* Boris Said Dominates Sebring - Starting from the pole, Boris Said led 26 of the 27-lap, 100-mile season-opening Trans-Am race today at Sebring International Raceway to score his third career Trans-Am victory. Said crossed the finish line...
* Boris Said Dominates Sebring - Starting from the pole, Boris Said led 26 of the 27-lap, 100-mile season-opening Trans-Am race today at Sebring International Raceway to score his third career Trans-Am victory. Said crossed the finish line .367 seconds in front of Paul Gentilozzi and Kenny Wilden.
* BFGoodrich Tires Fast Late in Race - 29 of the 39 starters, all using BFGoodrich* g-ForceTM T/A* radial tires, recorded their fastest race lap in the final half of the race. Gentilozzi set the overall fast lap time on lap 19. "The average racing tire is quick early in a race, but fades over time causing lap times to drop," said Gary Blaylock..... "But that's not the case with BFGoodrich* tires. We purposely design the tires to be fast, durable and consistent throughout the entire race so that the drivers can race on the edge the entire 100 miles."
* Said Takes Lead In Battle for BFGoodrich* Tires Cup- With his victory today, Boris Said took the early lead in the chase for the BFGoodrich* Tires Cup, the season-ending award presented to the Trans-Am Series Driver's Champion. Said leads the BFGoodrich Tires Cup point standings with 34 points over Gentilozzi with 29 points, Wilden with 26 points, Johnny Miller with 24 points and Tommy Archer with 21 points.
* BFGoodrich* Tires "Take Control" Award - In addition to winning the race, Boris Said won the BFGoodrich* Tires "Take Control" Award for leading the most laps in today's race...Said led all but one of the 27 laps. For his efforts, he received a free set of BFGoodrich g-Force T/A radials.
* New Track Record - Boris Said established a new one-lap track record for the Trans-Am Series at Sebring during qualifying yesterday. His speed of 107.519 miles per hour (2:03.885 minutes) broke the mark established last year by Johnny Miller (107.42 mph, 2:03.999 minutes). * Boris Turns Attention to 12-Hour Endurance - Said is the lone Trans-Am driver to be competing in tomorrow's Superflo 12 Hours at Sebring presented by Dodge. He will race a BMW M3 in the GT category with co-drivers Hans Stuck and Peter Cunningham.
* Trans-Am Series for the BFGoodrich Tires Cup, Round Two - The Trans-Am Series takes a two-week break before racing on the west coast at the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, April 6-8. A support race for the CART FedEx Championship Series, the Trans-Am Series will be the final race Sunday afternoon.