Today’s route took in another two loops of three stages covering 146.28 kilometres of competition to the northwest of Faro.
Volkswagen Motorsport driver Sébastien Ogier has powered into the lead of Rally de Portugal, overhauling his rivals to pull out a 38.1 second advantage with 43.87 competitive kilometres to run on Sunday. Mikko Hirvonen has slipped to second and Mads Østberg has moved up to third following the retirement of Ott Tanak.
Today’s route took in another two loops of three stages covering 146.28 kilometres of competition to the northwest of Faro. Ogier was the dominant force this morning; the Frenchman won the opening stage and claimed the lead after another victory in the following stage. Despite Hirvonen pushing hard, Ogier gradually extended his advantage throughout the day, claiming a hat-trick of wins this afternoon, and heads into the final day with a comfortable lead. Behind second-placed Hirvonen, Mads Østberg has moved into third after Fiesta RS WRC driver Ott Tanak rolled in stage 10, a disappointing exit after an impressive showing on Friday.
Rally de Portugal – Unofficial Results after Day 2
1. Sébastien Ogier/Julien Ingrassia - Volkswagen Polo R WRC - 3hr 03min 39.8
2. Mikko Hirvonen/Jarmo Lehtinen - Ford Fiesta RS WRC - 3hr 04min 17.9
3. Mads Østberg/Jonas Andersson - Citroën DS3 WRC - 3hr 05min 06.5
4. Dani Sordo/Marc Marti - Hyundai i20 WRC - 3hr 05min 26.5
5. Henning Solberg/Ilka Minor - Ford Fiesta RS WRC - 3hr 08min 09.7
6. Andreas Mikkelsen/Mikko Markkula - Volkswagen Polo R WRC - 3hr 08min 24.6
7. Martin Prokop/Jan Tomanek - Ford Fiesta RS WRC - 3hr 11min 01.3
8. Juho Hänninen/Tomi Tuominen - Hyundai i20 WRC - 3hr 11min 10.4
9. Thierry Neuville/Nicolas Gilsoul - Hyundai i20 WRC - 3hr 11min 11.2
10. Nasser Al-Attiyah/Giovanni Bernacchini - Ford Fiesta RRC - 3hr 13min 04.5