Previewing the World of Outlaws Return to Fulton Speedway in New York Fulton, NY-August 2, 2010- After a three year absence, the World of Outlaws will return to Fulton Speedway in New York this week on Tuesday, August 3 to wrap up the second...
Previewing the World of Outlaws Return to Fulton Speedway in New York
Fulton, NY-August 2, 2010- After a three year absence, the World of Outlaws will return to Fulton Speedway in New York this week on Tuesday, August 3 to wrap up the second East Coast swing of the season, which has taken the series to six different tracks in two states and two Canadian Provinces.
Donny Schatz, the four-time and defending World of Outlaws champion, was victorious in the series last visit to the high-banked 3.8-mile in 2006, battling Craig Dollansky and Joey Saldana for the win. Schatz finished sixth in his first visit to Fulton the year before. He heads to Fulton Speedway as the most recent winner with the series, having scored a victory on Sunday night at Ohsweken Speedway.
Craig Dollansky has led more laps than any other driver with the World of Outlaws at Fulton, pacing the field for 30 circuits in 2005 and five in 2006 en route to third and fourth-place finishes.
Joey Saldana, the current World of Outlaws point leader, finished second in his last start at Fulton in 2006 and was fifth in his debut at the track a year before. The second generation driver leads the series with 10 A-Feature wins this season and also in on top of the leader board in laps led. Saldana holds a slim 30 point lead over 20-time series champion Steve Kinser in the series standings. Kinser has won six times in 2010 as he chases his record 21st title.
The World of Outlaws visit Fulton Speedway for the first time in 2005 with Australian Brooke Tatnell picking up the win over Steve Kinser, Jason Sides and Dollansky, who led the first 30-laps of the 40-lap contest.
Three tracks in New York will host the World of Outlaws in 2010, with Fulton being the only short track, one that is smaller than a half-mile.
* Donny Schatz looks to repeat at Fulton Speedway after winning at the track in 2006. He has six career wins in New York at four different tracks.
* Steve Kinser has won 35 races in the state of New York in his illustrious career at six different tracks and is looking for his first win at Fulton Speedway this week.
* Joey Saldana, the current World of Outlaws point leader, has one career win in New York and has an average finish of 3.5 at Fulton Speedway in two starts, finishing in the Top-Five both times.
* Jason Meyers, who is currently third in the World of Outlaws standings, looks to rebound from a 23rd-place finish in his debut at Fulton Speedway in 2005. He has one career win in the state of New York.
* Jason Sides made his first start at Fulton Speedway in 2005, coming home third. He has won four times this season and is currently fifth in points
* Paul McMahan, who leads the World of Outlaws in fast time honors in qualifying this season, picked up a Top-10 finish in his debut at Fulton Speedway in 2005.
* Danny Lasoski finished ninth at Fulton in 2005. The former series champion, who has three career wins in New York, is seeking his first victory of the 2010 campaign.
* Craig Dollansky looks to improve upon his third and four-place finishes at Fulton Speedway, in which he has led more laps of feature racing competition than any other driver. The veteran has one career win in New York.
* Kraig Kinser has one start at Fulton with that coming in 2005, in a race in which he finished eighth.
* Lucas Wolfe, who is currently seventh in points on the strength of 13 Top-Five finishes, has made one start at Fulton Speedway, with that coming in 2005.
* Chad Kemenah has one start at Fulton Speedway in 2006, finishing 11th in that race.
* Ben Gregg, Sam Hafertepe Jr. and Toni Lutar will all be making their first start at Fulton Speedway this week.
By the Numbers: World of Outlaws Return to Fulton Speedway
0.375- Miles around Fulton Speedway
2- Races the World of Outlaws have had at Fulton Speedway; Driver that have won with the series at the track
3 - Races in the state of New York this season for the World of Outlaws; Drivers that have competed in both World of Outlaws events at Fulton Speedway
4- Drivers that have led laps with the World of Outlaws at Fulton Speedway
6- Laps led by Donny Schatz en route to winning at the track in 2006
8- Track records that have been established in time trials at World of Outlaws races this season
10- A-Feature wins for Joey Saldana through August 1 to lead the series
11- Drivers competing full-time with the World of Outlaws that have raced at Fulton Speedway
13.911- Track record at Fulton Speedway established by Justin Henderson in 2006
15- Drivers currently competing full-time with the World of Outlaws
16- Drivers that have won A-Feature events with the series in 2010
17- Drivers that have won a dash this season to earn a pole position in a main event
26- Drivers that have led laps in feature events this season
29- Top-Five finishes for Steve Kinser through August 1 to lead the series
30- Points that currently separate leader Joey Saldana and Steve Kinser in the championship standings
33- Consecutive years that the World of Outlaws have raced in the state of New York
35- Laps led by Craig Dollansky at Fulton Speedway, the most of any driver, en route to third and four-place finishes at the track
41- Top-10 finishes for Steve Kinser through August 1 to lead the series
46- A-Feature events contested by the World of Outlaws through August 1
237- Miles from Ohsweken Speedway where the World of Outlaws competed on July 30 and August 1 to Fulton Speedway in New York
269- Laps led by Joey Saldana in A-Feature events this season to lead the series
1978- Year the World of Outlaws first raced in the state of New York
2005- Year the World of Outlaws first raced at Fulton Speedway
2006- Year the World of Outlaws last raced at Fulton Speedway
10,000- Dollars the winner will receive on Tuesday, August 3
51,690- Dollars in the total purse on Tuesday, August 3
208,600- Dollars earned by Steve Kinser through August 1 to lead the series
Tickets: On Tuesday, August 3 at Fulton Speedway, general admission tickets for adults will be $35, with general admission tickets kids 14-under $15. Reserved tickets will be $40. A pit combo which includes a pit pass and reserved ticket will also be available for $50. For tickets call the track at 315-6531 or the Race Line at 315-668-7223 or visit www.fultonspeedway.com.