Team News: * Saturday's event marks the debut of the Barry Dodson-led Wallace Racing, Inc. effort. The team will campaign Dodge Chargers/Intrepids, utilizing Maurice Petty built engines, for the 2005 season. * Adorning the ...
* Saturday's event marks the debut of the Barry Dodson-led Wallace Racing, Inc. effort. The team will campaign Dodge Chargers/Intrepids, utilizing Maurice Petty built engines, for the 2005 season.
* Adorning the #66 Dodge for the Lakeland event will be Blueflame Authentics, LLC, the Official Authentic Race-Used Memorabilia Provider of Rusty Wallace and the 2005 Rusty's Last Call Tour. More on Blueflame Authentics can be found at www.blueflameauthentics.com.
* The team recently had a successful two day test at USA International in preparation for Saturday's event. The test was attended by Wallace's father, NASCAR legend, Rusty Wallace, along with championship winning crew chief, Barry Dodson and the full cast of Wallace Racing, Inc. characters.
* Saturday's race will mark Steve Wallace's second career Hooters Pro Cup Series event. His first outing occurred in 2004 at Bristol Motor Speedway, in which he started in the top-ten and remained there for much of the event, only to fall victim to a horrendous crash in the waning laps.
* While Steve Wallace is a contender for the 2005 USAR Miller Lite Rookie of the Year title, he is no rookie to racing in general. Wallace is the defending champion of both short track racing's premier event, the Snowball Derby and Bristol Motor Speedway's Food City 150, a crown jewel of late model racing. The 2004 UARA season saw him capture three wins, three poles and three track records in route to the 2004 UARA Rookie of the Year title.
Driver, Steve Wallace:
"I'll tell you what, I'm really excited about running the full Hooters Pro Cup schedule this year. These guys are really tough racers and it's going to be one heck of a challenge to beat them this year. I really think we can give them a run for the money though. Barry Dodson and the guys have put together an awesome hot rod for Lakeland and we know that Maurice Petty is going to give us some awesome Dodge horsepower. With the long straight-aways at Lakeland, that's definitely going to be a key to victory. Our pit crew has been practicing like crazy and I'm really confident in their ability to bust off some lightning fast stops for me. We had an awesome test at Lakeland a few weeks ago and I'm totally confident coming out of there that we're going to be one of the players come race time."
* For more on Steve Wallace, please visit: www.stevewallaceonline.com.