SAUK CENTRE, MN (September 4, 2004) - Andy Jirik was nothing but smiles as he exited his truck following his win in the 40 lap Yellow Book USA MidAM Super Truck Feature at the I-94 Raceway in Sauk Centre. Tony Holm got things rolling as he tore...
SAUK CENTRE, MN (September 4, 2004) - Andy Jirik was nothing but smiles as he exited his truck following his win in the 40 lap Yellow Book USA MidAM Super Truck Feature at the I-94 Raceway in Sauk Centre. Tony Holm got things rolling as he tore into the lead. Dominick Brewer brought out the race's only caution when he dumped fluid on the track on lap 16. Holm took the restart, but soon was passed by Tony Brewer for the lead. Jirik stepped up to the second spot and it became a side-by-side race for the lead. Right behind this battle Donnie Woller and Jamie Farrell battled for the next two positions. Jirik was able to spring ahead on lap 27 and over the final few laps, he was able to pull to a safe distance on his way to the checkered flag. Farrell worked his way to second, while Woller came home in third.
It's been over a year, but Tim Olson finally scored a win in the ASA Super Late Model Feature. Molly Rhoads took the lead right away, but after a couple of laps, Jake Jay stepped up to assume the position. Trent Snyder followed along and within a few more laps, Snyder became the new race leader. The car on the move was Olson, as he quietly worked his way to the front from his tenth starting spot. Right behind him was Todd Hansen and the pair caught up with Snyder, making it a three-car race for the lead. Olson moved to the top spot with 12 laps to go as Hansen took over second. The race for the win was a toss up as both Olson and Hansen ran next to each other over the final 10 laps. With one lap to go, both cars crossed the line dead even. Olson maintained his position throughout the final couple of turns and crossed the line, just ahead to score the win.
Kevin Woeste drove the wheels off his car as he hung on to win the Modified Feature. Starting on the pole, Woeste wasted no time zipping off into the lead. A pair of cautions midway through the race allowed John Notch to stay right with Woeste. Notch clung to Woeste's bumper as he looked for a way around. With two laps remaining, the lapped car of Wally Mass put both leaders on their toes. Woeste went low to make the pass, just as Mass's car started to move down. Somehow they managed to avoid each other as Woeste completed the rest of the race unscathed as he went on to take the win. Points leader Notch wasn't too far behind as he took second.
Dirk Henry equaled his car number as he took win number three for the season in the Great North Legends Feature. Starting outside the front row, Henry blasted into the lead, with fellow front row starter Jon Lewerer right behind. Third starting Todd Tracy made it a three-car freight train at the head of the field. The race ran all 20 laps without a caution as Henry led from flag-to-flag on his way to the win. Lewerer and Tracy followed about a car's length back to grab the next two spots.
Rob Dubnecay has been strong the last month as he won again in the Limited Late Model Feature. Gordy Mason slipped by Pat Henry on the opening lap to take the lead. Starting near the back, Dubnecay came flying to the front and within a few laps, he was right behind Mason. With five laps left, Dubnecay pulled off the pass in turn four to take the lead. Mason stayed close, but wouldn't get another shot at the lead as Dubnecay went on to take his sixth win of the year.
Lance Stueve made it to Victory Lane for the first time in his career as he was the big winner in the Thunder Car Feature. Jarmin Henry and Stueve duked it out as the field roared into turn one. Stueve would wrestle the lead away on lap two as Ace Valencour was soon setting up a challenge. Valencour's hopes would end on lap 11, when something broke on the left front of his car. Stueve maintained the lead as the caution waved for a three car wreck in turn one. When the green flag waved, Jerry Messer tried to take a shot at the lead, but Stueve quickly slammed the door on that attempt as he completed the distance and took the win.
Jeremy Fleck took advantage of a few other's misfortunes as he won his eleventh UCAR Feature of the season. Bobbi Jo Maras looked to have the car to beat as she moved to a full straightaway lead. Her bid for a win would disappear on lap 12, when she lost power and had to retire from the race. This handed the lead to Andy Mayavski. Dan Bolstad and Andy Heying moved up as well and it quickly became a three car race. On lap 17, the top three ran three-wide into turn three. As they exited turn four, Bolstad's car pushed up and all three leaders got into each other and into the turn four wall. When the race restarted, Nick Panitzke found himself in the lead, with Fleck right behind. Fleck seized the moment as he took the lead on the backstretch and finished off the last few laps on his way to the win.
