The 11th Annual Hav-a-Tampa Shootout Fast Facts Date: Friday, Oct. 13, and Saturday, Oct 14 Location: Dixie Speedway Woodstock, GA Series: UDTRA Hav-A-Tampa Dirt Racing...
The 11th Annual Hav-a-Tampa Shootout Fast Facts
Date: Friday, Oct. 13, and Saturday, Oct 14
Location: Dixie Speedway Woodstock, GA
Series: UDTRA Hav-A-Tampa Dirt Racing Series
Cars: 750-horsepower dirt late model stock cars. Tube-frame cars must be stock in appearance with both minimum and maximum body width and length according to late model production automobiles.
Sanctioning Body: United Dirt Track Racing Association, Woodstock, Ga.
Total Purse is $205,000 * Fast Qualifier - $3,000 * Isky Dash - $13,075 * Consolation Races - $7,500 ($600 to the first non-transfer spot, and $100 to start) * Mickey's Big Bonus - $25,000 Steve Francis is the only driver eligible for this award, having won the July HAT event at Dixie. If Francis wins the Shootout, he earns Mickey's Big Bonus. (Dale McDowell is the only driver who has ever won Mickey's Big Bonus, which was $20,000 last year. Dixie Speedway owner Mickey Swims increased it to $25,000 this year.)
* Shootout Race Purse: $156,425 * Winner's Share: $53,000 ($2,500 to start) Shootout Winners
1999 Dale McDowell 1994 Scott Bloomquist 1998 Tim Hitt 1993 Scott Bloomquist 1997 Billy Moyer 1992 Buddy Morris 1996 Wendell Wallace 1991 Tony Reaid 1995 Bill Frye 1990 Bill Ingram
Scott Bloomquist enters the 100-lap Shootout with a 65-point lead over Steve Francis. There are 36 possible scenarios for the final point standings, with 10 ending in a tie (Bloomquist would be declared the champion by virtue of the tiebreaker for most wins this season). If Bloomquist finishes 15th or better, he clinches the championship regardless of how Francis finishes. If Francis finishes fifth or worse, Bloomquist also clinches.
Eight former Shootout winners are among the 269 drivers invited to enter the Shootout.
ISKY Dash: The 22 drivers who posted Fast Time honors in the 45 events during the HAT 2000 Tour are qualified for the Isky Dash that will be run on October 13. The Shootout Fast qualifier could also be added if that driver is not already on the list. The drivers will draw for their starting spots, and then run 12 laps. The Isky Dash pays $5,000-to-win out of a $13,075 purse.
HAT Shootout Format
* Qualifications - Each driver will receive 2 laps with the best time counting as the official time.
* Borla Performance Heat Races: Six heats to be lined up by qualification times with the fast qualifier on the pole of the 1st heat, 2nd fast on the pole of the 2nd heat, etc. Top 3 in each heat transfer to the Shootout to make up the first 18 starting spots (Elite 18). First heat race winner starts on the pole for the Shootout, 2nd heat winner on the outside front row, 3rd and 4th heat winners in row 2, 5th and 6th heat winners in row 3, etc.
* Renegade Transporters 1st Consolation Race: Drivers finishing fourth on back in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd heats will go into the 1st Consy in the order they finished the heats. The 4th place driver in the 1st heat starts on the pole, the 4th place driver in the 2nd heat on the outside front row, and the 4th place driver in the 3rd heat on the inside of the second row, etc. The top three finishers in the 1st Consy Transfer to the Shootout, with the winner starting 19th, 2nd place starting 21st, and 3rd place starting 23rd.
* Polaris ATVs 2nd Consolation Race Drivers finishing fourth on back in the 4th, 5th and 6th heats will go into the 2nd Consy in the order they finished the heats. The 4th place driver in the 4th heat starts on the pole, the 4th place driver in the 5th heat on the outside front row, and the 4th place driver in the 6th heat on the inside of the second row, etc. The top three finishers in the 2nd Consy Transfer to the Shootout, with the winner starting 20th, 2nd place starting 22nd, and 3rd place starting 24th.
* The 25th and 26th starting spots in the Shootout will go to the top two drivers in the current Hav-A-Tampa point standings who have not made the Shootout starting field through heat or consolations races.
* The Shootout will be 100 green flag laps. Yellow (caution) flag laps do not count.
1999 Dale McDowell 1995 Scott Bloomquist 1998 Scott Bloomquist 1994 Scott Bloomquist 1997 Billy Moyer 1993 Clint Smith 1996 Freddy Smith
Started in 1993 as a 12-race series concentrated in the Southeast, the United Dirt Track Racing Association's Hav-A-Tampa Dirt Racing Series has grown into the nation's premier dirt track late model series. The $3 million tour will visit 17 states this season.
The 2000 Hav-a-Tampa Point Fund is $161,000, with the champion earning a $50,000 bonus.
Most Recent UDTRA Race Winners
Sept. 23 The Dirt Track @ Lowe's Motor Speedway Dan Schlieper Charlotte, NC Sept. 15 Thunder Ridge Speedway Steve Francis Prestonburg, Ky. Sept. 3 Atomic Speedway Scott Bloomquist Knoxville, Tenn. Sept. 2 Atomic Speedway Dan Schlieper Knoxville, Tenn. Aug. 26 Florence Speedway Scott Bloomquist Union, Ky. Aug. 22 Adams Co. Speedway Scott Bloomquist Corning, Iowa Aug. 15 Joplin 66 Speedway Wendell Wallace Joplin, Mo.
Grandstand Reserved: Grandstand General Admission Row 1&2 - $52 (2 day) Friday - $25 Row 3-5 - $50 (2 day) Saturday - $35 2-Day Combo - $45
Pit Passes: Friday - $30 Saturday - $40 2 Day Combo - $60
For more information contact: Earl Fannin ProSportsAgency 404.229.5549 firstname.lastname@example.org www.havatamparacing.com