Logan Dernoshek Mansfield Notes and Quotes * The Logan Dernoshek Racing team has acquired the assistance of former Port City house driver Scott Baker, also a former Hooters ProCup competitor and current ASA Late Model Series driver, in the...
Logan Dernoshek Mansfield Notes and Quotes
* The Logan Dernoshek Racing team has acquired the assistance of former Port City house driver Scott Baker, also a former Hooters ProCup competitor and current ASA Late Model Series driver, in the role of consultant in order to help the team diagnose where its problems lie and how to make them better. Baker will be at the speedway this weekend assisting the No. 10 team.
* Dernoshek traveled to Mansfield for both Hooters ProCup Series events last season. The team was running in the top fifteen last summer when a pit road penalty denied the team what could have possibly been their first top ten finish of 2004. During the Championship Series event, the team's motor expired during practice and prevented them from participating in the event, effectively ending their 2004 season.
* The No. 10 team is coming off of misfortune at Jennerstown Speedway, their home track, where Dernoshek fell victim to the wet track conditions near the midpoint of the race and slapped the outside wall, bending suspension components beyond repair, relegating him to a 32nd place finish.
* Dernoshek on Mansfield: "We had a pretty good run going last year but ended up getting a pit road penalty when we came in for our stop. We were close to the top ten when that happened. It's a beautiful track and I really love the track. Hopefully we'll get a crowd there like we had last time."
* Dernoshek thoughts on this weekend: "With all of the southern cars and top notch northern teams, the first priority is to make the show. We want to stay out of trouble and see the checkered flag because we haven't seen one yet this year. I'm pretty confident about this weekend. We did a lot of work and hopefully it all pays off. We were working late into the night a lot to try some new things and I can't wait to see what it does to the car."
* Spectator gates for the events at Mansfield Motorsports Speedway will open at 2:30 p.m. with USAR Hooters ProCup qualifying taking off at 4:30. The ProCup cars will remain impounded, unable to be mechanically altered, from the end of their qualifying run to the beginning of the race at 7 p.m., much like the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series has begun doing in 2005.
* Tickets are still available for the Hooters ProCup 250 at Mansfield Motorsports Speedway in Mansfield, Oh., by visiting the track website at www.mansfield-speedway.com or calling the speedway office at 800-424-0688. The event will be broadcast on Speed Channel at 10 p.m. ET on June 4 and at noon on June 10 in conjunction with the "Lunch at Hooters" promotion.