I-94 Raceway Results
Sept. 4, 2004
Yellow Book USA MARS Super Trucks
1. Jamie Farrell (17.99 sec.) 2. Andy Jirik (18.13 sec.) 3. Donnie Woller (18.28 sec.) 4. Tony Brewer (18.49 sec.) 5. John Froelich (18.63 sec.) 6. Tony Holm (18.67 sec.)
1. Andy Jirik (Lonsdale) 2. Jamie Farrell (New Prague) 3. Donnie Woller (Merrill, WI) 4. Tony Brewer (Shakopee) 5. John Froelich (Chippewa Falls, WI) 6. Gary Fredrickson (Northfield) 7. John Vig Jr. (Shakopee) 8. Tony Holm (Prior Lake)-DNF 9. Dominick Brewer (Shakopee)-DNF
ASA Super Late Models
1. Trent Snyder (Ironton) 2. Eugene Dick (Watkins) 3. Stacy Rossell (Atwater) 4. Jake Jay (Harris) 5. Jeff Lofquist (Fergus Falls) 6. Molly Rhoads (Hastings)
1. Jon Olson (Hamel) 2. Ritch Johnson (Monticello) 3. Darin Nelson (Isanti) 4. Dave Diel (Hastings) 5. Steve Lamke (Ellsworth, WI) 6. Tony Brewer (Shakopee)
1. Tim Olson (Hamel) 2. Bill Rode (Hudson, WI) 3. Todd Hansen (Minneapolis) 4. Andy Hanson (Ramsey) 5. Joe Berthiaume (Hamel) 6. JR Studniski (St. Joseph)
1. Todd Hansen (17.04 sec.) 2. Joe Berthiaume (17.22 sec.) 3. Tim Olson (17.23 sec.) 4. Andy Hanson (17.29.) 5. Bill Rode (17.37 sec.) 6. JR Studniski (17.46 sec.)
1. Tim Olson 2. Todd Hansen 3. Trent Snyder 4. Bill Rode 5. Stacy Rossell 6. JR Studniski 7. Eugene Dick 8. Andy Hanson 9. Jake Jay 10. Darin Nelson 11. Ritch Johnson 12. Molly Rhoads 13. Dave Diel 14. Tony Brewer 15. Jeff Lofquist 16. Jon Olson-DNF 17. Steve Lamke-DNF 18. Joe Berthiaume-DQ
1. Kevin Woeste (Waite Park) 2. John Gottwald (Paynesville) 3. John Paul Odegaard (Brooklyn Center) 4. Matt Anderson (Atwater) 5. Brady Barker (Grove City) 6. Terry Merten (Sauk Centre) 7. Tim Brockhouse (Shorewood) 8. Wally Mass (Wheaton) 9. Jonathan Olmscheid (Elrosa)-DNF 10. Dave Deters (Sauk Centre)-DNS 11. Dick Graves-DNS
1. John Notch (St. Cloud) 2. Jeff Rohner (Willmar) 3. Joey Johnson (Alexandria) 4. Oren Hoeper (Dalton) 5. Tony Grams (Zimmerman) 6. Jon Lewerer (Coon Rapids)
1. Tony Grams (18.06 sec.) 2. Oren Hoeper (18.11 sec.) 3. Jeff Rohner (18.13 sec.) 4. Jon Lewerer (18.13 sec.) 5. John Notch (18.13 sec.) 6. Joey Johnson (18.18 sec.)
1. Kevin Woeste 2. John Notch 3. Tony Grams 4. Jon Lewerer 5. Joey Johnson 6. Oren Hoeper 7. Jeff Rohner 8. John Gottwald 9. Terry Merten 10. Brady Barker 11. John Paul Odegaard 12. Dick Graves 13. Wally Mass 14. Matt Anderson-DNF 15. Jonathan Olmscheid-DNS 16. Tim Brockhouse-DNS 17. Dave Deters-DNS
Great North Legends
1. Todd Tracy (Belle Plaine) 2. Greg Lohrenz (Chanhassen) 3. Mike Turbes (North Mankato) 4. Matt Hendrickson (Albany) 5. Charlie Balderston (Freeport) 6. Paul Hartman (Willmar) 7. Dave Ewert (Fergus Falls)
1. Scott Brandt (Olivia) 2. Dirk Henry (Sauk Centre) 3. Jamie Walker (Kimball) 4. Zack Davids (Apple Valley) 5. Rollie Davidson (Burnsville) 6. Ray Walker (Kimball) 7. Jonathan Hanson (Willmar)
1. Stan Davis (Maple Grove) 2. Tim Brockhouse (Shorewood) 3. Jaycen Brockhouse (Prior Lake) 4. Jon Lewerer (Coon Rapids) 5. Clint VanHeel (Eden Prairie) 6. Ross Zumbach (Racine)
1. Todd Tracy (19.03 sec.) 2. Jon Lewerer (19.10 sec.) 3. Dirk Henry (19.12 sec.) 4. Matt Hendrickson (19.22 sec.) 5. Jaycen Brockhouse (19.30 sec.) 6. Zach Davids (19.41 sec.)
