Fredrickson & Woller in The Spotlight at I-94 Raceway SAUK CENTRE, MN (August 7, 2004) - Dan Fredrickson showed why is a top runner anywhere he runs as he won his third Minnesota Late Model Challenge Series event of the year by taking top honors...
Fredrickson & Woller in The Spotlight at I-94 Raceway
SAUK CENTRE, MN (August 7, 2004) - Dan Fredrickson showed why is a top runner anywhere he runs as he won his third Minnesota Late Model Challenge Series event of the year by taking top honors in the Pro-Kart ASA Super Late Model Feature at the I-94 Raceway in Sauk Centre. Gary Mueller looked strong in the early going as he shot into the lead with DJ Dondelinger right behind. Sixth starting Trent Snyder was on the move as he worked his way into second and then challenged Mueller for the lead. Snyder would get close several times, but Mueller would continue to hold him off. Eleventh starting Fredrickson was slowly picking off cars in his march to the front. On lap 18, he moved to second and two laps later, while working lapped traffic, Fredrickson squeezed past Mueller for the lead. A pair of cautions slowed the action a few laps later with the worst incident occurring when Ritch Johnson and Paul Milford got tangled up on the front stretch. Johnson's car ended up on top of Milford's, both drivers were uninjured, but out of the race. Fredrickson took the restart as Todd Hansen fought it out with Mueller for second. The race would be come to a halt on lap 35, when Dean Cornelius' car caught fire briefly, prompting a red flag. The short dash to the finish saw Fredrickson pull to a car's length advantage as he took the Checkered flag over Hansen and late surging Blake Bjorklund. The Minnesota Late Model Challenge Series is a six race series held on three different tracks. Fredrickson had won earlier races at both Raceway Park in Shakopee and the Fergus Falls Raceway.
Donnie Woller loves the I-94 Raceway and he had plenty of reason to as he won the Yellow Book USA Mid-American Super Truck Feature. Outside Polesitter John Froelich took the lead as John Vig Jr. stepped into second, with Woller in third. Froelich moved to a slight advantage as Vig and Woller ran wheel-to-wheel. Woller would take over second, but had a hard time shaking off Vig. Once he was able to break away, Woller ate up Froelich's lead and soon was right on his back bumper. On lap 25, Woller made the low groove pay off as he edged his way into the lead. Woller kept the momentum going as he pulled to a sizeable lead, taking the win 1.60 seconds ahead of Froelich for the win. The Yellow Book USA Mid-American Super Trucks will return to I-94 Raceway on Saturday September 4th to make up the rained-out Fergus Falls Raceway event.
Kevin Woeste has been on a roll and he won again in the Modified Feature. Jon Lewerer showed the way from the get-go as he tore into the lead. Meanwhile, Woeste raced with John Notch and Joey Johnson not far behind. Woeste was able to move into second as Lewerer continued to lead. Woeste closed in and then pulled alongside Lewerer just before the half-way point of the race. This would be put on hold, when Brady Barker spun on the front stretch. When the green waved again, Lewerer and Woeste picked up where they left off, running alongside each other for the lead. This time however, Woeste had the stronger car as he took over the top spot on lap 17. Lewerer and Notch stayed close, but Woeste had the car to beat as he flew to the win.
Rob Dubnecay continued his wining streak as he won the Pro-Kart Limited Late Model Feature. Dubnecay took the lead from the wave of the green as John Vig Jr. pulled up next to him. Vig couldn't make it by, but kept close the entire race. Dubnecay was untouchable however as he led every lap on his way to the win.
Tim Brockhouse said his car never ran so good as he was back in Victory Lane following the Great North Legends Feature. Greg Lohrenz took the lead from the start as fourth starting Brockhouse was soon in second. On lap two, Brockhouse moved to the lead and quickly pulled away from everyone. Brockhouse's lead grew to more than a full straightaway as the race ran without a caution. Dirk Henry and Jon Lewerer ran hard for second the final half of the race as Henry was able to hold onto the position. Back out front, Brockhouse had more than a full straightaway lead by the time he took the Checkered Flag.
Jerry Voigt got the chance to drive Joe Karl's car and he put on a show with it as he won the Thunder Car Feature. Starting on the front row, Voigt moved to the lead right away as he held off Matt Miller. The only caution of the race occurred on lap four, when Ace Valencour and Jarmin Henry tangled in turn two. When the action picked back up again, so did Voigt as he continued to show the way. Patrick Amelung and Jerry Messer ran each other hard for second late in the race, but out front it was all Voigt as he went on to take the win.
Adam Fronning drove hard and made it pay off as he won the UCAR Feature. Alan Thompson took the lead from the start. Fronning moved to his familiar high groove and on lap five, he took the lead. Points Leader Jeremy "The Hornet" Fleck made it by Thompson as well as he climbed to the second spot. Fleck closed in and with two laps to go, the pair were side-by-side as they worked heavy lapped traffic. Fronning held his momentum on the high side while Fleck hung on down low. Fronning had the hand to beat as he took the win by less than a car's length.
