Bjorklund Remains Hot At I-94 Raceway SAUK CENTRE, MN (July 3, 2004) - Blake Bjorklund turned in his strongest run yet as he wiped out the competition in winning the 100 lap American Solutions for Business ASA Super Late Model Feature at the...
Bjorklund Remains Hot At I-94 Raceway
SAUK CENTRE, MN (July 3, 2004) - Blake Bjorklund turned in his strongest run yet as he wiped out the competition in winning the 100 lap American Solutions for Business ASA Super Late Model Feature at the I-94 Raceway in Sauk Centre. Bill Rhode got the race rolling as he took the lead from the start. Last week's winner Eugene Dick gave chase and ran alongside Rhode in the first few laps, before Dick took over the lead. Third starting Bjorklund hunted down Dick and he worked hard before making his move in turn one, to take the lead on lap 15. Once in front, Bjorklund quickly moved away from everyone else. A long green flag period gave Bjorklund the opportunity to put several cars a lap down, while he continually expanded his lead. Dick remained in second as Tim Olson and Todd Hansen ran side-by-side for third. Rhode, who dropped back as far as sixth, made a late race charge and moved back up to finish third. Meanwhile, Bjorklund had one scary moment with only two laps left, when the lapped cars of Molly Rhoads and Jon Olson got out of shape in turn two. Bjorklund locked up the brakes, avoided the melee and then took off uncontested the rest of the way to take his third win of the year. Dick drove a strong race and came home with a solid second-place run.
John Notch was back in true form as he won the American Solutions for Business, Modified Feature. Kevin Woeste continued his series of strong runs as he took the lead from the start. Jeff Rohner jumped into second, while the rest of the field stayed tight. Notch methodically moved his car to the bottom of the track and was able to run down Woeste. With six laps left, Notch got under Woeste and took over the top spot. Jon Lewerer followed along as he snared second. Notch moved several car lengths ahead in the final few laps to affirm the win.
Tim Brockhouse opened things up as he won the Great North Legends Feature. Stan Davis led the surge into the first turn, but by the completion of the race's first lap, Zack Davids led the field. Davis stayed close and he moved ahead to be scored the leader on lap three. Twelfth starting Brockhouse wasted absolutely no time as he dove down low, and blew by several cars as he took second. On lap four, Brockhouse got under Davis and he took the lead. Brockhouse build up a full straightaway lead, only to see it erased when Paul Hartman spun with two laps to go. On the restart, Dirk Henry rode the leader hard, but Brockhouse wasn't about to let this race slip away as he held off Henry by a single car length to insure the win.
Ace Valencour turned things up, as he cleaned house in the Thunder Car Feature. Starting on the pole, Valencour quickly assumed the lead. Jarmin Henry pulled next to Valencour, but couldn't quite make his car stick. Valencour didn't allow Henry too many more chances as he stepped it up in the last half of the race on his way to taking the win.
Jeremy Fleck had to fend of some tough competition, but in the end, Fleck was back in Victory Lane following the UCAR Feature. After a first lap fracas, which took out four cars, Carrie McDougall came out with the lead. It was a short stay at the top for McDougall as Steve Meagher got past after a few laps. Twelfth starting Fleck drove around cars left and right and on lap four, he moved by Meagher to capture the lead. Meagher rallied to retake the lead, but Fleck soon came storming back. Meagher wasn't about to give up either as two laps later he was again the race leader. A lapped car gave Fleck a little wake up call and after another two laps, Fleck was back out front for good. A late caution brought everyone else close to this fight at the front, but in the end, Fleck moved to a safe distance as he completed the distance and took the win.
I-94 Raceway Results
July 3, 2004
ASA Super Late Models
1. Gary Mueller (16.86 sec.) 2. Todd Hansen (16.91) 3. Blake Bjorklund (16.92 sec.) 4. Andy Hanson (17.02 sec.) 5. Joe Berthiaume (17.14 sec.) 6. Tim Olson (17.03 sec.)
