INTERESTING POINTS -- ROUND 7, QUEENSLAND RACEWAY * This was the venue for Stone Brothers Racing's first 1-2 championship round finish in 2003 * This was the venue for Russell Ingall's first championship round win for Ford and Caltex in...
INTERESTING POINTS -- ROUND 7, QUEENSLAND RACEWAY
* This was the venue for Stone Brothers Racing's first 1-2 championship round finish in 2003
* This was the venue for Russell Ingall's first championship round win for Ford and Caltex in 2003
* Marcos Ambrose is chasing his fifth consecutive pole at QR -- He has never started from any other position than first.
* Just 0.02 of a second separated Ambrose and Ingall at the top of the time sheets after the first day of practice at QR last year
* SBR had a very successful test at QR last Friday in trying and windy conditions
* SBR will be pleased to be back at their home track after a difficult trip to Darwin for round six. With Ambrose finishing ninth and Ingall 17th, it was the worst result for the team since Pukekohe in 2003, when they finished 11th and 16th respectively - 21 rounds ago.
THOUGHTS ON QUEENSLAND RACEWAY--..
MARCOS AMBROSE -- PIRTEK RACING
I could race this track with my eyes closed. This is obviously the testing track for Stone Brothers Racing and I have done more miles around here than any other track in the world. The track actually looks quite simple, but it is quite technical and is hard to extract a great time from. There is not a lot of grass on the surrounding mounds and if it is windy the track will be quite slippery.
MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT
Clipping Steve Ellery in the pit lane in 2004 is something that I remember, but probably something I would prefer to forget. I guess having pole there every year since joining the V8 Supercar series has been a bit of an achievement. It was great to finally get a win under my belt last year after the Ellery incident ruined my chances the year before.
RUSSELL INGALL -- CALTEX RACING
I have had some pretty good results at QR over the years and that always helps when talking about whether you like or dislike a circuit. It is not the most excitingly designed circuit in the world, but it takes plenty of concentration to extract that final fraction of a second to give you the edge over the opposition.
MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT
Certainly winning my first round for Ford and Caltex at Queensland Raceway in 2003 will always be a pretty special moment for me. It was also pretty cool that we were able to give Ross and Jimmy Stone their first 1-2 finish in a round.