* Michael Lewis Secures Rain Soaked Victory at Road America - Michael Lewis, in a Jaguar XKR, secured his first career Trans-Am victory today at the Johnson Controls 100 at Road America, the eighth race of the Trans-Am Series for the ...
* Michael Lewis Secures Rain Soaked Victory at Road America - Michael Lewis, in a Jaguar XKR, secured his first career Trans-Am victory today at the Johnson Controls 100 at Road America, the eighth race of the Trans-Am Series for the BFGoodrich* Tires Cup. Lewis took advantage of a first lap spin from pole-sitter Paul Gentilozzi to grab the lead as the rain began to soak the track. Lewis led the entire race until lightening and heavy rain forced race officials to throw a Red Flag. The race was eventually called due to the extreme weather after only 17 laps. Johnny Miller finished second and Paul Gentilozzi finished third to make it a podium sweep for Jaguar.
* Wet Tires Get Another Workout - For the second time this season, the new BFGoodrich Rain Tire was used during a Trans-Am race. Before the race began, about half the cars in the field made the decision to switch to rain tires. Those cars produced lap times that were 15 seconds faster than the cars that were still using racing slicks. "The new rain tire produces more heat and grip even in the conditions the drivers faced today and it allowed them to race as hard as they could until the red flag stoppage," said BFGoodrich Tires lead engineer Gary Blalock.
* Gentilozzi Controls Lead in Battle for BFGoodrich* Tires Cup - With his third place finish today, Paul Gentilozzi continues to lead the chase for the BFGoodrich* Tires Cup, the season-ending award presented to the Trans-Am Series Driver's Champion. Gentilozzi leads the BFGoodrich Tires Cup point standings with 218 points. Johnny Miller currently stands in second with 199 points and Brian Simo is in third with 185 points. Other challengers include Tommy Archer with 157 points and Michael Lewis with 147 points.
* BFGoodrich* Tires "Take Control" Award - In addition to winning the race, Michael Lewis won the BFGoodrich* Tires "Take Control" Award for leading the most laps in today's race...Lewis led all 17 laps. For his efforts, he received a free set of BFGoodrich g-Force T/A radials.
* Fast Qualifying - During Friday's qualifying session for the Johnson Controls 100, pole-sitter Paul Gentilozzi led a group of eight Trans-Am drivers who qualified faster than last year's pole position time. Gentilozzi's time of 2:08.581 (113.336 mph) was over two seconds faster than Johnny Miller's pole time last year of 2:10.763 (111.444 mph).
* Various Marques Secure Pole - The Trans-Am Series for the BFGoodrich Tires Cup has witnessed four different marques on the pole this season. Paul Gentilozzi, Jaguar XKR; Boris Said, Ford Mustang; Brian Simo, Qvale Mangusta and Tommy Archer, Dodge Viper have all sat their cars on the pole and in fact have all won from this position.
* Trans-Am Series for the BFGoodrich* Tires Cup, Round Nine - The Trans-Am Series for the BFGoodrich Tires Cup will compete next weekend, August 25, at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington, Ohio. The Trans-Am Series will be a support series for the American Le Mans Series.