Non-Account Activity. You can access content such as news articles, features, photographs, galleries, and videos on Motorsport.com without having a Motorsport.com Account.
Account-Related Activity. Certain other activities on Motorsport.com, such as uploading videos, posting comments, or following a particular race team require you to have a Motorsport.com account. We ask for some personal information when you create a Motorsport.com account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access. A Motorsport.com account allows you to access some of our services that require registration.
Usage Information. We may record information about your usage on Motorsport.com or any of the Net Element Sites, such as when you use Motorsport.com channels, groups, and favorites you subscribe to, the contacts you communicate with, the videos you watch, and the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on in Motorsport.com. If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. "Web Beacons") in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and webcam chat areas, within your playback or profile pages, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Motorsport.com website, or any of the other Net Element Sites, we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the general and personalized features and functionality of the Motorsport.com website or another Net Element website, and to process any flagging activity or correspondence you send to us.
- Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other users when you upload videos, post photographs, write comments or send messages through the Motorsport.com website and other users can contact you through messages and comments. Any videos that you submit to the Motorsport.com website may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent, other than promoting another Net Element Site. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Motorsport.com website changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Motorsport.com website and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing user preferences and trends, as well as user activity and communications.
Information that is Publicly Available
- When you create an account on the site, some information about your account and your account activity will be provided to other users of the site. This may include the date you opened your account, the date you last logged into your account, your age (if you choose to make it public), the country and the number of videos you have watched.
- Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other users when you engage in certain activity on the site, such as uploading videos or sending messages through the Motorsport.com website. Other users can contact you through messages and comments.
- You may also choose to add personal information that will visible to other users on your channel page (which is the public facing page for your account on the site). This may include a profile picture, you name, gender, relationship status, or other details.
- If you choose to add certain features to your channel page, then these features and your activity associated with these features will be displayed to other users and may be aggregated and shared with your confirmed friends or other users. Such shared activity may include which videos are your favorites, which videos you rated and which videos you have uploaded.
- Any videos that you submit to the Net Element Sites may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- You may decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Motorsport.com website, in which case you can still view articles, photographs, and videos and explore the Motorsport.com website, but Motorsport.com may be unable to provide certain services to you, and the privacy notices of those services govern the use of your personal information associated with them.
- You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page.
- You may clear your viewing history at any time through the "Viewing History" feature.
- You may control the information that is available to other users and your confirmed friends at any time by editing your account and the features that are included on your channel page.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
For questions concerning the product or your account, please visit the Motorsport.com Help page.
For more information about our privacy practices, please send an email to us at email@example.com