Potomac Speedway April 14, 2000 By: Doug Watson Budds Creek MD. - James Adkins Jr., driving out of Waldorf, scored his first win of the season in last Friday nights 25 lap dirt late model feature. Adkins' victory, the ninth of his career, ...
Potomac Speedway April 14, 2000 By: Doug Watson
Budds Creek MD. - James Adkins Jr., driving out of Waldorf, scored his first win of the season in last Friday nights 25 lap dirt late model feature. Adkins' victory, the ninth of his career, would make him the fourth different driver to claim a victory here at the speedway. Paul Cursey made it 3 for 4 in the 20 lap Bell Motor Company Semi-late feature. In Coors Light Pure Stock action Welcome, MD's Billy Tippett notched his first career win. Jerry Dick, of Lottsburg VA., won the exciting MAC Tools four-cylinder feature, his first triumph of 2000. John Ballou, of Waldorf, started on the pole and led every lap to record his first career Gardiner Outdoor Products Inc. Enduro Stock feature win and in Chesapeake Web Design action Brian Thompson , of Mechanicsville, made it two in a row in the 15 lap feature. Kyle King, of Mechanicsville, was the lucky winner of the bicycle donated by Universal Metal Products of Clinton, MD. In Budweiser late model action outside pole sitter David Hoffman jumped into the early lead. He appeared to have the field covered as he easily led the first 21 laps. Adkins, who started 12th, methodically worked his way up through the field and would take the lead on lap 22. Adkins then easily led the final laps to secure the victory aboard the JCR Racing Products Rocket Chassis. David Hoffman would finished second, Harold Dorsey took third, Chuck Finch in fourth, and Bill Timme rounded out the top five. Seventeen cars were on hand to race, with heats going to David Sibold and Jeff Pilkerton. Only one caution flag slowed the event Bell Motor Company Semi Late runner Paul Cursey, who started fifth, would lead every lap enroute to his third win of the year, and 30th of his career. Sommey Lacey finished a close second, Ronnie Hollige took third, 11th place starter Jeff Reely fourth, and Daryl Hills rounded out the top five. Heats went to Reely and Lacey. Coming next Friday night, April 21st, will be the second leg of the ITSI New Millennium Series for the Super Late Models. The distance will be 40 laps and $2000 awaits the winner. Plus a complete show of Semi-lates, Pure Stocks, Four Cylinders and Enduro's. The gates open at 6:00 pm and racing action begins at 7:30pm. For further information please visit our website at www.potomacspeedway.com or call 301-884-4624.
Budweiser Late Models
1. James Adkins-28, 2. Dave Hoffman-15, 3. Harold Dorsey-92, 4. Chuck Finch-21F, 5. Bill Timme-81, 6. Tom Rawlings-31, 7. Tom Wagner, Jr.-50, 8. George Moreland-24, 9. Jeff Pilkerton-8, 10. David Sibold-07, 11. Mike Warshauer-7, 12. Rick Hulson-18, 13. Jack Bland-41, 14. Larry Emory-1, 15. Jackie Booth-33, 16. Brian Miller-12, 17. Deane Guy-45 (Semi-late)
Semi Late Models
1.Paul Cursey-37, 2. Sommy Lacey-45, 3. Ronnie Hollidge-0, 4. Jeff Reeley-4, 5. Darryl Hills-7, 6. Steve Benjamin-94, 7. Dennis Windsor-4, 8. Fireball Latham, 9. Jason Jarvis-18J, 10. Paul Barham-5, 11. Walt Homberg-25 (Pure Street), 12. Craig Bowling-75 DNS: Dale Smith-81, Jeff Burroughs-10oz, Ray Hacket-56 Pure Street Stock
1. Billy Tippett-37, 2. P.J. Hatcher-77, 3. Rusty Alton-3, 4. Dan Dotson-2D, 5. Jamie Lathroum-6, 6. Kirk Confair-81, 7. Ray Morgan-2M, 8. Tommy Hitt-7T, 9. Mike Roop-04, 10. Jeff Thomas-33, 11. Shawn Wathen-23W, 12. Steve Long-44, 13. Kevin Johnson-67, 14. Bobby Tipton-12, 15. Mike Latham-78, 16. Ken Coron-51, 17. Tim Shelton-55, 18. Scott Thompson-25, 19. Johnny Smith-82, 20. Tom Turner-25T, 21. Troy Kassaris-17K DNS: Mike Suite-3M 4 Cylinder
1. Jerry Dick-44, 2. Pop Woods-3, 3. Wayne Graves-24G, 4. J.T. McLanigan-13, 5. Calvin Wright-94, 6. Scotty Scott-42, 7. Jeff Auman-6, 8. Bob Tester-5, 9. Linda Wright-1, 10. Joe Blocker-23, 11. Andy Self-99, 12. Chappy Knaack-88, 13. Sam Woods-00, 14. Scotty Nelson-24Jr., 15. Sam Truitt-17, 16. Patrick Pack-72
1. John Ballou-112, 2. Kevin Sprague-55, 3. Josh Moxley-23, 4. Wayne Suite-00, 5. John Burch-12, 6. Ray Weaver-11, 7. Wayne Weaver-57, 8. Marty Page-29, 9. Charles Gagnon-30, 10. Paul Schendel-8, 11. George Heinz-56 12. H&D Racing-104, 13. Mike Hickman-33, 14. Jimmy Suite-1, 15. Bob Kolbe-9, 16. Ray Meador-41, 17. Jeff Hammett-3, 18. Ben Bowie-17, 19. Rodney Holt-007, 20. Joe Adams-69 DNS: Deano Painter-6
1. Brian Thompson-41, 2. Corey Hanson-21, 3. Brian Maxey-04, 4. Donald Doss-38, 5. Rodney Hill-65, 6. Jerry Oliver-3