World of Outlaws Sprint Series At A Glance: Knoxville Raceway & Huset's Speedway Norman, OK -- April 26, 2006 WHAT * The World of Outlaws Sprint Series rolls back into action following a rare weekend without racing thanks to Mother Nature. None...
World of Outlaws Sprint Series At A Glance: Knoxville Raceway & Huset's Speedway
Norman, OK -- April 26, 2006
* The World of Outlaws Sprint Series rolls back into action following a rare weekend without racing thanks to Mother Nature. None of the Mean 15 teams sat still last weekend, though. Craig Dollansky captured an event near his team's shop in Wisconsin, Jac Haudenschild won at Eldora and Terry McCarl warmed up for this weekend by grabbing the victory at Knoxville Raceway. Dollansky will be aiming for his second consecutive World of Outlaws victory on Saturday when the series invades the historic Knoxville, Iowa, half-mile on Budweiser Night for a $51,600 event before heading north on Sunday to racy 3/8-mile Huset's Speedway in Brandon, S.D., for another $51,600 event.
In addition to the on-track activities, Terry McCarl and Brooke Tatnell will appear from noon-to 2p.m. on Saturday at Outrageous Graphics' new location in the Southridge Mall in Des Moines and Justin Henderson will appear with his car from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Saturday at the Kum & Go station in Knoxville near the raceway. Also on Saturday at Knoxville, Craig Dollansky, Daryn Pittman, Jeremy Campbell and Brian Carlson will sign autographs at 4:30 p.m. with Justin Henderson, Donny Schatz, Joey Saldana and Jac Haudenschild signing autographs at 3:30 p.m. on Sunday at Huset's Speedway.
* On Saturday at Knoxville Raceway, grandstands open at 6 p.m. with hot laps beginning at 6:45 p.m. and racing to follow. The pit gates open at 4 p.m.
* On Sunday at Huset's Speedway, gates open at 2 p.m. with on-track action beginning at 5 p.m.
* Knoxville Raceway is at the north edge of Knoxville, Iowa, on SR 14 (located at the Marion County Fairgrounds), about an hour southeast of Des Moines.
* Huset's Speedway is between Sioux Falls, S.D. and Brandon, S.D. on Highway 11. Take Interstate 90 East of Sioux Falls to Exit 406, the travel three miles south on SR 11.
* At Knoxville Raceway, tickets for adult general admission are $25, child general admission are $12.50, adult reserved are $27 and child reserved are $13.50. For more information, go to www.knoxvilleraceway.com.
* At Huset's Speedway, adults are $30 while juniors (8-14) are $5. For more information, go to www.husets-speedway.com.
ON THE INTERNET
* Listen live as the Voice of the Outlaws, Johnny Gibson, calls the action at all World of Outlaws Sprint Series events on the DIRT Radio Network at Dirtvision.com. Go to www.dirtvision.com for more information on all the features, including updated results from each night of racing as well as a chat room to interact with other fans listening to the action. In addition, Sunday's event from Huset's Speedway will be featured as a live Cybercast.
* The World of Outlaws Sprint Series is at www.dirtmotorsports.com/sprint.
* Knoxville Raceway is at www.knoxvilleraceway.com
* Huset's Speedway is at www.husets-speedway.com
* Nobody will want to miss this week's World of Outlaws event at 8 p.m. April 26 on The Outdoor Channel as all the action from the thrilling event at quarter-mile Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, Ind., will be featured. The show reruns at 1 a.m. ET Friday morning and again at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday. The following week at 8 p.m. ET on May 3, the event from Knoxville Raceway will be the featured show with the Missouri High-Banked Nationals presented by Weld Wheels moving into the spotlight May 10 on The Outdoor Channel, which is available nationwide through the DISH Network (Channel 153) and DIRECTV (Channel 606). Through a special partnership with Sterling Commerce Group, World of Outlaws fans can receive 120 channels of satellite programming on the DISH Network, including The Outdoor Channel, free Starz premium channels, free equipment and installation, a $100 rebate and a $30 gift certificate for World of Outlaws merchandise by calling 1-800-951-9380 or logging onto www.outlawdishdeal.com to sign up. Even better, when you're at a World of Outlaws event, simply stop by the World of Outlaws merchandise trailer to sign up.
* Terry McCarl and K-C Raceway's Jim Nier will join Dirt Nation hosts Doc Lehman and Dave Seay on Monday, May 1, for a segment airing between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. Eastern. To listen to Dirt Nation online, go to www.dirtnation.net/ or in the Hampton, Va., area tune into WLRT FOX 1490 AM.
