BFGoodrich* Tires At A Glance - Round 4: Trans-Am Series for the BFGoodrich* Tires Cup Butch Leitzinger wins Trans-Am Series Buckeye 100 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course * Rookie Claims Victory at Mid-Ohio - Butch Leitzinger, in his Tommy Bahama ...
BFGoodrich* Tires At A Glance - Round 4: Trans-Am Series for the BFGoodrich* Tires Cup Butch Leitzinger wins Trans-Am Series Buckeye 100 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
* Rookie Claims Victory at Mid-Ohio - Butch Leitzinger, in his Tommy Bahama Chevrolet Corvette, started from the pole and held off a number of challengers to win today's Trans-Am Series Buckeye 100 at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, the fourth race of the Trans-Am Series for the BFGoodrich* Tires Cup. Leitzinger captured his first career Trans-Am Series win in only his fifth career start. Leitzinger led the first twelve laps until he pitted for fuel relinquishing the lead to Paul Gentilozzi. Leitzinger regained the lead after Gentilozzi made his fuel stop. A yellow caution with five laps remaining closed the gap in the field and a spirited battle between Leitzinger, Gentilozzi, and Boris Said transpired over the final laps. Leitzinger was able to hold on for the victory in front of Gentilozzi and Said. Rounding out the top five were Johnny Miller and Stuart Hayner.
* Boris Said Continues Leading the Battle for the BFGoodrich* Tires Cup -Boris Said increased his lead in the chase for the BFGoodrich* Tires Cup, the season-ending award presented to the Trans-Am Series Driver's Champion, after securing his fourth podium finish of the year. Said leads the BFGoodrich* Tires Cup point standings with 120 points. Paul Gentilozzi currently stands in second with 101 points and Johnny Miller is in third with 97 points. Other challengers include today's race winner Butch Leitzinger with 87 points and Tony Ave with 76 points.
* BFGoodrich* Tires "Take Control" Award - In addition to winning the race, Butch Leitzinger won the BFGoodrich* Tires "Take Control" Award for leading the most laps in today's race...Leitzinger led 42 of the 45 laps. For his efforts, he received a free set of BFGoodrich* g-ForceTM T/A* radials.
* Fuel Pit Stops Only - In today's Trans-Am Series race, every driver made a pit stop for fuel but did not change any tires. Even with ambient temperatures in the low 90*'s and track temperatures soaring above 130*, Trans-Am teams decided to run the complete race on one set of BFGoodrich* g-ForceTM T/A* radials.
* Gentilozzi Continues Streak at Mid-Ohio - With today's second place finish, Paul Gentilozzi has four consecutive podium finishes at Mid-Ohio. Gentilozzi won the 1998, 1999 and 2001 Trans-Am races held at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
* Trans-Am Televised - CBS Sports will televise the Trans-Am Series Buckeye 100 from the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course on a same day tape-delayed broadcast today, June 29, at 4:00 p.m. EDT.
* Trans-Am Series for the BFGoodrich* Tires Cup, Round Five - The Trans-Am Series for the BFGoodrich* Tires Cup takes a one-week break before competing at Burke Lakefront Airport in Cleveland, Ohio on July 13. A support race for the CART FedEx Championship Series, the Trans-Am race will be the second of three televised races by CBS Sports.