Sebastien Loeb finished the first day of World Touring Car Championship testing at Barcelona on top of the times.
The Citroen driver had set the pace in the morning session and stayed there with a best time of 1:49.972, set during the morning.
Mehdi Bennani finished in second in his maiden outing with the Citroen C-Elysee WTCC, having switched from the Honda Civic he drove last year.
The Moroccan, whose car is run by Loeb's team, was nearly a second off Loeb's pace, however.
Gabriele Tarquini was the quickest of the Hondas in third ahead of Hugo Valente in the Campos Chevrolet Cruze. Tarquini's teammate Tiago Monteiro completed the top five.
John Filippi, stepping up to TC1 with Campos this year, was sixth in the second Cruze from the Spanish squad.
Norbert Michelisz was slowest in the Zengo Honda.
Stefano D'Aste, back in the WTCC with Munnich, was also on track, but his times were not recorded.
1. Sebastien Loeb Citroen 1:49.972
2. Mehdi Bennani Citroen 1:50.847 +0.877
3. Gabriele Tarquini Honda 1:51.063 +1.121
4. Hugo Valente Chevrolet 1:51.216 +1.244
5. Tiago Monteiro Honda 1:51.319 +1.347
6. John Filippi Chevrolet 1:51.723 +1.669
7. Norbert Mischelisz Honda 1:52.045 +2.073