Butch Miller Indianapolis Raceway Park Pressure at Home: * ASI Limited is the presenting sponsor for this weekend's race at Indianapolis Raceway Park. * The team is based in Indianapolis and will be running together for the first time in...
Indianapolis Raceway Park
Pressure at Home:
* ASI Limited is the presenting sponsor for this weekend's race at Indianapolis Raceway Park.
* The team is based in Indianapolis and will be running together for the first time in front of many family members, friends and co-workers. Team Owner, Ken Smith
* "We have extremely high expectations for his weekend at home." Driver, Butch Miller
* "Ken is helping to sponsor this race. This has got to be the most important race of the year for this team. The company is based in Indianapolis, all of Ken's employees will be at the race, so there is a lot of pressure to run well this weekend." Crew Chief, Deon Deneau
* "The home track always adds a little pressure. My parents from Canada will be there as will a lot of the associates from ASI Limited, so you always want to do your best and show 'em what you're made of."
* "I like racing at IRP. It's a fun crowd, and I've had worked on some really good cars there."
History at IRP: Driver, Butch Miller
* "We tested really well at IRP at the beginning of the season, and we're going back with the same set-up. The team has a great package for the weekend."
* "I used to race at IRP on Friday nights back in the 80's, so I've been on the track quite a few times. I think I even won a few ASA races there. It's one of my favorite tracks." Crew Chief, Deon Deneau
* "We had a good test at IRP earlier this season. But, tracks change over the summer, so we're hoping to go back with our testing set-up and it will work again."
* "You have to look at all the possibilities at the track and have options in your back pocket to throw at it."
* "Butch has done really well at IRP in the past, and I'm looking forward to a great weekend."
* "I want to win this weekend. I'm doing everything I can to make it happen for the team. I think we're close to a win." Team Owner, Ken Smith
* "IRP was the first place we tested with Butch this season. We know the track. We're ready."
After struggling for a couple of weekends, the ASI Limited got back on track with a top five finish at Illiana. Team Owner, Ken Smith
* "Last weekend, we got the car running back where we needed it to be. It's right back into our consistent form."
* "We raised the bar this season, and it's backfired on us a little bit. We made people work hard to win and we became the team to beat. Other teams were able to test more and got faster, we had a hard time catching back up." Crew Chief, Deon Deneau
* "We were pretty down going into the weekend and had to struggle to find the set-up for the car, so to come back and get a top-five finish was great for the team. It tells us that we're headed in the right direction." Driver, Butch Miller
* "We ran well, but didn't have the car to win. Deon called a good race and got us in the top five by making the right calls in the pits."
Meet Butch Miller:
* On September 27, Butch Miller will be available for autographs and pictures from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. at ASI Limited Headquarters, 7150 Winton Road, Indianapolis, Indiana 46268.
2002 ASI Limited Racing Statistics
* ASI Limited Racing has three wins, one second and two third place finishes in eleven attempts with driver, Butch Miller. With Miller behind the wheel, the team has seven top five finishes.
* The team has won the pole four times this season and has not started a race lower than third place with Miller.
* ASI Limited Racing has completed 3193 of 3200 race laps attempted with Miller.
* With 47 career ASA poles, ASI Limited driver, Butch Miller, is two poles from becoming the number one qualifier in ASA history.