Previewing the World of Outlaws at North Central Speedway Brainerd, MN-June 1, 2010- Following a very successful debut at North Central Speedway in 2008, the World of Outlaws will return to the high-banked 1/3-mile in Brainerd, Minnesota this ...
Previewing the World of Outlaws at North Central Speedway
Brainerd, MN-June 1, 2010- Following a very successful debut at North Central Speedway in 2008, the World of Outlaws will return to the high-banked 1/3-mile in Brainerd, Minnesota this weekend for a full night of racing on Saturday, July 3 to help celebrate the Independence Day Weekend.
Kraig Kinser was victorious in the World of Outlaws inaugural event at North Central Speedway in 2008 over Lucas Wolfe and his father, 20-time World of Outlaws champion Steve Kinser. Wolfe took lead at the start from Joey Saldana who started on the pole. Saldana kept pace and got around Wolfe on the eighth lap and would pace the next 12 circuits before a mechanical problem ended his night. The younger Kinser and Wolfe then battled for the win down the stretch.
Saldana leads the series into North Central Speedway this season on the strength of 20 Top-Five finishes with six of those being wins, which has him tied with Jason Meyers atop the leader board in victories. The Indiana native currently has a 29-point lead over Steve Kinser in the standings as he chases his first title.
Steve Kinser has won four times in his career in Minnesota at three different tracks. He has won four times this season including for the first time at River Cities Speedway in North Dakota which he added to the amazing list of tracks that he has won at in his career.
Wolfe led seventh laps in his debut at North Central Speedway during his rookie season of 2008. The native of Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania has racked up 16 Top-10 finishes this season with nine of those being Top-Five performances as he continues to close in on his first World of Outlaws win. The second generation driver is currently seventh in points.
Donny Schatz, the four-time and defending World of Outlaws champion finished seventh at North Central Speedway in 2008, while Jason Meyers, who is tied for the series lead in wins with six, ran eighth, with Hall of Famer Jac Haudenschild ninth and Chad Kemenah, the 2006 Kevin Gobrecht Rookie of the Year finishing 10th in his first visit to the track.
* Kraig Kinser looks to remain unbeaten at North Central Speedway after winning the inaugural World of Outlaws race at the track in 2008. He is also looking for his first win of 2010.
* Lucas Wolfe led the first seven laps at North Central Speedway in 2008 en route to a runner-up finish. He has nine Top-Five finishes this season as he looks for his first World of Outlaws win.
* Steve Kinser has won four times in Minnesota over the years and looks to add another track to the amazing list of facilities he has won at in his illustrious career.
* Joey Saldana, the current series point leader, is looking for his second career win in Minnesota after picking up a victory at Deer Creek Speedway last season.
* Jason Meyers has nine career Top-10 finishes in 10 starts in Minnesota as he looks for his first win in the state. He finished second last year at Deer Creek Speedway after a thrilling battle with Joey Saldana.
* Donny Schatz has nine career wins in the state of Minnesota including three with the World of Outlaws. The four-time and defending series champion has won twice this season.
* Craig Dollansky who hails from Minnesota will make his first start at North Central Speedway this weekend. He missed the race in 2008 due to injury.
* Paul McMahan finished sixth at North Central Speedway in 2008. He has six career Top-10 finishes in Minnesota.
* Jac Haudenschild has 12 career Top-10 finishes in 14 starts in Minnesota so as he looks for his first win in the state. He has won twice this season.
* Brian Ellenberger, Ben Gregg and Toni Lutar will also be making their first visit to North Central Speedway.
By the Numbers: North Central Speedway
0.33- Miles around North Central Speedway
1- Driver that hails from the state of Minnesota competing full-time with the World of Outlaws- Craig Dollansky
2- Races in the state of Minnesota this season for the World of Outlaws
3- Drivers that led laps in the World of Outlaws first visit to North Central Speedway; Events thus far in 2010 on 1/3-mile tracks
6- Laps led by Kraig Kinser en route to winning at the track in 2008; Different tracks in the state of Minnesota that the World of Outlaws have raced at over the years
12- Drivers competing full-time this year with the World of Outlaws that raced at North Central Speedway in 2008
12.820- Track record at North Central Speedway established by Jason Meyers in time trials in 2008
13- Drivers that have been quickest in time trials this season
14- Drivers that have won a dash to earn a pole position in a feature event in 2010
16- Drivers currently competing full-time with the World of Outlaws
19- A-Feature events in the state of Minnesota for the World of Outlaws dating back to 1979
21- Drivers that have led laps in feature events this season
29- Points that currently separate Joey Saldana and Steve Kinser at the top of the series standings
93.510- Track record in miles per hour
179- Laps led by Joey Saldana this season in feature events to lead all drivers
267- Miles from Huset's Speedway in South Dakota where the World of Outlaws race on July 1 to North Central Speedway in Minnesota
1979- Year the World of Outlaws first competed in the state of Minnesota
2008- Year the World of Outlaws first raced at North Central Speedway
10,000- Dollars the winner will receive on Saturday, July 3
51,690- Dollars in the total purse on Saturday, July 3
On Saturday, July 3 at North Central Speedway, general admission tickets will be $30 for adults in advance and $35 the day of the race, with general admission tickets for children ages 6-12 $15, while kids five-under admitted free of charge in the general admission section. Adult reserved tickets will be $33 in advance and $35 the day of the race, with reserved tickets for children ages 12-under $15 in advance and $15 the day of the race. Pit combos are also available for advance purchase only for $38, which includes a reserved ticket and a pit pass. For tickets call SLS Promotions at 815-344-2023 or the track at 913-299-2040.