FARMINGTON, Mo. -- Following seven races in the Racing Association of Mini Stocks (RAMS) Points Series, amazingly there are four racers with an excellent shot at winning the 2003 championship. Dave "The Wolf" Wofford of Farmington leads the pack...
FARMINGTON, Mo. -- Following seven races in the Racing Association of Mini Stocks (RAMS) Points Series, amazingly there are four racers with an excellent shot at winning the 2003 championship. Dave "The Wolf" Wofford of Farmington leads the pack but only by the slimmest of margins over Rick Ruch of Perryville (517-515). But hiding in the bushes are Marty Boyer of Potosi and Mike Meyer of Sikeston who are just waiting for Wofford and Ruch to slip up so they can slid into the championship seat. Mother Nature has also started to play a major role in the championship run as the Aug. 30th race at the I-55 Raceway in Pevely was rained out, thus forcing a major change in the schedule.
The RAMS only have three Point Series races left and they are back-to-back-to-back. This Friday, Sept. 5th, the first of the three races will be held at the Fredericktown Raceway. Then on Saturday, Sept. 13th (during a special night of races), the RAMS the next to last race of the season will be held at the Fredericktown Raceway (as a make-up of the I-55 race). The RAMS will then crown their 2003 champion on Saturday, Sept. 20th at the Montgomery County Speedway in New Florence, Mo. During the races at the Fredericktown Raceway this Friday night (Sept. 5), the RAMS will be giving away a pair of bicycles to the youth attending the races.
The RAMS Points Series is sponsored this season by Boyer Siding of Potosi, Bail Bonding Associates of Park Hills, Convenience Barn of Farmington & Desloge, Accounting Services Unlimited of Park Hills, Burch Fencing of Farmington and Johnson DanMar Racing Products of Bonne Terre. For more information on the RAMS contact Jeff Mills at (573) 747-0566 or Shannon Burch at (573) 747-1492. You can also check out the rules and regulations of the Racing Association of Mini Stocks on their website at: jeff.mills.tripod.com/ramsofsoutheastmissouri/
The RAMS will also be holding a Swap Meet and Garage Sale in the Exhibition Barn at the St. Francois County Fairgrounds/Raceway on Saturday, Sept. 27th, beginning at 10 a.m. There will also be a barbecue and other activities. Space for the event is available, but it is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Here are the current standings in the RAMS Points Series going into Friday night's race:
1. #5 Dave Wofford, Farmington (517)
2. #6 Rick Ruch, Perryville (515)
3. #52 Marty Boyer, Potosi (503)
4. #59m Mike Meyer, Sikeston (481)
5. #21 Bill Nickelson, DeSoto (390)
6. #11 Jason Harper, Deloge (382)
7. #3 Brian Cox, Ste. Genevieve (361)
8. #16 Jon Paul Reando, Festus (357)
9. #73 Mike Henderson, Hillsboro (356)
10. #99 Jason Brewington, Fredericktown (329)
11. #13 Rusty Voyles, Hillsboro (302)
12. #90 Wes Kintz, Piedmont (273)
13. #17 Jathon Cruse, Desloge (222)
14. #1 Kevin Buckley, Park Hills (218)
15. #66 J.J. "Smurf" Johnson, Patton (192)
16. #14 Keith Buckley, Farmington (116)
17. #8 Shannon Burch, Farmington (113)
18. #38 Kevin Buckley, Farmington (103)
19. #9 Susan Stewart, Fredericktown (80)
20. #32 Nick Payne, Farmington (54)
21. #47 Jeff Gibson, Bonne Terre (39)