Hooters ProCup Series News & Notes from Salem Speedway * The second place finish by Charlie Ford in his ...
Hooters ProCup Series News & Notes from Salem Speedway
* The second place finish by Charlie Ford in his #14 sponsor needed Chevrolet was his best finish since his first runner-up finish in 1997.
"After last week at Winchester this was a great finish for the team," added Ford."We had a good car but couldn't hold off Brian there at the end."
* Danny Sammons and his sponsorship hunting team collected several firsts at Salem Speedway Sunday afternoon. Sammons, in his second year driving in the Series with his family-owned team, finished sixth for his first-ever top-10 finish in a Hooters ProCup car. Sammons also enjoyed leading laps during the Naturally Fresh Foods 250 for the first time in his young career in the Series.
"We didn't put tires on the car during one of the late cautions and it came back to get us but this team will take 6th-place after our runs the past couple of races," said Sammons."This is a great boost for everyone on the team."
* Glenn Gault enjoyed his second consecutive top-five finish at Salem and feels this is just the beginning for his American Title and Trust Agency team.
"I feel wonderful for everyone on the team and all of the crew guys," Gault said."We found something in practice yesterday that really helped the car get balanced and it showed today. We are having a ball running in this series."
* After beginning the season with three consecutive top-five finshes Jay Fogleman suffered another early ending to his day when his Lucas Oil Products entry lost a motor early in the race.
* Kyle Shoemaker brought his S & L Equipment Rental Ford home in 7th-place for his third top-10 finish this season in a Don Sprouse prepared car. The finish was a career-best in the Hooters ProCup Series for Shoemaker whose has recorded finishes on 8th and 9th earlier this season.
* Motor problems forced Forrest Urban from the race on lap 233 which ended the young Virginia driver's string of consecutive top-10 finishes at three to open the season. Urban however moved into second place in the point standings.