BFGoodrich* Tires At A Glance - Trans-Am Series July 21, Wine Country 100 Grand Prix of Sonoma, Sears Point Raceway, Sonoma, Calif. * Trans-Am Returns to Wine Country - The Trans-Am Series for the BFGoodrich* Tires Cup will make its first...
BFGoodrich* Tires At A Glance - Trans-Am Series
July 21, Wine Country 100
Grand Prix of Sonoma, Sears Point Raceway, Sonoma, Calif.
* Trans-Am Returns to Wine Country - The Trans-Am Series for the BFGoodrich* Tires Cup will make its first appearance since 1995 at the Sears Point Raceway. A support race for the American Le Mans Series' Grand Prix of Sonoma, the Trans-Am Series will be the featured event on Saturday. Look for a wide variety of domestic and international makes in the field, including a Jaguar XKR, Qvale Mangusta, Dodge Viper, Ford Mustang, Panoz Esperante and Chevrolet's Corvette and Camaro.
* Sears Point Challenges Drivers, Equipment - The 2.5-mile, 12-turn Sears Point course is one of the most challenging and demanding on the Trans-Am tour. Known for its many blind turns and elevation changes, the narrow and unforgiving track requires a driver's full concentration, and takes its toll on brakes. Also, running in the peak of summer will be demanding on the drivers and all of their equipment including the tires.
* Durable Tires Significant in Trans-Am - The BFGoodrich* g-ForceTM T/A* radial used by every car in the Trans-Am Series is known for its durability and consistent performance. It is not uncommon to see a set of tires that have run a 100-mile Trans-Am race being used during practice sessions at the following event.
* Trans-Am Goes "Live" - The Wine Country 100 will be televised live by CBS Sports on Saturday, July 21 at 2:30 PM (EDT), the first live broadcast in the 36-year history of Trans-Am.
* Teammates Battle for BFGoodrich* Tires Cup - Teammates and friends but also fierce competitors on the racetrack, Paul Gentilozzi and Johnny Miller head the charge for the BFGoodrich Tires Cup, the season-ending championship trophy. Gentilozzi currently leads the points after three consecutive wins, but Miller is only five points behind on the strength of five consecutive top-four finishes. Other contenders for year-end honors include Lou Gigliotti, defending BFGoodrich Tires Cup Champion Brian Simo and Tommy Archer.
* BFGoodrich* Rain Tire Gets Workout - For the first time this season, the new BFGoodrich rain tire was used in Trans-Am competition at the Cleveland Grand Prix. Trans-Am drivers were impressed with the grip and traction of the new rain tire. The new technology and innovation that went into the design of the tire was state of the art and will make wet races more exciting and thrilling for the fans.
* California Drivers Prominent in Sears Point Field - California drivers in the Trans-Am field include defending BFGoodrich Tires Cup Champion Brian Simo and veteran road racer Boris Said, both from Carlsbad. They're hoping that the experience gained from competing in the Sears Point NASCAR event will give them an advantage. Other California-based drivers include: Tomy Drissi, Hollywood; Mike Davis, Huntington Beach; Michael Lewis, Escondido; and Stu Hayner, Yorba Linda.