ABOUT THE TRACKS
* Knoxville Raceway is a semi-banked half-mile oval that plays host to the historic Knoxville Nationals each August. Terry McCarl established the single-lap record last season when he turned an AMB i.t.-timed lap around the half-mile oval in 14.907 seconds at 120.769 mph.
* Huset's Speedway is a high-banked 3/8-mile oval. Terry McCarl established the track record of 10.426 seconds on Aug. 17, 2002.
NEWS & NOTES
* On the Web: The Official World of Outlaws Sprint Series Web site at www.dirtmotorsports.com/sprint includes driver biographies with individual statistics and pictures, race-by-race statistics, detailed track information and race coverage, series news and team press releases. There also are links to the 2006 DIRT MotorSports Media Guide, the Official Rulebook and the 2006 DIRT MotorSports Membership form.
* Back in action: Mother Nature finally dealt the World of Outlaws Sprint Series a blow it couldn't race through last Friday at Lawrenceburg (Ind.) Speedway. Heavy rain forced the event to be postponed to July 7. With no event scheduled for last Saturday, the Mean 15 racers scattered across the country. Terry McCarl warmed up for this weekend's event by winning Knoxville Raceway's opening night event, Jac Haudenschild captured the checkered flag at Eldora Speedway in an All Star Circuit of Champions show, and Craig Dollansky competed near his team's shop in Wisconsin to win the IRA-sanctioned Rick Schmidt Memorial at Dodge County Fairgrounds Speedway in Beaver Dam. Said Haudenschild, "The Outlaw drivers did pretty good this weekend."
* Tickets on sale: Tickets are on sale for many of the upcoming World of Outlaws events, and fans are encouraged to check out each race track's Web sites for details. SLS Promotions is gearing up to promote several races, including the inaugural Missouri High-Banked Nationals presented by Weld Wheels on May 5 at the ultrafast U.S. 36 Raceway in Osborn, Mo., where Mean 15 racer Terry McCarl owns the astonishing single-lap record of 9.91 seconds on the 3/8-mile clay oval. -- The next night, Saturday, May 6, the crew travels down to C. Ray Hall's historic 81 Speedway for the Third Annual Wichita Twister Showdown, won last year by Mean 15 racer Daryn Pittman. Tickets are available for this popular Kansas event thru SLS or by calling the track direct at 316-755-1781. -- Seats also are available for the June 1 event at Wayne County Speedway in Orrville, Ohio, and June 4 for the Terre Haute Action Track in Terre Haute, Ind., both events that will feature the World of Outlaws Sprint Series and the All Star Circuit of Champions. -- Tickets for the two-day Duel In The Dakotas, run in conjunction with the Red River Valley Fair in West Fargo, N.D., also are on sale. The June 16-17 Duel will be tri-sanctioned with the All Stars and NOSA adding their stars and cars to the field for an incredibly competitive event that SLS is truly proud to be part of this in 2006. -- Also, seats are now available to the PolyDome Princeton Nationals on July 28-29 at Princeton Speedway in Princeton, Minn. -- To purchase tickets to these events, contact SLS Promotions at 815-344-2023 on Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central or go to www.slspromotions for more information.
* Supporting Knoxville: Before the World of Outlaws roll into the pits on April 29 at Knoxville Raceway, several drivers will be available to meet-and-greet fans. Brooke Tatnell and Terry McCarl will be among the racers signing autographs from noon to 2 p.m. on April 29 at Outrageous Graphics' new location in the Southridge Mall in Des Moines. -- In addition to the mall signing on April 29, Justin Henderson's Jolt Energy Gum/Race Girl Schnee will be at the Kum & Go station next to Knoxville Raceway from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. The following day, April 30, fans can follow the World of Outlaws as the series rolls north to Brandon, S.D., for its first of two events this season at Huset's Speedway.
* Fast times: U.S. 36 Raceway already is one of the fastest tracks around. A 3/8-mile oval, Terry McCarl owns the track record of 9.91 seconds. Now, at the Missouri High-Banked Nationals presented by Weld Wheels on May 5, there's an extra incentive to be extra fast. Cox Design & Metal Fabrication in Altoona, Iowa, is putting up $500 to the fast qualifier during the World of Outlaws inaugural appearance at Mike Frank's Osborn, Mo., facility. In addition, Bruce and Debbie Cox are putting up another $500 if that driver breaks McCarl's record. Advance reserve tickets are available for this highly anticipated race by calling SLS Promotions between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. Central at 815-344-2023 or by stopping by in person at nearby St. Joe Harley-Davidson. Current U.S. 36 Raceway record holder Terry McCarl will be at St. Joe Harley-Davidson on Thursday, May 4. Then on May 5 fans can be part of the "Harley Ride" to the track that leaves from St. Joe Harley-Davidson on race day. U.S. 36 Raceway is just a few short miles west of I-35 on U.S. 36 in Osborn, Mo.
