Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Recommended for you

Max Verstappen is yet to reach his peak, says former F1 team boss

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Max Verstappen is yet to reach his peak, says former F1 team boss

Karun Chandhok "surprised" by length of Max Verstappen's Red Bull contract

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Karun Chandhok "surprised" by length of Max Verstappen's Red Bull contract

John Hunter Nemechek switches to No. 40 for special anniversary

NASCAR Cup
New Hampshire
John Hunter Nemechek switches to No. 40 for special anniversary

F1 Dutch GP: Friday schedule, weather forecast and how to watch

Formula 1
Dutch GP
F1 Dutch GP: Friday schedule, weather forecast and how to watch

George Russell shares details of summer break proposal to partner Carmen Montero Mundt

Formula 1
Dutch GP
George Russell shares details of summer break proposal to partner Carmen Montero Mundt

“Something needed to change” – What Marcin Budkowski must fix at Cadillac F1

Formula 1
Dutch GP
“Something needed to change” – What Marcin Budkowski must fix at Cadillac F1

President Donald Trump to wave green flag and take 'lap of honor' before D.C. IndyCar race

IndyCar
Washington, D.C.
President Donald Trump to wave green flag and take 'lap of honor' before D.C. IndyCar race

How to watch IndyCar 2026 at Washington D.C.: Weekend schedule, start time, TV

IndyCar
Washington, D.C.
How to watch IndyCar 2026 at Washington D.C.: Weekend schedule, start time, TV

Jun.4 (GMM) Felipe Massa has revealed he understands well that his results in the second half of the 2012 season will decide his future.

After a shot of better form for the Brazilian in Monaco, and team president Luca di Montezemolo saying Sergio Perez is too inexperienced to replace him, 31-year-old Massa's hopes of staying at Ferrari have been boosted.

Felipe Massa, Scuderia Ferrari
Felipe Massa, Scuderia Ferrari

Photo by: xpb.cc

"I'm sure that, because we are improving our car, the car will be less difficult to drive," Montezemolo told Reuters late last week.

"And I expect from Felipe better performances as I have already seen in Monte Carlo, because in Monte Carlo he was among the five quickest drivers on the track and in the qualifiers.

"So I hope he will continue like this. At the moment we are not taking any decision yet for the future, because it is too early."

Fernando Alonso is also backing his teammate to bounce back.

"The results he had (earlier in 2012) were not normal for Felipe," the Spaniard insisted.

"He has my full support, and the support of the team, to change the situation.

"In Monaco things seemed to have changed, so hopefully from now on it will be good for him," said Alonso.

And according to Germany's Auto Bild, Massa also sees "an opportunity to stay at Ferrari" in 2013.

He admits, however, that he needs to keep his foot down.

"Everything depends on the results that I get from now on," said Massa.

He insisted he is making no plans.

"At the moment I have no idea what I'm doing next year. My future is the next race.

"All I want is to stay in Formula One in a good team. If I cannot do that, but would have to switch to a small team, I don't know if I would keep going at all."

Previous article McLaren plays down 'wild' Hamilton quit rumours
Next article Extended Schumacher comeback 'good for F1' - Whitmarsh

Top Comments

Latest news