1. Dirk Henry 2. Jon Lewerer 3. Todd Tracy 4. Tim Brockhouse 5. Zack Davids 6. Jaycen Brockhouse 7. Matt Hendrickson 8. Scott Brandt 9. Paul Hartman 10. Greg Lohrenz 11. Rollie Davidson 12. Stan Davis 13. Charlie Balderston 14. Jamie Walker 15. Mike Turbes 16. Ray Walker 17. Clint VanHeel 18. Jonathan Hanson 19. Ross Zumbach-DNF 20. Dave Ewert-DNF
Limited Late Models
1. Rob Dubnecay (Maple Grove) 2. Gordy Mason (Excelsior) 3. Pete Ingebritson (Farmington) 4. Tony Brockhouse (Glyndon) 5. Pat Henry (Sauk Centre) 6. Jim Larkin (Monticello) 7. Jason Martagon (St. Cloud)-DNF
1. Matt Miller (Glenwood) 2. Ace Valencour (Sauk Centre) 3. Patrick Amelung (St. Joseph) 4. Lance Stueve (Greenwald) 5. Jarmin Henry (Sauk Centre) 6. Mark Milbeck (Erhard) 7. Daryl Harth (Glenwood) 8. Keith Nohner (Grey Eagle) 9. Joe Karl (Osakis)
1. Jim Larkin (Monticello) 2. Jonathan Olmscheid (Elrosa) 3. Jerry Messer (Sauk Centre) 4. Doug Olmscheid (Elrosa) 5. Tim Wojtowicz (Minneapolis) 6. Matt Hoeschen (Sauk Centre) 7. Dan Bergstrom (Brooklyn Center) 8. Pat Henry (Sauk Centre)-DNS
1. Lance Stueve 2. Jerry Messer 3. Matt Miller 4. Jim Larkin 5. Jarmin Henry 6. Doug Olmscheid 7. Mark Milbeck 8. Daryl Harth 9. Keith Nohner 10. Joe Karl 11. Pat Henry 12. Tim Wojtowicz-DNF 13. Patrick Amelung-DNF 14. Dan Bergstrom-DNF 15. Ace Valencour-DNF 16. Matt Hoeschen-DNF 17. Jonathan Olmscheid-DQ
1. Dan Bolstad (Fergus Falls) 2. Jeremy Fleck (Sauk Rapids) 3. Carrie McDougall (Monticello) 4. Andy Mayavski (St. Cloud) 5. Bobbi Maras (Grey Eagle) 6. David Bolstad (Fergus Falls) 7. Billy Weyer (Sartell) 8. Marc Rosenow (Grey Eagle) 9. Craig Maack (Pelican Rapids) 10. Tony Froelich (Chippewa Falls, WI)
1. Alan Thompson (Waite Park) 2. Andy Heying (St. Cloud) 3. Scott Petty (Elk River) 4. Nick Panitzke (Sauk Centre) 5. Ryan Sampson (Fergus Falls) 6. Josh Christi (Sauk Rapids) 7. Matt Peterson (Burtrum) 8. Tony Hallerman (Sauk Centre) 9. Kurt Peterson (Burtrum) 10. Cory Flynn (Alexandria)-DNF
1. Jeremy Fleck 2. David Bolstad 3. Nick Panitzke 4. Scott Petty 5. Billy Weyer 6. Tony Hallerman 7. Ryan Sampson 8. Josh Christi 9. Matt Peterson 10. Andy Mayavski 11. Tony Froelich 12. Andy Heying 13. Carrie McDougall 14. Dan Bolstad-DNF 15. Craig Maack-DNF 16. Marc Rosenow-DNF 17. Bobbi Maras-DNF 18. Alan Thompson-DNF 19. Kurt Peterson-DNS 20. Cory Flynn-DNS