HOFFMAN AUTO RACING ANNOUNCES SPONSORSHIP RENEWAL KROGER AND PROCTER & GAMBLE SPONSORSHIP EXTENDED THROUGH JUNE 2007 Loveland, OH (July 13, 2006) -- Hoffman Auto Racing announced today that Kroger and Procter & Gamble have renewed their ...
HOFFMAN AUTO RACING ANNOUNCES SPONSORSHIP RENEWAL
KROGER AND PROCTER & GAMBLE SPONSORSHIP EXTENDED THROUGH JUNE 2007
Loveland, OH (July 13, 2006) -- Hoffman Auto Racing announced today that Kroger and Procter & Gamble have renewed their sponsorship of Hoffman Auto Racing(HAR) through June of 2007.
"We're thrilled that Kroger and Procter & Gamble have renewed their sponsorship with Hoffman Auto Racing, this will be the 8th year of our partnership," said Richard Hoffman, President of HAR. "This sponsorship enables HAR to carry on our winning tradition in USAC, and to continue our program of returning value back to Kroger and P & G through motorsports. We have been able to build sales of Procter & Gamble brands like Tide, Bounty and Pringles at Kroger through our racing marketing program."
Primary sponsorship will continue from Kroger and Tide, with associate sponsorship from Bounty, Pringles and MOPAR.
Hoffman Auto Racing (HAR) competes in the Sprint Car and Silver Crown Divisions of the United States Auto Club (USAC). HAR was founded in 1929 by August (Gus) Hoffman. Three generations of Hoffman's are involved with the Team, including Gus's great grandchildren A.J. and Lauren, who have begun their quartermidget careers. HAR is the all time leader in USAC National Sprint Car Team victories with 67, and National Championships with 8. Hoffman Auto Racing is currently in contention for the 2006 Championship. HAR also has 7 Silver Crown victories, for a total of 74 National wins. HAR celebrates 77 years of competition this year.
Highlights of the Team's history include:
- 1929-1960 Gus campaigned Sprint Cars and Midgets, his drivers included Eddie Sachs, and Don Branson
- 1964 Gus's son Richard became co-owner of the Team
- 1973-1984 HAR fielded Indy Cars, including 7 Indy 500 starts
- 1989 HAR won the first of 8 USAC National Sprint Car Championships with Rob Hoffman as the crew chief('92,'93,'96,'97,'99,'02,'04)
- HAR is the winingest Team in USAC Sprint Car history
- 2003 recognized for excellence by the Ohio State Senate and House of Representatives