Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Recommended for you

Supercars Symmons Plains: Broc Feeney ends winless run with dominant display

Supercars
Tasmania Super 440
Supercars Symmons Plains: Broc Feeney ends winless run with dominant display

F1 2026 qualifying head-to-head: Canadian GP

Formula 1
Canadian GP
F1 2026 qualifying head-to-head: Canadian GP

Kimi Antonelli and George Russell had "good discussion" on Canada sprint race clash

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Kimi Antonelli and George Russell had "good discussion" on Canada sprint race clash

Jesse Love hits out at NASCAR race control: "I think it's a complete joke"

NASCAR O'Reilly
Charlotte
Jesse Love hits out at NASCAR race control: "I think it's a complete joke"

Rain forces NASCAR to postpone Charlotte Truck race for the third time this weekend

NASCAR Truck
Charlotte
Rain forces NASCAR to postpone Charlotte Truck race for the third time this weekend

Ross Chastain wins strange NASCAR O'Reilly Charlotte race, marred by rain, fog, oil slick

NASCAR O'Reilly
Charlotte
Ross Chastain wins strange NASCAR O'Reilly Charlotte race, marred by rain, fog, oil slick

NASCAR community says there was a difference between 'Rowdy' and Kyle Busch

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
NASCAR community says there was a difference between 'Rowdy' and Kyle Busch

Coyne to pay special tribute to Kyle Busch with Grosjean's No. 18 Indy 500 entry

IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Coyne to pay special tribute to Kyle Busch with Grosjean's No. 18 Indy 500 entry
Mark Webber, Red Bull Racing

Mark Webber's plans for 2012 could be decided this week, but it might not be public knowledge for "months", the Australian driver suggested on Tuesday.

Dr Helmut Marko stirred the pot in Hungary by suggesting that the 34-year-old will "probably" retire after racing one more season with Red Bull in 2012.

Mark Webber, Red Bull Racing
Mark Webber, Red Bull Racing

Photo by: xpb.cc

Team boss Christian Horner played down the Austrian's comments by suggesting Webber might decide to stay in F1 for a few more years, agreeing that a new deal for 2012 is likely.

"I am having fun," Webber said on Austrian television Servus TV on Tuesday, "and on Thursday will have a good conversation with Dietrich Mateschitz.

"During the summer break we will discuss it one way or the other, then we will know in the next few months."

Webber has had a less than satisfying 2011 campaign so far, while his teammate Sebastian Vettel ran away with an arguably unassailable title lead.

But the Australian thinks he is improving.

"The next victory will come when I least expect it. Just as with my first one," he said.

Whether I'm here depends ultimately on my motivation and whether I can race at the top level

Mark Webber

"I have the feeling that I am getting stronger all the time. It's going in the right direction."

Webber insisted that he has not decided what to do in 2012.

"Whether I'm here depends ultimately on my motivation and whether I can race at the top level. At the moment it looks as though I will keep going.

"Naturally I'm speaking to the people who are close to me and who have supported me and I will make my decision when I need to. Soon," he said.

Previous article Sullen Vettel Can Enjoy F1 Summer 'In Peace' - Analysis
Next article How close is F1 fuel to road car fuel?

Top Comments

Latest news