BFGoodrich* Tires At A Glance - Trans-Am Series Paul Gentilozzi wins the Motor City 100 Presented by Johnson Controls at Detroit Grand Prix * Gentilozzi Perfect in Detroit - Paul Gentilozzi, in his Jaguar XKR, started from the pole and led the...
BFGoodrich* Tires At A Glance - Trans-Am Series
Paul Gentilozzi wins the Motor City 100 Presented by Johnson Controls at Detroit Grand Prix
* Gentilozzi Perfect in Detroit - Paul Gentilozzi, in his Jaguar XKR, started from the pole and led the entire race to win the Motor City 100 Presented by Johnson Controls today on Belle Isle at the Detroit Grand Prix. Gentilozzi won his second consecutive Trans-Am race this season and secured his second consecutive victory at Detroit. Gentilozzi held off Brian Simo the entire race crossing the finish line .921 seconds ahead of Simo. Johnny Miller finished in third.
* BFGoodrich* Tires Fast Late in Race - 16 of the 25 competitors who completed more than six laps, all using BFGoodrich* g-ForceTM T/A* radial tires, recorded their fastest race lap in the final half of the race. In fact, Johnny Miller, Tomy Drissi and Kevin Allen all set their fastest race lap on lap 42, the last lap of the race. Gentilozzi set the overall fastest race lap on lap 28. "These BFGoodrich g-Force T/A radials performed great," said leading Rookie of the Year candidate Justin Bell. "The gave me so much information the entire race and enabled me to charge from the 20th starting position to finish seventh."
* Miller Holds Lead in Battle for BFGoodrich* Tires Cup - With his third place finish today, Johnny Miller is still in the lead for the chase for the BFGoodrich* Tires Cup, the season-ending award presented to the Trans-Am Series Driver's Champion. Miller leads the BFGoodrich Tires Cup point standings with 103 points. Gentilozzi's victory today placed him a close second with 101 points. Rounding out the top five are Lou Gigliotti with 95 points, Brian Simo with 91 points and Tommy Archer with 82 points.
* BFGoodrich* Tires "Take Control" Award - In addition to winning the race, Paul Gentilozzi won the BFGoodrich* Tires "Take Control" Award for leading the most laps in today's race...Gentilozzi led all 42 laps of the race. For his efforts, he received a free set of BFGoodrich g-Force T/A radials.
* Fast Qualifying - During Friday's qualifying session for the Motor City 100, Pole-Sitter Paul Gentilozzi led a group of nine Trans-Am drivers who qualified with a time under 1:35.00. Last year at Detroit, only two drivers were able to break the 1:35.00 barrier including Gentilozzi.
* Trans-Am Drivers to Compete in Winston Cup - Defending BFGoodrich Tires Cup Champion Brian Simo and 2001 Sebring victor Boris Said will compete in NASCAR Winston Cup road course races at Sears Point Raceway on June 24 and at Watkins Glen International on August 12. Simo will drive the No. 90 Hills Bros Coffee Ford for Donlavey Racing and Said will drive the No. 77 Jasper Motorsports Ford.
* Trans-Am Series for the BFGoodrich* Tires Cup, Round Five - The Trans-Am Series takes a one-week break before competing at Burke Lakefront Airport in Cleveland, Ohio on June 30. A support race for the CART FedEx Championship Series, the Trans-Am race will be the second of three televised races by CBS Sports. CBS will also televise the Trans-Am race at Sears Point, Calif.