* Buckeye Battles: The World of Outlaws Sprint Series will invade central Ohio for back-to-back nights May 12-13 at two of the raciest tracks around, Attica Raceway Park and K-C Raceway. On Friday, May 12, the Outlaws return to Attica Raceway Park where in 2005 the regional racers dominated an event captured by Stevie Smith. This time around, the Mean 15 racers come into Attica for an event presented by Kistler Engines fully aware they'll be in for a fight on the 1/3-mile oval. For more information on the Attica event, go to www.atticaracewaypark.com. -- The following night, May 13, the World of Outlaws competitors head to Chillicothe, Ohio, for the Ohio Challenge where Donny Schatz is aiming to defend his victory on Jim Nier's incredibly high-speed, high-banked 3/8-mile K-C Raceway oval. The action last fall when the World of Outlaws competed at K-C Raceway was fast and furious as Schatz held off Terry McCarl on a night with 40 410-sprint cars in the pits. In fact, Brock Mayes shattered the track record that night when he circled the raceway in 10.915 seconds at 123.683 mph. For more information, go to www.kc-raceway.com.
* Invading Posse Country: On Tuesday, May 16, the NAPA Auto Parts/COMDIAL Telephone Communications Thunder on the Hill Racing Series at Grandview Speedway is host to the World of Outlaws. Without a doubt, these are the fastest sprint cars in the country with the nation's best sprint car drivers and they'll invade the Berks County 1/3-mile high-banked oval about 10 miles north of Pottstown, Pa., for their traditional mid-week stop and a 35-lap event worth $10,000 to the winner. The World of Outlaws Sprint Series has dominated every World of Outlaws event at Grandview Speedway, shutting out the PA Posse locals, but weekly rivals Fred Rahmer, Lance Dewease, Greg Hodnett and Mark Smith are planning to gang up on the invaders this year. Dewease owns 10 wins at Grandview, Rahmer is an eight-time winner and Hodnett owns four Grandview 410 sprint wins. In addition, the popular wingless ARDC Midgets also will be on the race card to complete a thrilling night of action. Adult tickets are $30, Children 6-11 are $10 and children under the age of 6 will be admitted free. To purchase advance tickets, please make a check or money order payable to: Grandview Speedway and mail your payment to: Thunder Series 2006, 129 Mill Pond Place, Langhorne, PA 19047. Please include a self-addressed and stamped envelope and your tickets will be mailed to you. Advance Ticket holders may enter the grandstands at 4 p.m. with General Admission tickets going on sale at 4:30 p.m. Warm-ups are scheduled for 7 p.m. with time trial qualifying getting underway at 7:30 p.m. In the event of rain, Wednesday, May 17, will be the rain date. There also will be an autograph session with several World of Outlaws racers at 4:30 p.m. For more information, go to www.thunderonthehillracingseries.com.
* The $50,000 Challenge: World of Outlaws races at Lernerville Speedway and Sharon Speedway normally are quite competitive, but wait until a $50,000 bonus is on the line. The winner of the May 19 Commonwealth Clash will have the option to start from the rear of the A-main the following night, May 20, at Sharon Speedway. If that driver can win the 40-lap event at Sharon, a bonus of $50,000 will be added to the winner's $10,000 check. A driver who wins both events and The $50,000 Challenge will pocket $70,000 -- a nice way to warm up for the Month of Money.
* Back in action: Mean 15 racer Jason Martin will make his debut Saturday as a member of World of Outlaws Mean 15. Martin, of Liberal, Kan., sustained a neck injury in a scary crash at East Bay Raceway Park in the final event before the season-opening Winternationals at Volusia Speedway Park. Brian Brown drove the car at Volusia with Rob Chaney taking over beginning at Manzanita Speedway and delivering a top-five earlier this month at Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, Ind.
