John Dalziel / SS Racing Plymouth Speedway First Race Expectations: * After his test session was rained out last Friday at Baer Field Speedway, Dalziel and the team decided to post-pone his race debut for this weekend at Plymouth Speedway....
John Dalziel / SS Racing Plymouth Speedway
First Race Expectations:
* After his test session was rained out last Friday at Baer Field Speedway, Dalziel and the team decided to post-pone his race debut for this weekend at Plymouth Speedway. Driver, John Dalziel
* "I made the right decision not to race next weekend. I want to put myself in a position to be competitive on the race track. If I don't feel that I'm ready, I won't race."
* "In Formula Cars, it's enjoying just to go out and drive them, regardless if there are other cars on the track. With stock cars, the opposite is true. It really gets fun when you're in a pack of cars racing. So, I'm looking forward to getting on the track with other drivers."
Team Owner, Ken Smith
* "John's decision not to race last weekend tells you just how sound his decision making is. He didn't want to go to a strange track, that he'd never driven on before, and qualify at the back of the field. He wants his initial qualification to be good."
* "John has been in three different cars in the past six months, and he knew if he could get a couple extra days in the same car on the same track would help him with his consistency at Plymouth."
* "John got some real good laps in at Plymouth. He can only build on that, and his confidence level when he was done at Plymouth was so much better. He handled the car well, so I'm feeling very confident after last weekend."
Eyes on the Competition:
Driver, John Dalziel
* "My race day approach hinders on how my lap times stack up against my competition. I can tell you one thing, I have no intentions on driving in the back of the pack."
* "I watched the race last week. There are high quality drivers in the field. They were quite impressive, so I learned quite a few things just by just watching."
* "I have a lot to work on this weekend. Qualifying will be completely different than what I'm used to, and I will only have 15 minutes of practice time with other cars on the track." Team Owner, Ken Smith
* "Racing at this level is very clean. People have a lot invested in their programs and they respect each other. There are three or four guys at that level that it's tough to just jump in and compete with."
* "John wants to race clean, come home in one piece and that would be a success."