Fast Facts 2009 Yokohama V8 Ute Racing Series - protected by Armor All Grand Finale 1) Round 8 of the 2009 Yokohama V8 Ute Racing Series - protected by Armor All at Sydney Telstra 500 is the final round of the 2009 Season. 2) The track runs in...
Fast Facts 2009 Yokohama V8 Ute Racing Series - protected by Armor All Grand Finale
1) Round 8 of the 2009 Yokohama V8 Ute Racing Series - protected by Armor All at Sydney Telstra 500 is the final round of the 2009 Season.
2) The track runs in an anti-clockwise direction, is 3.4km long and is made up of 13 turns around the Sydney Olympic Stadium, Homebush.
3) There are 8 drivers in contention for the 2009 Series Title and they included Jack Elsegood, Grant Johnson, Kim Jane, George Miedecke, Glenn McNally, Layton Crambrook, Craig Dontas and Gary Baxter (Baxter is currently in 18th place but is pending an appeal, which overturned will see him back in second position). Layton Crambrook is also pending appeal from a Technical infringement with his rear springs, which saw him drop from 1st to 6th after forfeiting all points from Round 7, Bathurst.
4) Jack Elsegood is currently leading the Series by 43 points over 2007 Champion Grant Johnson. Elsegood was in the same situation in 2007 coming into the final round he was ahead by 25 points and had the title in the bag until half-way through the final race his Tyre delaminated, which saw him lose his title chance and Grant Johnson was able to secure it.
5) There are 149 points in total up for grabs on the final weekend of the Series. These include:
32 points - 1st down to 1 point for 32nd.
39 points - 1st
35 points - 2nd
31 points - 3rd
29 points - 4th down to 1 point for 32nd.
6) There are only 179 points separating the Top Ten drivers, which make this one of the closest battles the V8 Utes have ever seen.
7) There are 5 Fords and 5 Holdens in the Top Ten. Ford has won 3 of the rounds in 2009 and Holden has won 4.
8) The battle is on for outright honours for the 2009 Racer Industries rookie of the year, which is a test in a V8 Supercar. Gary Carson is currently trailing Paul Williams by 31 points.
9) Fourteen out of the 32 Series drivers are from Sydney and they include: Jack Elsegood, George Miedecke, Layton Crambrook, Andrew Fisher, Colin Dunn, Scott Jennings, Nandi Kiss, Ben Kavich, Gary MacDonald, Steve Hodges, Matt Holt, Denis Cribbin, Warren Millet and Ben Dunn.
10) Holden need to take out the Series in 2009 if they are to make a come-back on Ford who have won the Series five times ahead of Holden who have only won it 3 times.
Changes to the Entry List for Sydney Telstra 500
1. Car 16 Driver Martin Miller
Marty drove in the V8 Ute Series in 2004/2005 in a DBA Ute and will take to the Sydney Streets in his XOX Energy Drink sponsored Holden. 2. Car 85 Driver Denis Cribbin usually Ray Sidebottom: Denis drove for Ray earlier in the year at Hidden Valley and is on the V8 Ute Board.
3. Car 55 Driver Matt Holt (Not George Elliot) advised today 1
Matt Holt is a regular at the V8 Ute track but usually in the role of head mechanic/team manager for the Wake-up Holden team and drove for Warren Millet earlier in the year when he underwent Brain Surgery.
George Elliot missed Round 7 at Bathurst due to back surgery and has been advised not to drive again at Sydney as he has to undergo more surgery.
4. Car 33 (formerly Car #2) Driver Colin Dunn (was Stephen Robinson when it was Car 2).
Colin Dunn and Denis Cribbin have purchased the car and will co-drive it in 2010.