Previewing the Inaugural World of Outlaws Event at Autodrome Drummond Drummondville, QC--July 26, 2010- The World of Outlaws will truly be worldly this week on Tuesday, July 27, as the series heads to Autodrome Drummond in Drummondville, Quebec,...
Previewing the Inaugural World of Outlaws Event at Autodrome Drummond
Drummondville, QC--July 26, 2010- The World of Outlaws will truly be worldly this week on Tuesday, July 27, as the series heads to Autodrome Drummond in Drummondville, Quebec, Canada for an inaugural event, which continues the second East Coast Swing of the season and will mark one of five total races in Canada for the series at three different tracks in 2010, including three shows this week.
The event at Autodrome Drummond will mark the first World of Outlaws race in the Province of Quebec, which will be the fourth inaugural event for the series in 2010, and will be the first ever 410-winged sprint car race at the banked four-tenths-mile.
The World of Outlaws raced in Canada for the first time in 1979 at Victory Lane Speedway in Winnipeg with Sammy Swindell winning that event. The series has competed at three different tracks north of the border in the last 31 years, with seven drivers taking the checkered flag over that span, including five that will be in action at Autodrome Drummond.
Joey Saldana leads the series into Autodrome Drummond as the current World of Outlaws point leader on the strength of 10 A-Feature wins as he chases his first title. Steve Kinser is right behind him, just 36 markers out of the top spot as he seeks his record 21st title. Jason Meyers is currently third only 45 markers out of the lead as he too chases his first title.
Saldana and Meyers each were victorious in Canada last season, with Saldana winning at Castrol Raceway and Meyers picking up the checkered flag at Ohsweken Speedway, while Kinser scored his first win north of the border in 2008 at Castrol Raceway in Edmonton. Donny Schatz, the four-time and defending series champion, who is fourth in points, also has won in Canada, as has Jason Sides, who is fifth in the standings.
* Another great points race is shaping up this year, with Joey Saldana currently leading Steve Kinser by just 36 markers with Jason Meyers third, only 45 behind, with those three drivers leading the series in wins this season.
* The World of Outlaws will make two separate trips to Canada this season, with the first being this week, followed by a stop at Castrol Raceway in Edmonton in late August.
* Jason Sides has won twice in Canada with the World of Outlaws, with both of those
victories coming at Ohsweken Speedway in Ontario.
* Jason Meyers scored his first career win in Canada last season at Ohsweken Speedway. He also has won twice north of the border, with one of those victories coming at Castrol Raceway in Edmonton.
* Joey Saldana has two career wins in Canada, with both of those coming at Castrol Raceway in Edmonton last season. He has also won in Australia and New Zealand during his career.
* Steve Kinser picked up his first win in Canada in 2008 at Castrol Raceway, adding to wins he has in Australia, Mexico and New Zealand.
* Donny Schatz also scored his first win in Canada in 2008 adding to the wins he has in Australia.
* Paul McMahan heads to Autodrome Drummond as the most consistent driver on the circuit over the last 11 races, scoring nine Top-Five finishes and 10 Top-10's in that span.
* Toni Lutar, one of the contenders for the Kevin Gobrecht Rookie of the Year Award this season, hails from Canada, as he calls White Rock, British Columbia home.
By the Numbers: Autodrome Drummond
0.4- Miles around Autodrome Drummond
1- Driver that has competed in every event the World of Outlaws have contested in Canada- Steve Kinser
3- Tracks in Canada that the World of Outlaws will compete at this season; Different Provinces in Canada that the World of Outlaws have competed in
4- Inaugural events for the World of Outlaws in 2010; Consecutive years the World of Outlaws have competed in Canada
5- A-Feature events on four-tenths-mile tracks this season for the World of Outlaws
6- Track records that have been established in time trials at World of Outlaws events this season
7- Drivers that have won with the World of Outlaws in Canada
10- A-Feature wins for Joey Saldana this season to lead the series
14.022- Track record at Autodrome Drummond established by Steve Poirier in 2009
15- Drivers that have been quickest in time trials this season
16- Drivers that have won A-Feature events with the World of Outlaws in 2010
17- Drivers that have won a Dash this season to earn a pole position
26- Top-Five finishes for Steve Kinser through July 25 to lead the series; Drivers that have led laps in feature events this season
36- Points that separate Joey Saldana and Steve Kinser at the top of the World of Outlaws standings
38- Top-10 finishes for Steve Kinser through July 25 to lead the series
43- A-Feature events the World of Outlaws have contested through July 25
269- Laps led by Joey Saldana this season to lead the series
297- Miles from Lebanon Valley Speedway in New York where the World of Outlaws compete on July 25 to Autdrome Drummond in Drummondville, Quebec, Canada
1979- Year the World of Outlaws first raced in Canada
10,000- Dollars the winner will receive on Tuesday, July 27
51,690- Dollars in the total purse on Tuesday, July 27
194,800- Dollars earned by Joey Saldana this season to lead the series
On Tuesday, July 27 at Autodrome Drummond, adult tickets will be $50 Canadian when purchased in advance and $60 Canadian the day of the race, with tickets for those ages 13-17 $30 Canadian when purchased in advance and also $30 Canadian the day of the race. For more information call the track at (819) 474-2222 or visit www.autodrome-drummond.com.