Kosciuszko and Andersson march on
...in my situation with such a good lead in the PWRC it would be crazy to take any risks.
PG Andersson and Michal Kosciuszko are continuing to adopt low-risk strategies on Rallye Monte-Carlo as they bid to secure victory in the Super 2000 and Production Car world championship categories respectively.
Andersson, in a PROTON Satria Neo S2000, holds a comfortable margin over second-placed Ford Fiesta driver Craig Breen in the SWRC classification, while Mitsubishi Lancer driver Kosciuszko’s advantage over Louise Cook in the PWRC stands at more than one hour at the completion of day three.
“There were no dramas this morning,” said Swede Andersson. “Okay we had a small problem with the windscreen in the morning when the electric screen wasn’t working on my side, only for my co-driver. The chassis and the engine are both much better than last year. There’s still more work to do, but the PROTON really feels great.”
WRC Academy Cup champion Breen said he was lucky to escape with nothing more than a puncture when he hit a bridge post on Friday’s final stage as he attempted to up his pace. Otherwise, the Irishman’s day was free of major incident.
PWRC leader Kosciuszko said: “The morning was difficult because we had to find a compromise between the first damp stage and the second stage which we thought would only be wet but in fact was icy, so I lost a lot of time. But in my situation with such a good lead in the PWRC it would be crazy to take any risks.”