Ten Fast Facts about V8 Utes at Symmons Plains 1) Symmons Plains circuit is 2.41km long and has 7 turns; including its tight hairpin bend known as Brambles Hairpin at the end of the front straight. 2) The V8 Utes have raced at Symmons plains...
Ten Fast Facts about V8 Utes at Symmons Plains
1) Symmons Plains circuit is 2.41km long and has 7 turns; including its tight hairpin bend known as Brambles Hairpin at the end of the front straight.
2) The V8 Utes have raced at Symmons plains three times throughout the nine years of the Series they include; 2004, 2005 and 2007.
3) Grant "Mad Dog" Denyer held the first lap record at Symmons Plains set in Race one in 2004 but was soon broken by Marcus Zukanovic in Race two and again in Race three at the same event.
4) Marcus Zukanovic continued to break his own lap record in 2005 and still holds it today in a time of 1:05.79.
5) Nandi "Mr Damage" Kiss, Kim "The Assassin" Jane and Robert "Captain" Jarvis have raced at Symmons Plains in the V8 Utes all three times.
6) Charlie "Handlebars" Kovacs raced at Symmons Plains in 2004 and 2007 but missed 2005 (his only round that he has missed) due to the short turn-around time to fix his car, which had extensive damage from the previous round.
7) Reigning champion Layton "Leadfoot" Crambrook won two of the three races at Symmons Plains in 2007, which secured him the round win.
8) There is currently one point separating first and second in the 2009 Series, Gary "Chuckie" Baxter on 249 points and Jack "The Hustler" Elsegood on 248. Only one place separated them at Symmons Plains in 2007 (Baxter taking out second overall and Elsegood third overall) so they will be two drivers to keep an eye on this weekend.
9) Nandi Kiss and Justin "Tornado" Van Twest had their best rounds to date at Symmons in 2007. Kiss placed 11th overall in the round and Van Twest 9th overall.
10) Nine of the 32 drivers competing at Symmons Plains have not raced there before they include: Ryal Harris, Glenn McNally, Craig Dontas, Paul Williams, Gary Carson, Kurt Wimmer, Jason Gomersall, Noel Edge and Cameron Wilson.
Website: www.v8utes.com.au Phone: (07) 566 89 000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Space 101, Level 1, Eastside, 232 Robina Town Centre Drive, Robina, Gold Coast, QLD, 4226 Australia Copyright © 2008 V8 Ute Racing P/L
This email was sent by V8 Utes Australia, Australian V8 Ute Racing P/L, Space 101, Level 1 Eastside, 232 Robina Town Centre Drive, Robina QLD 4226 to email@example.com