100 Lap Feature
1. Blake Bjorklund (Isanti) 2. Eugene Dick (Watkins) 3. Bill Rhode (Hudson, WI) 4. Tim Olson (Hamel) 5. Bryan Roach (Becker) 6. Todd Hansen (Minneapolis) 7. Stacy Rossell (Atwater) 8. Trent Snyder (Ironton) 9. Andy Hanson (Ramsey) 10. Gary Mueller (Chisago City) 11. Jake Jay (Harris) 12. Jon Olson (Hamel) 13. Molly Rhoads (Hastings) 14. Josh Farnum (St. Francis) 15. Matt Lundberg (Des Moines, IA)-DNF 16. Paul Milford (Apple Valley)-DNF 17. AJ Rhoads (Hastings)-DNF 18. Jeff Lofquist (Fergus Falls)-DNF 19. Ritch Johnson (Monticello)-DNF 20. Joe Berthiaume (Hamel)-DNF 21. Rob Dubnecay (Maple Grove)-DNF 22. Sam Gottwald (Willmar)-DNF
1. Jon Lewerer (Coon Rapids) 2. Ron Immerfall (St. Cloud) 3. Kevin Woeste (Waite Park) 4. Jason Schafer (Marshall) 5. Tony Grams (Zimmerman) 6. Brady Barker (Grove City) 7. Dave Deters (Sauk Centre)
1. John Notch (St. Cloud) 2. Jeff Rohner (Willmar) 3. Terry Merten (Sauk Centre) 4. Matt Anderson (Atwater) 5. John Gottwald (Paynesville) 6. Joey Johnson (Alexandria) 7. John Paul Odegaard (Brooklyn Center)
1. John Notch 2. Jon Lewerer 3. Kevin Woeste 4. Ron Immerfall 5. Tony Grams 6. Jeff Rohner 7. Jason Schafer 8. John Gottwald 9. Terry Merten 10. Brady Barker 11. John Paul Odegaard 12. Joey Johnson 13. Dave Deters 14. Matt Anderson-DNF
Great North Legends
1. Tim Brockhouse (Shorewood) 2. Cal Lease (Little Falls) 3. Jason Brockhouse (Prior Lake) 4. Todd Tracy (Belle Plaine) 5. Beaner Wiese (Sauk Centre) 6. Rollie Davidson (Burnsville) 7. Dirk Henry (Sauk Centre) 8. Rod Flynn (Alexandria)-DNF 9. Ray Walker (Kimball)-DNF 10. Jon Lewerer (Coon Rapids)-DNF
1. Rob Thurston (Olivia) 2. Tim Bumgardner (Coon Rapids) 3. Chad Flynn (Alexandria) 4. Doug Petty (Oak Grove) 5. Bruce Allen (Chanhassen) 6. Stan Davis (Maple Grove) 7. Matt Hendrickson (Albany) 8. Joe Kostreba (Sauk Centre) 9. Zack Davids (Apple Valley)-DNF 10. Charlie Balderston (Freeport)-DNF
1. Greg Lohrenz (Chanhassen) 2. Ross Zumbach (Racine) 3. Shimon Casper (Cottage Grove) 4. Robby Carter (Prior Lake) 5. Kim Kraus (Prior Lake) 6. Mike Turbes (North Mankato) 7. Paul Hartman (Willmar) 8. Jamie Walker (Kimball) 9. Cam Schafer (Glenwood)
Last Chance Qualifier
1. Jamie Walker 2. Paul Hartman 3. Greg Lohrenz 4. Cam Schafer 5. Kim Kraus 6. Ross Zumbach 7. Mike Turbes 8. Shimon Casper 9. Shaynen Schmidt (Alexandria)
1. Tim Brockhouse 2. Dirk Henry 3. Rob Thurston 4. Stan Davis 5. Zack Davids 6. Jason Brockhouse 7. Cal Lease 8. Beaner Wiese 9. Todd Tracy 10. Chad Flynn 11. Bruce Allen 12. Rollie Davidson 13. Greg Lohrenz 14. Doug Petty 15. Ray Walker 16. Matt Hendrickson 17. Tim Bumgardner 18. Kim Kraus 19. Rod Flynn 20. Paul Hartman 21. Joe Kostreba 22. Charlie Balderston 23. Cam Schafer 24. Jamie Walker
1. Ace Valencour (Sauk Centre) 2. Jarmin Henry (Sauk Centre) 3. Patrick Amelung (St. Joseph) 4. Lance Stueve (Greenwald) 5. Joe Karl (Osakis) 6. Jerry Messer (Sauk Centre) 7. Dayrl Harth (Glenwood) 8. Jonathan Olmscheid (Elrosa) 9. Tim Wojtowicz (Minneapolis) 10. Dirk Henry (Sauk Centre) 11. Mark Milbeck (Erhard) 12. Dan Bergstrom (Champlin) 13. Steve Goar (Champlin) 14. Matt Hoeschen (Sauk Centre) 15. Mark Iverson 16. Jamie Schultz 17. Alex Odegaard (Brooklyn Center) 18. Matt Miller (Glenwood)-DNF 19. Doug Olmscheid (Elrosa)-DNF
1. Jeremy Fleck (Sauk Rapids) 2. Steve Meagher (Grey Eagle) 3. David Bolstad (Fergus Falls) 4. Carrie McDougall (Monticello) 5. Matt Peterson (Burtrum) 6. Andy Heying (St. Cloud) 7. Billy Weyer (Sartell) 8. Chad Flynn (Alexandria) 9. Jay Gronewold (Fergus Falls) 10. Troy Nelson (Alexandria) 11. Joey Deters (Sauk Centre) 12. Bobbi Maras (Grey Eagle) 13. Kurt Deters (Sauk Centre) 14. Doug Fick (Fergus Falls) 15. Tony Hallerman (Sauk Centre) 16. Levi Stenerson (Fergus Falls) 17. Scott Petty (Elk River) 18. Dan Bolstad (Fergus Falls) 19. Josh Whipple (Fergus Falls) 20. Rob Lanners (Burtrum)-DNF 21. Adam Fronning (Dalton)-DNF 22. Andy Mayavski (St. Cloud)-DNF