I-94 Raceway Results
August 7, 2004
ASA Super Late Models
1. Trent Snyder (Ironton) 2. Joe Berthiaume (Hamel) 3. Gary Mueller (Chisago City) 4. Bill Rode (Hudson, WI) 5. Jon Olson (Hamel) 6. Andy Hanson (Ramsey) 7. Jake Jay (Harris) 8. DJ Dondelinger (Brainerd) 9. Dean Cornelius (Bloomington)
1. Paul Milford (Apple Valley) 2. Josh Farnum (Brooklyn Park) 3. Molly Rhoads (Hastings) 4. Ritch Johnson (Monticello) 5. Jeff Lofquist (Fergus Falls) 6. Brittany Fischer (Villard) 7. Stacy Rossell (Atwater) 8. John Paul Odegaard (Brooklyn Center) 9. Tim Dehaan (Pine City) 10. AJ Rhoads (Hastings)-DNS
1. Tim Olson (Hamel) 2. Todd Hansen (Minneapolis) 3. Blake Bjorklund (Isanti) 4. Dan Fredrickson (Elko) 5. Benny VanCleve (Prior Lake) 6. Eugene Dick (Watkins)
1. Blake Bjorklund (17.00 sec.) 2. Dan Fredrickson (17.03 sec.) 3. Benny VanCleve (17.05 sec.) 4. Eugene Dick (17.10 sec.) 5. Tim Olson (17.11 sec.) 6. Todd Hansen (17.13 sec.)
40 Lap Minnesota Late Model Challenge Series Feature
1. Dan Fredrickson 2. Todd Hansen 3. Blake Bjorklund 4. Gary Mueller 5. Trent Snyder 6. Eugene Dick 7. Bill Rhode 8. Tim Olson 9. Andy Hanson 10. Benny VanCleve 11. Stacy Rossell 12. Jon Olson 13. John Paul Odegaard 14. Jake Jay 15. Molly Rhoads 16. Jeff Lofquist 17. Josh Farnum-DNF 18. DJ Dondelinger-DNF 19. Dean Cornelius-DNF 20. Paul Milford-DNF 21. Ritch Johnson-DNF 22. Tim Dehaan-DNF 23. Brittany Fisscher-DNF 24. Joe Berthiaume-DNF 25. AJ Rhoads-DNS
Yellow Book USA Super Trucks
1. Tony Holm (Prior Lake) 2. Gary Fredrickson (Northfield) 3. Kyle Bauknecht (Reedsville, WI) 4. Tony Brewer (Shakopee) 5. Jamie Farrell (New Prague)
1. Donnie Woller (Merrill, WI) 2. Jon Vig Jr. (Shakopee) 3. Dominic Brewer (Shakopee) 4. John Froelich (Chippewa Falls, WI)
1. Jamie Farrell (17.99 sec.) 2. Donnie Woller (18.13 sec.) 3. Tony Holm (18.23 sec.) 4. John Vig Jr. (18.38 sec) 5. Gary Fredrickson (18.35 sec.) 6. John Froelich (18.38 sec.)
40 Lap Feature
1. Donnie Woller 2. John Froelich 3. John Vig Jr. 4. Jamie Farrell 5. Gary Fredrickson 6. Tony Brewer 7. Kyle Bauknecht-DNF 8. Tony Holm-DNF 9. Dominic Brewer-DNF 10. Jason Schmitt (Savage)-DNS
1. Dave Ostendorf (St. Cloud) 2. Jerry Voigt (Cold Spring) 3. Kevin Woeste (Waite Park) 4. Jeff Rohner (Willmar) 5. Joe Berthiaume (Hamel) 6. Pat Henry (Sauk Centre) 7. Terry Merten (Sauk Centre) 8. Tim Brockhouse (Shorewood)-DNS
1. John Notch (St. Cloud) 2. Joey Johnson (Alexandria) 3. Jon Lewerer (Coon Rapids) 4. Brady Barker (Grove City) 5. Tony Grams (Zimmerman) 6. John Gottwald (Paynesville) 7. Matt Anderson (Atwater) 8. Jonathan Olmscheid (Elrosa)
1. Kevin Woeste 2. Jon Lewerer 3. John Notch 4. Jerry Voigt 5. Tony Grams 6. Joey Johnson 7. Dave Ostendorf 8. Jeff Rohner 9. Terry Merten 10. Brady Barker 11. Matt Anderson 12. Pat Henry 13. John Gottwald 14. Jonathan Olmscheid 15. Joel Berthiaume-DNF 16. Tim Brockhouse-DNS
Great North Legends
1. Dirk Henry (Sauk Centre) 2. Kim Kraus (Prior Lake) 3. Jamie Walker (Kimball) 4. Stan Davis (Maple Grove) 5. Rollie Davidson (Burnsville) 6. Gary Oie (St. Paul) 7. Ray Walker (Kimball) 8. Mike Turbes (North Mankato)-DNS
