2nd Annual NAPA Auto Parts Dirt Stock Car Open presented by Don-Frank Floor Covering Company & BI-Mart FACT SHEET WHAT: 2nd Annual NAPA Auto Parts Dirt Stock Car Open presented by Don-Frank Floor Covering Company & BI-Mart featuring the ...
2nd Annual NAPA Auto Parts Dirt Stock Car Open presented by Don-Frank Floor Covering Company & BI-Mart FACT SHEET
WHAT: 2nd Annual NAPA Auto Parts Dirt Stock Car Open presented by Don-Frank Floor Covering Company & BI-Mart featuring the Lightning Fast Outlaw Open Comp Dirt Late Models, Modifieds, and Street Stocks competing on the "Monster" half-mile clay oval.
WHEN: Friday and Saturday, September 21 & 22, 2001. Gates open at 5pm on Friday and 4pm on Saturday, with racing starting at 6:45pm
WHERE: Portland Speedway, 9727 N. MLK Jr. Blvd, Portland 97217 (Just East of the Portland Meadows horse track) SANCTION: Independent Special Events
PROMOTER: Western Speedways, Inc. President-Craig Armstrong 503-285-2883 Media Information: Derrick Shannon 208-890-7078 EVENT HOTLINE: 503-285-9511
ADMISSION: $20 for Adults, $16 for Seniors over 62 and Military with ID, $10 for Juniors 11-17, all children under 10 with paid adult are FREE. A Family Package for two Adults and two Juniors is $50 for a two-day package. VIP Reserved seats are $25. Ticket Information: Call 503-285-2883 Advance tickets available at all Ticketmaster locations or online at www.portlandspeedway.com.
DIVISIONS: Outlaw Late Models, Modifieds, and Street Stocks.
NOTES OF INTERESTS:
* The two-day format will feature Qualifying and Heat Races on Friday night, with main events scheduled for all divisions on Saturday.
* More than $27,000 in posted awards will be handed out to drivers and teams.
* The "Topless 10" will feature the Top 10 fastest Outlaw Late Models without roofs as determined by qualifying. This special 10-lap fully inverted race will take place on Saturday, September 22. If the fastest qualifier starts in the back and wins the race, then the winner will receive a $1,000 bonus.
* Eric Sayre of Vancouver, Wash. won the last time the Outlaw Late Models visited Portland Speedway back in August. Sayre is leading the point standings in Portland Speedway's NWRS Grand American Modified division.
* More than 60 of the top Outlaw Dirt Late Model drivers from all over the West Coast will be on hand for this two-day event.
* This event closes the 76th racing season at Portland Speedway. Racing will continue starting next April 2002.
* Portland Speedway would like to congratulate its NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Champions: Tom Pinkowsky-GA, Martin Stanwood-Sportsman, Scott Puncochar-Street Stock, Dan Cherington-F8, and Kari Puncochar-WAR!