had been "unsuccessful".

But the 33-year-old Finn, who currently drives for Lotus, has also been linked with a return to Ferrari, despite the Italian team having replaced him with Fernando Alonso with a year to run on his contract at the end of 2009.

Asked if Ferrari is an option, manager Robertson told the BBC: "Until they confirm their seats, my job is to speak to all the teams and see what's available."

Robertson also told Brazil's O Estado de S.Paulo newspaper on Monday that Raikkonen has more than one alternative to Lotus for 2014.

"I'm not worried," he said, "because we have other options -- plural."

Brazilian correspondent Livio Oricchio said Red Bull's Christian Horner and Christian Horner pushed hard to sign Raikkonen, but Dr Helmut Marko ultimately got his way.

Marko reportedly convinced team owner Dietrich Mateschitz that Red Bull should take young Australian Daniel Ricciardo, because it better balances the lineup alongside the likely reigning quadruple world champion Sebastian Vettel.

Ricciardo's signing also proves the worth of the Red Bull junior team Toro Rosso, and gives the next rising youngster, Antonio Felix da Costa, his 2014 debut.

Meanwhile, a post on Twitter by Ferrari's Fernando Alonso might be seen as a return of fire, after Luca di Montezemolo publicly criticised the Spaniard's outbursts in the wake of the recent Hungarian Grand Prix.

Reverting to the wisdom of the Samurai, Alonso said: "The warrior that uses the sword when insulted cannot be considered brave.

"Brave man does not flinch, because he has higher goals."

Previous article Pirelli confirms 2014 tyre size not changing
Next article Teams head to Spa: Close fight for victory expected

Top Comments

Latest news