1. Tim Brockhouse (Shorewood) 2. Greg Lohrenz (Chanhassen) 3. Zack Davids (Apple Valley) 4. Matt Hendrickson (Albany) 5. Paul Hartman (Willmar) 6. Cam Schafer (Glenwood) 7. Jaycen Brockhouse (Prior Lake) 8. Chad Flynn (Alexandria)-DNS
1. Todd Tracy (Belle Plaine) 2. Jon Lewerer (Coon Rapids) 3. Doug Petty (Oak Grove) 4. Bruce Allen (Chanhassen) 5. Preston Dahl 6. Charlie Balderston (Freeport) 7. Robbie Carter (Prior Lake) 8. Rod Flynn (Alexandria)-DNS
1. Tim Brockhouse 2. Dirk Henry 3. Jon Lewerer 4. Greg Lohrenz 5. Kim Kraus 6. Zack Davids 7. Todd Tracy 8. Stan Davis 9. Doug Petty 10. Jaycen Brockhouse 11. Bruce Allen 12. Preston Dahl 13. Rollie Davidson 14. Matt Hendrickson 15. Paul Hartman 16. Jamie Walker 17. Charlie Balderston 18. Gary Oie 19. Ray Walker 20. Cam Schafer 21. Robbie Carter 22. Mike Turbes-DNS 23. Chad Flynn-DNS 24. Rod Flynn-DNS
Limited Late Models
1. Rob Dubnecay (Maple Grove) 2. John Vig Jr. (Shakopee) 3. Pete Ingebritson (Farmington) 4. Jonathan Olmscheid (Elrosa) 5. Greg Michaud (Minnetrista) 6. Gordy Mason (Excelsior)-DNF
1. Ace Valencour (Sauk Centre) 2. Jarmin Henry (Sauk Centre) 3. Patrick Amelung (St. Joseph) 4. Jerry Messer (Sauk Centre) 5. Mark Milbeck (Erhard) 6. Matt Miller (Glenwood) 7. Steve Goar (Champlin) 8. Dan Bergstrom (Champlin)
1. Daryl Harth (Glenwood) 2. Matt Hoeschen (Sauk Centre) 3. Jonathan Olmscheid (Elrosa) 4. Doug Olmscheid (Elrosa) 5. Lance Stueve (Greenwald) 6. Jerry Voigt (Cold Spring) 7. Tim Wojtowicz (Minneapolis) 8. Lawrence Berthiaume (Hamel)-DNF
1. Jerry Voigt 2. Patrick Amelung 3. Jerry Messer 4. Lance Stueve 5. Matt Miller 6. Jonathan Olmscheid 7. Matt Hoeschen 8. Mark Milbeck 9. Daryl Harth 10. Doug Olmscheid 11. Tim Wojtowicz 12. Dan Bergstrom 13. Steve Goar 14. Ace Valencour-DNF 15. Jarmin Henry- DNF 16. Lawrence Berthiaume-DNF
1. David Bolstad (Fergus Falls) 2. Doug Fick (Fergus Falls) 3. Adam Fronning (Dalton) 4. Billy Weyer (Sartell) 5. Nick Panitzke (Sauk Centre) 6. Jay Gronewold (Fergus Falls) 7. Craig Maack (Pelican Rapids) 8. Kris Wensmann (Burtrum) 9. Dan Bolstad (Fergus Falls)-DNF 10. Andy Mayavski (St. Cloud)-DNF 11. Troy Nelson-DNS
1. Jeremy Fleck (Sauk Rapids) 2. Andy Heying (St. Cloud) 3. Carrie McDougall (Monticello) 4. Matt Peterson (Burtrum) 5. Alan Thompson (Waite Park) 6. Bobbi Maras (Grey Eagle) 7. Tony Hallerman (Sauk Centre) 8. Curt Peterson (Burtrum) 9. Josh Christi (Sauk Rapids) 10. Jesse Dreschel (Fergus Falls) 11. Corey Flynn (Alexandria)-DNS 12. Scott Petty (Elk River)-DNS
1. Adam Fronning 2. Jeremy Fleck 3. David Bolstad 4. Andy Heying 5. Dan Bolstad 6. Alan Thompson 7. Nick Panitzke 8. Billy Weyer 9. Carrie Mcdougall 10. Bobbi Maras 11. Jay Gronewold 12. Matt Peterson 13. Andy Mayavski 14. Craig Maack 15. Doug Fick 16. Josh Christi 17. Tony Hallerman 18. Curt Peterson 19. Jesse Dreschel 20. Kris Wensmann 21. Troy Nelson-DNS 22. Corey Flynn-DNS 23. Scott Petty-DNS