Ten Fast Facts About V8 Utes At Townsville Street Race 1) The Townsville street circuit is 2.84km long, has 13 turns and runs in a clockwise direction. 2) The Yokohama V8 Ute Racing Series & ...
Ten Fast Facts About V8 Utes At Townsville Street Race
1) The Townsville street circuit is 2.84km long, has 13 turns and runs in a clockwise direction.
2) The Yokohama V8 Ute Racing Series protected by Armor All has been at the Townsville street race since the events inception in 2009.
3) Coopers Clear Racings, Jack Elsegood holds the lap record in a time of 1:28.55, which he set in Race 3 2009.
4) Elsegood had a fierce battle with George Miedecke (recently moved on to NASCAR development Series in the US), for the Armor All Pole Award. Elsegood claimed the title in the last 30 seconds of the Qualifying session to pip Miedecke by only one 100ths/second in a time of 1:27.94.
5) Race 3 at Townsville will mark the halfway point for the 2010 Yokohama V8 Ute Racing Series protected by Armor All.
6) Grove Fruit Juice Racings, Greg Freddy Willis will celebrate his 100th Race start, Race 1, Saturday, 10th June. Freddy is one of nine drivers to accomplish this.
7) Townsville local, Graham The Mole Edwards will make his debut in the V8 Ute Series at the Sucrogen Townsville 400.
8) 24 out of the 32 V8 Ute drivers have competed at the Townsville street circuit before. Those who havent include: David Sieders, Jeremy Gray, Graham Edwards, Gary MacDonald, Steve McFadden, Rhys McNally, Charlie OBrien and Chris Pither.
9) This will be the second year running that the V8 Utes will do a street parade from the Track to Riverway (the Official Launch of the Sucrogen Townsville 400).
10) Race 1 will be televised LIVE on Network Seven at 1:30pm, Saturday, 10th June.
1) Layton Crambrook
2) Jack Elsegood
3) Grant Johnson
-source: aus utes