HOFFMAN RACING BEGINS SEASON NUMBER 81 OF COMPETITION IN FLORIDA FEB 8-10 Loveland, OH (January 11,2010) -- Hoffman Racing will begin year 81 of competition in Florida when the USAC sprint car season begins Feb 8 at East Bay Raceway in ...
HOFFMAN RACING BEGINS SEASON NUMBER 81 OF COMPETITION IN FLORIDA FEB 8-10
Loveland, OH (January 11,2010) -- Hoffman Racing will begin year 81 of competition in Florida when the USAC sprint car season begins Feb 8 at East Bay Raceway in Gibsonton Florida.
Jerry Coons Jr. will return to pilot the famous #69 Hoffman car. After a disappointing 2009 season , the Team is more focused than ever on winning USAC National races and a record setting 10th USAC National Sprint Car Championship.
Off season work of buying new parts, rebuilding cars, refreshing motors, checking all components in the cars and the fresh paint jobs is wrapping up. Richard, Rob, Dan , Al, Tim and Tommy have worked hard to do the prep work that is necessary to be a champion. As always Dan Launderville has organized the complex task of inventory, refresh, rebuild and purchase as only he can do.
Highlights of the Team's history include:
- 1929-1960 Gus campaigned Sprint Cars and Midgets, his drivers included Eddie Sachs, and Don Branson
- 1964 Gus's son Richard became co-owner of the Team
- 1973-1984 HAR fielded Indy Cars, including 7 Indy 500 starts
- 1989 HAR won the first of 9 USAC National Sprint Car Championships with Rob Hoffman as the crewchief('92,'93,'96,'97,'99,'02,'04, 17;08)
- HAR is the winingest Team in USAC Sprint Car history with 9 championships and 72
National wins. HAR also has 7 Silver Crown wins for a total of 79 USAC National wins.
- 2003 recognized for excellence by the Ohio State Senate and House of Representatives
- HAR has finished in the top 3 in USAC National Sprint Car owners points 17 times since 1989
Drivers from the past 80 years reads like a who's who of racing:
Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Tracy Hines, JJ Yeley, Kasey Kahne, Kenny Irwin Jr, Rich Vogler, Dave Darland, Johnny Parsons Jr., Tim Richmond, Jay Drake, Brian Tyler, Robbie Stanley, Eric Gordon, Steve Butler, Jerry Coons Jr. Ryan Newman, Dave Steele, George Snider, Tom Bigelow, Shorty Templemen, Don Branson, Eddie Sachs, Bill Puterbaugh, Elmer George, Pancho Carter, Roger Ward, Andy Michener. In all approximately 123 drivers have competed in the Hoffman cars. Of those there are four father/son combinations , Dick and Dickie Gaines, Jim and Tracy Hines Kerry and Dave Norris, Clark and Shorty Templemen. Two brother combinations, Larry and Steve Cannon, Pancho Carter and Johnny Parsons Jr. HAR also had a stepgrandfather and stepgrandson combination of Elmer George and Ed Carpenter.