HOFFMAN AUTO RACING WINS AN UNPRECEDENTED 9TH USAC NATIONAL SPRINT CAR CHAMPIONSHIP 3 NATIONAL WINS IN 2008 BRING THE RECORD TOTAL TO 72 USAC SPRINT CAR VICTORIES Loveland, OH (Nov 10,2008) -- Hoffman Auto Racing concluded a very...
HOFFMAN AUTO RACING WINS AN UNPRECEDENTED 9TH USAC NATIONAL SPRINT CAR CHAMPIONSHIP
3 NATIONAL WINS IN 2008 BRING THE RECORD TOTAL TO 72 USAC SPRINT CAR VICTORIES
Loveland, OH (Nov 10,2008) -- Hoffman Auto Racing concluded a very successful season on the West coast and wrapped up a record 9th USAC National Sprint Car Championship. After a tough start to the year, the HAR Team never gave up , won a big race in Richmond Virginia and 2 wins during Indiana Sprint week. HAR took the points lead after the race at Winchester Indiana on 9/28 and never looked back. A true Championship performance was turned in by HAR at Perris California and Manzanita located in Phoenix Arizona.
Congratulations to Jerry Coons Jr., our driver, who won the Silver Crown championship in addition to the Sprint Car Championship in 2008 to become only the 5th driver in history to become a USAC triple crown winner.
Hoffman Auto Racing (HAR) competes in the Sprint Car and Silver Crown Divisions of the United States Auto Club (USAC). HAR was founded in 1929 by August (Gus) Hoffman. Three generations of Hoffman's are involved with the Team. HAR is the all time leader in USAC National Sprint Car Team victories with 72, and National Championships with 9. HAR also has 7 Silver Crown victories, for a total of 79 National wins. HAR celebrates 80 years of competition in 2009.
Highlights of the Team's history include:
- 1929-1960 Gus campaigned Sprint Cars and Midgets, his drivers included Eddie Sachs, and Don Branson
- 1964 Gus's son Richard became co-owner of the Team
- 1973-1984 HAR fielded Indy Cars, including 7 Indy 500 starts
- 1989 HAR won the first of 8 USAC National Sprint Car Championships with Rob Hoffman as the crew chief('92,'93,'96,'97,'99,'02,'04)
- HAR is the winingest Team in USAC Sprint Car history
- 2003 recognized for excellence by the Ohio State Senate and House of Representatives
- HAR has finished in the top 3 in USAC National Sprint Car owners points 15 times since 1989
Drivers of note:
Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Tracy Hines, JJ Yeley, Kasey Kahne, Kenny Irwin Jr, Rich Vogler, Dave Darland, Johnny Parsons Jr., Tim Richmond, Jay Drake, Brian Tyler, Robbie Stanley, Eric Gordon, Steve Butler , Jerry Coons Jr. Ryan Newman and Dave Steele.
Primary sponsorship continues from Kroger and Tide, with associate sponsorship from MOPAR, Bounty and Pringles.