Roach Opens Up Fergus Falls Raceway FERGUS FALLS, MN (June 3, 2005) - Bryan Roach christened the new season at the Fergus Falls Raceway the best way he could, with a win in the ASA Super Late Model Feature. Andy Hanson and Jeff Lofquist fought...
Roach Opens Up Fergus Falls Raceway
FERGUS FALLS, MN (June 3, 2005) - Bryan Roach christened the new season at the Fergus Falls Raceway the best way he could, with a win in the ASA Super Late Model Feature. Andy Hanson and Jeff Lofquist fought it out on the opening lap as Lofquist pulled away with the lead. Hanson ran alongside and tried to make a pass. Lofquist maintained the lead as Hanson spun in turn one, to bring out the race's only caution on lap nine. On the restart, Roach mounted his challenge and he edged his way into the lead. Lofquist stayed close, but couldn't retake the lead as Roach rolled onto the win.
It's been quite a while since Rich Snyder drove a Modified at the Fergus Falls Raceway, but it all came back to him rather quickly as he won the Modified Feature. Starting on the pole, Snyder shot off with Joey Johnson in tow. Johnson stayed glued to Snyder the entire race, but the rear bumper would be as far as he would get as Snyder led every lap on his way to the win.
Jaycen Brockhouse led a family sweep of the top two spots in the Great North Legends Feature. Brockhouse started on the pole and held onto the lead as Zac Davids and Tim Brockhouse were hot on his tail. Kasey Kurtz brought out the first caution of the race when he spun in turn two, nearly hitting the wall. When the green waved again, Davids pressured Jaycen Brockhouse, but the yellow would fly again a few laps later for debris. The restart again saw Davids looking to make a pass. Tim Brockhouse came back from pitting earlier in the race to get by Davids late in the race. Jaycen held on as Tim made an attempt to slide into the lead out of the final turn. That effort would come up short as Jaycen beat his father to the line for the win.
Kurt Kort gave the hometown fans something to cheer about as he won the Thunder Car Feature. Chris Harig took the lead from the start, but Kort moved by on lap three. Mark Milbeck took the second spot as Harig fell to third as the top three broke away from the rest of the field. The front trio would stay close the rest of the way as Kort went on to the win.
David Bolstad has been on fire since picking up his first career win last season and he added to his trophy collection with the win in the UCAR Feature. Dan Bolstad started from the pole and soon had brother David right alongside. David inched ahead on lap five as the brothers continued to battle it out. As the race wore on, David was able to distance himself by a couple of car lengths to take the win. Dan finished second, with Dean Baker, Jay Gronewold and Jesse Dreschel rounding out the top five.
Tom Weinhandl took the inaugural win in the new Pure Stock Class. Justin Kort led the charge into the first turn, but by the end of the opening lap, Dustin Karl came away with the lead. Weinhandl moved to second and then pulled off the pass on lap five. Kort rallied late in the race to take second, but didn't have enough to get by Weinhandl who locked down the win.
Fergus Falls Raceway Results
June 3, 2005
ASA Super Late Models
1. Bryan Roach (Becker) 2. Rick Harig (Underwood) 3. Jason Rund (Fergus Falls) 4. Jeff Lofquist (Fergus Falls) 5. Andy Hanson (Ramsey) 6. Molly Rhoads (Hastings) 7. Pat Maloney (Alexandria)
1. Bryan Roach 2. Jeff Lofquist 3. Andy Hanson 4. Jason Rund 5. Rick Harig 6. Molly Rhoads 7. Pat Maloney
1. Joey Johnson (Alexandria) 2. Rich Snyder (Alexandria) 3. Oren Hoeper (Dalton) 4. Jason Hintermeister (Garfield) 5. Shawn Robinson (Fergus Falls) 6. Corey Flynn (Alexandria)-DNS
1. Rich Snyder 2. Joey Johnson 3. Oren Hoeper 4. Jason Hintermeister 5. Shawn Robinson 6. Corey Flynn-DNS
Great North Legends
1. Tim Brockhouse (Shorewood) 2. Matt Hendrickson (Albany) 3. Scott Petty (Elk River) 4. Robby Carter (Prior Lake) 5. Kasey Kurtz (Fergus Falls) 6. Rick Dubay (Coon Rapids)-DNF 7. Rollie Davidson (Eagan)-DNF
1. Zac Davids (Apple Valley) 2. Jaycen Brockhouse (Shorewood) 3. Chad Flynn (Alexandria) 4. Tyler Sjoman (Alexandria) 5. Dirk Henry (Sauk Centre) 6. Patrick Brejcha (Alexandria) 7. Gary Oie (St. Paul) 8. Dave Ewert (Fergus Falls)
1. Jaycen Brockhouse 2. Tim Brockhouse 3. Zac Davids 4. Rick Dubay 5. Dirk Henry 6. Robby Carter 7. Scott Petty 8. Tyler Sjoman 9. Gary Oie 10. Dave Ewert 11. Chad Flynn 12. Patrick Brejcha 13. Rollie Davidson 14. Kasey Kurtz-DNF 15. Matt Hendrickson-DNF
1. Chris Harig (Fergus Falls) 2. Kurt Kort (Fergus Falls) 3. Mark Milbeck (Erhard) 4. Deon Roth (Fergus Falls) 5. Jobie Gutzmer (Erhard) 6. Darren Werner (Breckenridge)-DNS 7. Matt Milbeck (Erhard)-DNS
1. Kurt Kort 2. Mark Milbeck 3. Chris Harig 4. Matt Milbeck 5. Deon Roth 6. Jobie Gutzmer-DNF 7. Darren Werner-DNS
1. David Bolstad (Fergus Falls) 2. Dean Baker (Fergus Falls) 3. Dan Bolstad (Fergus Falls) 4. Jay Gronewold (Fergus Falls) 5. Doug Fick (Fergus Falls) 6. Jesse Dreschel (Fergus Falls) 7. Jason Lofquist (Fergus Falls) 8. Craig Maack (Pelican Rapids)-DNF
1. David Bolstad 2. Dan Bolstad 3. Dean Baker 4. Jay Gronewold 5. Jesse Dreschel 6. Craig Maack 7. Jason Lofquist 8. Doug Fick-DNS
1. Tom Weinhandl (Henning) 2. Justin Kort (Fergus Falls) 3. Rick Hoeper Jr. (Fergus Falls) 4. Dustin Karl (Osakis)