GOLD COAST COMMUNITY EMBRACED BY SCHOOLS STAR SEARCH PROGRAM Gold Coast Schools are being provided the chance to show off their talents and national pride to the world in the lead-up to this year's Armor All Gold Coast 600 -- while at the same...
GOLD COAST COMMUNITY EMBRACED BY SCHOOLS STAR SEARCH PROGRAM
Gold Coast Schools are being provided the chance to show off their talents and national pride to the world in the lead-up to this year's Armor All Gold Coast 600 -- while at the same time taking home bragging rights and some valuable prize money!
The Schools Star Search program has been launched to discover the Armor All Gold Coast 600's school choir -- the performers of this year's pre-race National Anthem in front of a world-wide TV audience on Sunday, October 24.
All Gold Coast Schools are invited to form a choir and audition (initially by digital recording) for selection in the Top Ten "Sing Off". The audition will include an original version of the Australian National Anthem as well as an additional song of the choir's choice.
The Top Ten finalists will compete in an exciting high profile 'sing-off' event staged at the New Broadwater Parklands precinct on Sunday, September 12.
The judging panel will be headed by Queensland Branch President of the Australian National Choral Association and one of the country's most respected choir educators, Paul Holley.
Holley will be joined on the panel by several high-profile Gold Coast identities, including one of Australia's leading entertainers, set to be announced in the near future.
The Armor All Gold Coast 600 promises to be a motorsport and music extravaganza, with 16 great music acts from around the globe playing over three nights in the 600 Sounds Festival and a world-class V8 Supercar program incorporating international stars from Formula 1, Indycar, American Le Mans Series and British and World Touring Car Championships.
Armor All Gold Coast 600 General Manager, Shane Howard, said that the Schools Star Search program added another fantastic community element to the event.
"We have continually talked about the Armor All Gold Coast 600 being a total "re-birth" and this is just one of the new initiatives we have developed to embrace the community," said Howard.
"The Schools Star Search is part of a whole range of school-based activities we are rolling out for the event. It will give our local talent the chance to shine in the international spotlight as part of this great Gold Coast event.
"We see the youth market as a major part of our growth going forward and I think that is reflected in activities like Schools Star Search and the band and the entertainment line-up we have, especially on Friday night."
Schools Star Search is the creation of International Event Consulting (IEC) boss Thea Jeanes-Cochrane, who will be the Executive Producer of the schools extravaganza.
Member for Broadwater and Parliamentary Secretary for Education Peta-Kaye Croft is excited about the School Star Search program.
"The Armor Gold Coast 600 is a fantastic Queensland event which has great support from the Government," said Croft.
"One of the initiatives of the "re-birth" of the event this year is really embracing the community -- especially schools. The Schools Star Search program is a terrific concept which gives us the chance to show off the talents of hundreds of students from across the Gold Coast region -- and on a world stage!
"I am really looking forward to following the progress of the entrants and encourage all eligible schools to become involved."
Holley was equally excited about the new program, which not only provides a great outlet for school talent, but also $3000, $1500 and $1000 in cash and prizes for the top three schools' respective music departments.
"I am excited about any opportunity for schools to come together and embrace an opportunity to put their talent on show," said Holley.
"The idea of embracing the anthem instills national pride in our kids. I cannot express enough how the encouragement of our kids to sing improves their self-confidence. To be able to do it as part of such a high-profile international event is just fantastic and I am sure it will become an exciting project for so many Gold Coast schools."
Tickets for the three-day Armor All Gold Coast 600 start at just *$43 for a Friday general admission. The premium three-day Platinum grandstand seat is just *$310 -- a massive saving of $230 on last year's four-day ticket. Children 12 and under are free. * Plus booking fee. You can purchase your ticket through Ticketek on 13 28 49 or through Ticketek.com.au
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO!
1. Choose your choir members (30 -- 70 voices) and record your unique version of our National anthem PLUS an additional song selection.
2. Download the Official Entry Form and the Terms and Conditions Form.
3. Complete BOTH forms and send WITH your recording to V8Supercars Australia. 34 Nerang Street, Nerang, 4211. QLD. BY Friday August 20, 2010.
4. Have fun! Judges want to see great energy and personality, reflective of the Gold Coast!
To download your entry form please visit www.goldcoast600.com.au/starsearch
SCHOOLS STAR SEARCH - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Schools may only enter one choir.
- Choir must have a minimum of 30 and maximum of 70 members.
- Members of the choir must be currently in years 7 to 12 and attending the School.
- Entrants must submit a digital video recording of their performance of the Australian National anthem PLUS one additional song of their choice, which may reflect the 'spirit' of the choir. Judges will be looking for the most creative presentation of our National Anthem, whilst still maintaining the integrity of the Anthem. There are no limitations regarding musical accompaniment, however this must be recorded on backing track.
- If selected, finalists must be available to perform in the live "sing off event" scheduled for Sunday September 12.
- Entrants must be prepared to perform live at the Armor All Gold Coast 600, which will be televised by the 7 Network.
- Competing choirs are responsible for their own performance uniforms/ costumes, which will be subject to Event Management approval.
- Further general conditions and occupational Health and Safety information are detailed on the event website www.goldocast600.com.au/starsearch
-source: gold coast