Olson Back In Form At I-94 Raceway SAUK CENTRE, MN (May 28, 2005) - Less than a week after his car was severely damaged in a ASA Minnesota Challenge Series race, Tim Olson's car was better than ever as he won the ASA Super Late Model Feature ...
Olson Back In Form At I-94 Raceway
SAUK CENTRE, MN (May 28, 2005) - Less than a week after his car was severely damaged in a ASA Minnesota Challenge Series race, Tim Olson's car was better than ever as he won the ASA Super Late Model Feature at the I-94 Raceway. Jon Olson started on the pole and took off with Jeff Lofquist right behind. Steve Lamke's spin on lap four, brought out the race's first caution and Lofquist got the best of the restart as he took the lead. Seventh starting Tim Olson was right behind and on lap five, he shot by with the lead. Rob Dubnecay moved to second and stayed close as he looked for a way around the leader. Eugene Dick made a late race run as he overtook Dubnecay for the runner-up spot. Some lapped traffic played into Olson's favor in the final few laps as he crossed the line about a straightaway ahead of Dick.
John Notch was back in familiar territory, Victory Lane, as he recorded his first Modified Feature win of the season. Jeremy Fleck led the field to green, but it would be Corey Flynn who would lead the race's opening lap. Flynn set a quick pace as Jerry Voigt, Notch, Kevin Woeste and Jeff Rohner all were within striking distance. Voigt squeezed ahead on lap nine as the pack remained tightly bunched. On lap 12, contact with another car sent Fleck spinning out of turn two. Jonathan Olmscheid had no where to go as he got collected in the incident as well. Both Fleck and Olmscheid were uninjured, but their badly beaten cars were out for the night. When the green flag waved again, Voigt held on for most of a lap, before Notch shot past into the top spot. Woeste moved to second with a couple of laps remaining, but it was too late to make a run on the leader as Notch went on to the win.
Jaycen Brockhouse backed up his win from a week ago with another one in the Great North Legends Feature. Rick Dubay took the lead from the start as Jon Lewerer and Brockhouse were right behind. On lap 11, Brockhouse made it by Lewerer and pulled alongside Dubay. After a short battle, Brockhouse came away with the lead. A pair of cautions slowed the action with about five laps remaining. This gave Dirk Henry, who had moved to second just prior to the cautions, a shot at Brockhouse. When the race resumed, Brockhouse held his ground as Henry was able to pull alongside, but not be able to complete the pass. The front pair stayed close all the way to the finish as Brockhouse held Henry off by less than a car's length to take the win.
Jerry Messer's smooth driving style paid off as he won the Thunder Car Feature. Jarmin Henry grabbed the lead from the start. Patrick Amelung took over as he flew by on lap two. One lap later, the action would be slowed as Joe Karl hit the turn four wall head-on, knocking his car out of the race. Amelung continued to lead as he drove a high line around the track. Meanwhile, eighth starting Messer was meticulously working his way past cars on the bottom of the track. With five laps to go, Messer had tracked down Amelung. The leaders raced wheel-to-wheel for a lap, before Messer came away with the lead. The final couple of laps saw Messer move a few more car lengths ahead before he took the checkered flag.
David Bolstad celebrated his 19th birthday a day late with a win in the UCAR Feature. Starting on the pole, Bolstad quickly put his car in high gear as he held off his brother Dan. David gained momentum on every lap as he pulled away after an early race caution. By the halfway mark, he was a full straightaway ahead and when the checkered flag finally waved, he was a quarter of a lap in front of Dan. Corey Flynn, Josh Christy and Marc Rosenow ran much closer to round out the top five.
I-94 Raceway Results
May 28, 2005
ASA Super Late Models
1. Jon Olson (Hamel) 2. Jeff Lofquist (Fergus Falls) 3. DJ Dondelinger (Brainerd) 4. Darin Nelson (Isanti) 5. Rob Thurston (Olivia) 6. Matt Gottwald (Willmar) 7. Tim Dehaan (Pine City)
1. Ritch Johnson (Monticello) 2. Steve Lamke (Ellsworth, WI) 3. JR Studniski (St. Joseph) 4. Tory Nygren (Apple Valley) 5. Pat Maloney (Alexandria) 6. Danny Edenloff (Alexandria)
1. Tim Olson (Hamel) 2. Rob Dubnecay (Maple Grove) 3. Joe Berthiaume (Rogers) 4. Bryan Roach (Becker) 5. Eugene Dick (Watkins) 6. Bob White (Spring Lake Park)
1. Bryan Roach (17.023 sec.) 2. Joe Berthiaume (17.239 sec.) 3. Bob White (17.408 sec.) 4. Eugene Dick (17.693 sec.) 5. Rob Dubnecay (17.835 sec.) 6. Tim Olson (17.864 sec.)
