News Briefs Endurance driver pairings confirmed! * Kmart Racing has settled its driver line-up for this year's V8 Supercar endurance races. Cameron McLean and European Touring Car Championship star Andy Priaulx have signed up with the team...
Endurance driver pairings confirmed!
* Kmart Racing has settled its driver line-up for this year's V8 Supercar endurance races. Cameron McLean and European Touring Car Championship star Andy Priaulx have signed up with the team to compete at the Betta Electrical 500 at Sandown in September and the Bob Jane T-Marts 1000 at Bathurst in October.
* McLean and Priaulx will drive the second Kmart Racing Commodore alongside regular drivers Greg Murphy and Rick Kelly.
* Priaulx, who is currently contesting the ETCC for BMW Team Great Britain, will return to the Kmart Racing outfit after a great V8 Supercar debut with the team at last years enduro's. He qualified in an impressive ninth position for the Queensland 500 in what was his first ever V8 Supercar drive.
* Orrcon Racing has also announced today their driving pairings for the two upcoming endurance events.
* On the eve of the debut of its new BA Falcon, the team has confirmed that Mark Larkham and Jason Bargwanna will join forces in the #10 Orrcon Racing BA Falcon with Western Australian duo Grant Johnson and Kerry Wade to partner each other in the #20 Orrcon AU Falcon.
* Whilst both the Orrcon Racing regular's will be testing the new car at Willowbank Raceway in Queensland this Tuesday, it will be Jason Bargwanna who will give the new car its first competition debut at the V8 Supercar Championship Series' next round at Oran Parkin just under two weeks time.
* Former WA Formula Ford Champion Wade will be making his V8 Supercar race debut at Sandown having impressed in a test with the team last month.
* Johnson on the other hand is no stranger to the V8 Supercar racing scene, having raced at Bathurst in 1998 and 1999 and more recently placing 10th overall in last years Konica V8 Supercar Series.
* ICS Team Ford's Mark Noske tested with Stone Brothers Racing at Queensland Raceway last Monday, confirming he will be a co-driver with the team for this year's endurance events. He got his first drive of the Caltex BA just minutes after he drove Konica V8 Supercar Series leader Mark Winterbottom's AU for the first time also.
* Briggs Motorsport also made the announcement today that they have secured Rickard Rydell to partner Paul Radisich in the Team Betta Electrical BA Falcon car #65 for this year's two endurance events.
* Rickard is no stranger to the Australian circuits, having previously raced a Volvo in the two-litre Tourers Series at Bathurst in 1997. He is also currently campaigning a Volvo S40 in the European Touring Car Championship and has a string of achievements in the British Touring Car Championship from 1994 through to 2000.
* Dean Canto and current Konica V8 Supercar driver Matthew White will drive Team Betta Electrical's car #66.