World of Outlaws Sprint Series At A Glance: Batesville Speedway & I-55 Raceway Norman, OK -- March 15, 2006 WHAT * The World of Outlaws Sprint Series is gearing up to invade Batesville Speedway on March 31 in Batesville, Ark., and I-55 Raceway...
World of Outlaws Sprint Series At A Glance: Batesville Speedway & I-55 Raceway
Norman, OK -- March 15, 2006
* The World of Outlaws Sprint Series is gearing up to invade Batesville Speedway on March 31 in Batesville, Ark., and I-55 Raceway on April 1 in Pevely, Mo., for two $51,600 events paying $10,000 to the winner.
* On March 31 at Batesville Speedway, pit gates will open at 4 p.m. with grandstands opening at 5 p.m. Several Mean 15 racers will be available for autographs preceding the night of action on the 3/8-mile oval.
* On April 1 at I-55 Raceway, the pit gates will open at 2 p.m. with grandstands opening at 3 p.m. Several Mean 15 racers will be available for an autograph session as well preceding the night of racing on the high-banked 1/3-mile oval.
* Batesville Speedway is about seven miles west of Batesville in Locust Grove on Heber Springs Road at the junction of SR 14 and SR 25.
* For I-55 Raceway, take Interstate 55 to Herculaneum exit (#178), head east on U.S. 61/67, go north to Herky-Horine Road, then 1/2-mile west.
* For tickets to Batesville Speedway, call 870-251-1200 or go to www.batesvillespeedway.com for more information.
* For tickets to I-55 Raceway, call 636-479-3219 or go to www.i55raceway.com for more information.
* The Outdoor Channel will air at 8 p.m. (ET) on March 15 all the action from the World of Outlaws event at United Sports Arizona Race Park. The first show from the Las Vegas World of Outlaws Nationals will air on March 22 followed March 29 by the second event. The Outdoor Channel is available nationwide through the DISH Network (Channel 153) and DIRECTV (Channel 606).
ABOUT THE TRACKS
* Batesville Speedway is a high-banked, 3/8-mile oval where Kraig Kinser set the track record of 10.746 seconds at 125.628 mph on April 1, 2005.
* I-55 Raceway is a high-banked, 1/3-mile oval. Steve Smith's 10.189-second lap on March 30, 2002, is still the track record in a World of Outlaws event.
NEWS & NOTES
* On the Web: The Official World of Outlaws Sprint Series Web site at www.dirtmotorsports.com/sprint includes driver biographies with individual statistics and pictures, race-by-race statistics, detailed track information and race coverage, series news and team press releases. There also are links to the 2006 DIRT MotorSports Media Guide, the Official Rulebook and the 2006 DIRT MotorSports Membership form.
* Variety show: Through six events this season on the World of Outlaws tour, not only has there been six different winners, but there also has been six different drivers to sit on the pole and six different drivers to win the B-main.
* What a pill: For the past three consecutive races, the field for the dashes that sets the top six rows for a single-day event has been inverted after the quickest driver of the night pulled a No. 6 pill following time trials. That means the fastest cars in time trials that transfer through their heats must start from the back of the dash. There is an equal possibility for that driver to pull a 0, 4 or 6.
* Swindell In Vegas: In his fourth race with the World of Outlaws this season, three-time series champion Sammy Swindell earned his first victory of 2006 and the 267th World of Outlaws win of his career in the Guy Forbrook Motorsports Volcano Joe's Coffee/Wirtgen/Jackpot Junction Mopar Maxim.
* Primetime racers: The Outdoor Channel broadcasts World of Outlaws action at 8 p.m. (ET) on Wednesdays, with rebroadcasts at 1 a.m. (ET) Fridays and 1 p.m. (ET) Saturdays. The Outdoor Channel is available nationwide through the DISH Network (Channel 153) and DIRECTV (Channel 606). For more information on The Outdoor Channel, go to www.theoutdoorchannel.com.
* 3/8-mile winners: Batesville Speedway is a 3/8-mile oval. The series has raced one time this season on a track that size. On March 4 at United Sports Arizona Race Park in Tucson Paul McMahan held off Donny Schatz as Terry McCarl, Schatz and Daryn Pittman were three of the fastest cars throughout the night.
* 1/3-mile winners: On April 1 at I-55 Raceway, the World of Outlaws will compete for the first time this season on a 1/3-mile oval. In 2005, the World of Outlaws raced 14 times on tracks that size. Current Mean 15 racers accounted for five of those victories, with Craig Dollansky earning two wins and Chad Kemenah, Daryn Pittman and Donny Schatz each picking up a victory, too.
* The Mean 15: The impressive 2006 edition of the World of Outlaws Sprint Series' Mean 15 racers includes Becca Anderson (No. 19 Woodring Racing JEI), Jeremy Campbell (No. 10c America's Best Value Inn/G-Force Racing Gear Maxim), Brian Carlson (No. 18 Lincoln Electric Maxim), Craig Dollansky (No. 7 Karavan Trailers J&J), Randy Hannagan (No. 1x Terry Hannagan Racing Maxim), Jac Haudenschild (No. 35 Wright One Construction Maxim), Justin Henderson (No. D1 Dan Dan The Sonic Man/Race Girl Schnee powered by Hollywood Racing Engines), Dion Hindi (No. 11D Butler Built Performance Seats J&J), Chad Kemenah (No. 15K UUI Underground Utilities Eagle), Jason Martin (No. 36 NOS Energy Drink/Mafia Motorsports Maxim), Terry McCarl (No. 24 Big Game Treestands/Clean-O.com/Bosma Poultry/AmeriCash Advance.com Eagle), Daryn Pittman (No. 21 Titan Garages & Carports Maxim), Joey Saldana (No. 9 Central Merchant Services/Curb Records/Dodge Mopar-powered JEI), Donny Schatz (No. 15 ParkerStore J&J), Brooke Tatnell (No. 8 Castrol/Steel Dreams/Garlic Jim's Pizza Eagle).
* Following the back-to-back events at Batesville Speedway and I-55 Raceway, the World of Outlaws Mean 15 racers will invade historic Eldora Speedway for a two-day event April 7-8 before racing in Indiana April 15 at Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, April 21 in the City of Lawrenceburg Sprint Nationals at Lawrenceburg Speedway near Cincinnati, and close out the month with races April 29 at legendary Knoxville Raceway in Knoxville, Iowa, and April 30 at Huset's Speedway in Brandon, S.D.