1. Tim Olson 2. Eugene Dick 3. Bob White 4. Rob Dubnecay 5. Bryan Roach 6. JR Studniski 7. Rob Thurston 8. Matt Gottwald 9. Jon Olson 10. Ritch Johnson 11. Pat Maloney 12. Joe Berthiaume 13. Jeff Lofquist 14. Tim Dehaan 15. Darin Nelson-DNF 16. Steve Lamke-DNF 17. Danny Edenloff-DNF 18. DJ Dondelinger-DNF 19. Tory Nygren-DNF
1. Oren Hoeper (Dalton) 2. Tony Robertson (Darwin) 3. Jeff Rohner (Willmar) 4. Jerry Voigt (Cold Spring) 5. Jeremy Fleck (Sauk Rapids) 6. Joey Johnson (Alexandria) 7. John Gottwald (Paynesville)
1. Rich Snyder (Alexandria) 2. John Notch (St. Cloud) 3. Kevin Woeste (Waite Park) 4. Corey Flynn (Alexandria) 5. Jonathan Olmscheid (Elrosa) 6. Dave Ostendorf (St. Cloud)
1. John Notch 2. Kevin Woeste 3. Jerry Voigt 4. Corey Flynn 5. Jeff Rohner 6. Rich Snyder 7. Tony Robertson 8. Joey Johnson 9. Dave Ostendorf 10. Oren Hoeper-DNF 11. John Gottwald-DNF 12. Jonathan Olmscheid-DNF 13. Jeremy Fleck-DNF
Great North Legends
1. Chad Flynn (Alexandria) 2. Jaycen Brockhouse (Shorewood) 3. Tyler Sjoman (Alexandria) 4. Jon Lewerer (Coon Rapids) 5. Beaner Wiese (Sauk Centre) 6. Zac Davids (Apple Valley) 7. Jeff Ryan (Grand Forks, ND) 8. Cal Lease (Little Falls)-DNF
1. Matt Hendrickson (Albany) 2. Dirk Henry (Sauk Centre) 3. Scott Petty (Elk River) 4. Charlie Balderston (Freeport) 5. Gary Oie (St. Paul) 6. Patrick Brejcha (Alexandria)-DNF 7. Doug Petty (Oak Grove)-DNF 8. Joe Kostreba (Sauk Centre)-DNF
1. Tim Brockhouse (Shorewood) 2. Rick Dubay (Coon Rapids) 3. Robby Carter (Prior Lake) 4. Stan Davis (Maple Grove) 5. Mike Turbes (North Mankato) 6. Ross Zumbach (Racine) 7. Jake Varnum (Morris) 8. Mark Skjerven (Oakdale)
1. Tim Brockhouse (18.995 sec.) 2. Tyler Sjoman (19.112 sec.) 3. Dirk Henry (19.114 sec.) 4. Jaycen Brockhouse (19.138 sec.) 5. Stan Davis (19.154 sec.) 6. Matt Hendrickson (19.191 sec.)
1. Jaycen Brockhouse 2. Dirk Henry 3. Rick Dubay 4. Jon Lewerer 5. Stan Davis 6. Matt Hendrickson 7. Zac Davids 8. Charlie Balderston 9. Robby Carter 10. Chad Flynn 11. Tyler Sjoman 12. Scott Petty 13. Beaner Wiese 14. Jake Varnum 15. Mike Turbes 16. Jeff Ryan 17. Mark Skjerven 18. Gary Oie-DNF 19. Ross Zumbach-DNF 20. Patrick Brejcha-DNF 21. Tim Brockhouse-DNF 22. Cal Lease-DNF
1. LB Berthiaume (Rogers) 2. Lance Stueve (Greenwald) 3. Matt Miller (Glenwood) 4. Joe Karl (Osakis) 5. Doug Olmscheid (Padua) 6. Troy Nelson (Alexandria) 7. Justin Wolbeck (Sauk Centre) 8. Chris Henry (Sauk Centre) 9. Jobie Gutzmer (Erhard)
1. Jerry Messer (Sauk Centre) 2. Nick Panitzke (Sauk Centre) 3. Patrick Amelung (St. Joseph) 4. Jarmin Henry (Sauk Centre) 5. Matt Hoeschen (Sauk Centre) 6. Jim Larkin (Monticello) 7. Jason Schroepfer (Comfry) 8. Lee McDougall (Monticello) 9. Luke Gottwald (St. Martin)-DNF
1. Jerry Messer 2. Patrick Amelung 3. Matt Miller 4. Matt Hoeschen 5. LB Berthiaume 6. Lance Stueve 7. Nick Panitzke 8. Jason Schroepfer 9. Jim Larkin 10. Doug Olmscheid 11. Jobie Gutzmer 12. Troy Nelson 13. Justin Wolbeck 14. Chris Henry 15. Jarmin Henry-DNF 16. Lee McDougall-DNF 17. Joe Karl-DNF 18. Luke Gottwald-DNF
1. Andy Mayavski (St. Cloud) 2. David Bolstad (Fergus Falls) 3. Alan Thompson (Waite Park) 4. Marc Rosenow (Grey Eagle) 5. Chad Burke (Alexandria) 6. John Herrly (Carlos) 7. Tony Hallerman (Sauk Centre) 8. Bobbi Jo Maras (Grey Eagle) 9. Dave Heurung (Long Prairie)-DNF 10. Jay Gronewold (Fergus Falls)-DNF
1. Dan Bolstad (Fergus Falls) 2. Corey Flynn (Alexandria) 3. Josh Christy (Sauk Rapids) 4. Billy Weyer (Sartell) 5. Craig Maack (Pelican Rapids) 6. Matt Peterson (Upsala) 7. Doug Fick (Fergus Falls) 8. Jim Eblen (St. Cloud) 9. Kurt Peterson (Upsala)
1. David Bolstad 2. Dan Bolstad 3. Corey Flynn 4. Josh Christy 5. Marc Rosenow 6. Andy Mayavski 7. Billy Weyer 8. Matt Peterson 9. Alan Thompson 10. John Herrly 11. Chad Burke 12. Bobbi Jo Maras 13. Jay Gronewold 14. Doug Fick 15. Kurt Peterson 16. Tony Hallerman 17. Jim Eblen 18. Craig Maack-DNF 19. Dave Heurung-DNS