* Hindi's Knoxville Return: The last time Mean 15 racer Neon Dion Hindi took laps at Knoxville Raceway was in 2000 when he was running with the SCOA. Hindi scored a top-10 finish, but he has not been back to the historic half-mile as a competitor. Now, Hindi and his crew have a brand new J&J Chassis as well as a new powerplant and new Fast Wings. The 11D RealTruck.com/Sniper Tuning J&J Chassis is coming off an 11th-place run at Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt,Ind., and Hindi continues to grow in confidence. Dion also has a new Web site that will be launching soon by HostIowa.net. "I have been looking forward to this since last year's Nationals," Hindi said. "I wanted to get back on the road with Outlaws and just wanted the right opportunity. One reason I wanted back was to race at Knoxville. The history here and everything it means when you win here, it is just huge." -- RealTruck.com is the leader in automotive aftermarket parts for Trucks. With free shipping on orders more than $100 and unmatched customer service RealTruck.com has everything needed for performance and appearance on a Truck or SUV. Fans can save 5 percent on their entire purchase when they use coupon code DH#11. -- Sniper is the name you need to know for performance and improved mileage on your Truck or SUV. Sniper Tuning diesel and gas Engine Performance Module offers the most complete tuning software available for diesel and gas vehicle. Build your vehicle to the exact specs you want it. Special Forces tuning offers more torque, and quick and simple installation. For racers, this product will save money on gas during the tow from event to event. Order a Sniper Tuning Module today from RealTruck.com and save 5 percent with coupon code DH#11.
* Primetime racers: The Outdoor Channel broadcasts World of Outlaws action at 8 p.m. (ET) on Wednesdays, with rebroadcasts at 1 a.m. (ET) Fridays and 1 p.m. (ET) Saturdays. The Outdoor Channel is available nationwide through the DISH Network (Channel 153) and DIRECTV (Channel 606). For more information on The Outdoor Channel, go to www.theoutdoorchannel.com. Through a special partnership with Sterling Commerce Group, World of Outlaws fans can receive 120 channels of satellite programming on the DISH Network, including The Outdoor Channel, free Starz premium channels, free equipment and installation, a $100 rebate and a $30 gift certificate for World of Outlaws merchandise by calling 1-800-951-9380 or logging onto www.outlawdishdeal.com to sign up. Even better, when you're at a World of Outlaws event, simply stop by the World of Outlaws merchandise trailer to sign up.
* The Mean 15: The impressive 2006 edition of the World of Outlaws Sprint Series' Mean 15 racers includes Becca Anderson (No. 19 Woodring Racing JEI), Jeremy Campbell (No. 10c America's Best Values Inn/G-Force Racing Gear Maxim), Brian Carlson (No. 18 Lincoln Electric Maxim), Craig Dollansky (No. 7 Karavan Trailers Maxim), Randy Hannagan (No. 1x Terry Hannagan Racing Maxim), Jac Haudenschild (No. 35 Wright One Construction Maxim), Justin Henderson (No. D1 Jolt Energy Gum/Race Girl Schnee powered by Hollywood Racing Engines), Dion Hindi (No. 11D RealTruck.com/SniperTuning J&J), Chad Kemenah (No. 15K UUI Underground Utilities Eagle), Jason Martin (No. 36 NOS Energy Drink/Mafia Motorsports Maxim), Terry McCarl (No. 24 Big Game Treestands/Bosma Poultry/AmeriCash Advance.com Eagle), Daryn Pittman (No. 21 Titan Garages & Carports Maxim), Joey Saldana (No. 9 Central Merchant Services/Curb Records/Dodge Mopar-powered JEI), Donny Schatz (No. 15 ParkerStore J&J), Brooke Tatnell (No. 8 Castrol/Steel Dreams/Garlic Jim's Pizza Eagle). In addition, competitive Indiana racer Bill Rose (No. 6 Bill Rose Maxim) also has signed on to compete with the Outlaws at each event in 2006.
* Sign on, tune in: DIRTVision.com is celebrating its third year of providing fans, media, teams, promoters and sponsors with access to live and on-demand cybercasts of many DIRT MotorSports-sanctioned events. In 2006 the DIRTVision schedule will include more than 100 live and on-demand cybercasts including select World of Outlaws Sprint Series, World of Outlaws Late Model Series, Advance Auto Parts Modified Super DIRT Series, plus UMP and MARS events. 2006 Season Subscriptions are available now (April -- September) for just $49.99 or on a month-to-month basis for $9.99.
* Tune into the Web: If fans can't get to any of the upcoming events, they can experience the excitement of the World of Outlaws Sprint Series live on Dirtvision.com through the DIRT Radio Network, where announcer John Gibson keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout the event. To listen to the audio broadcasts, log on to www.dirtvision.com and click on the DIRT Radio Network logo. Listeners will need Windows Media Player 9 or higher to listen to the DIRT Radio Network. For technical support or questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Following this weekend's events at Knoxville Raceway and Huset's Speedway, the World of Outlaws schedule picks up with the highly anticipated Missouri High-Banked Nationals presented by Weld Wheels on May 5 at U.S. 36 Raceway followed May 6 by the Third Annual Wichita Twister Showdown at 81 Speedway just outside Wichita, Kan. The series then heads toward its first East Coast Swing with events May 12 at Attica Raceway Park in Attica, Ohio, and May 13 at K-C Raceway in Chillicothe, Ohio.