2003 Berlin Raceway Driver Contingency Program doubles to $46,000 in second year. MARNE, MI -- Berlin Raceway's driver contingency program, which was created in 2002 to reward drivers for performance-based criteria, has doubled in size in its...
2003 Berlin Raceway Driver Contingency Program doubles to $46,000 in second year.
MARNE, MI -- Berlin Raceway's driver contingency program, which was created in 2002 to reward drivers for performance-based criteria, has doubled in size in its second year. After awarding drivers more than $20,000 in its inaugural season, the contingency program will award more than $46,000 in product and gift certificates to drivers in the weekly Coors Light Late Model, Engine Pro Super Stock and Hitches By George Sportsman divisions in 2003. Many area and national businesses have joined the program, which is detailed below:
1. Engine Pro is gaining support from all of their suppliers to give engine rebuilding parts and certificates to winners of each division each night as well as at the driver awards banquet. Featured items that will be given to winners include Comp Cams, Fel-Pro Gaskets, Hastings Performance Rings, Accel Performance Wires, Clevite77 Bearings, Dart Heads and Dura-Bond Performance Cam Bearings. Value $25,000
2. Valvoline will give an Eagle One variety pack to each winner in every division all season long. Valvoline will also present the "Hard Charger Award" (the driver who advances the most positions from start to finish) in each division each night with a case of 20W50 racing oil. The overall Hard Charger winners for 2003 will receive $500 in product at the driver awards banquet. Value overall $6,000.
3. Lane/K&N Challenge - Winners of all races (heats, features, consolations) of the weekly shows on May 3 and June 7 receive $100 gift certificates for K&N Engineering products at Lane Automotive of Watervliet, MI. All winners plus their crew members on these two dates also receive caps, and winners' photos will be published in Lane/K&N Challenge advertising in racing publications and newsletters. Lane Automotive will also be giving away $1000 in gift certificates to drivers at the year-end awards banquet. Total Value $5,000.
4. Impact Racing, Bill Simpson's new company, is awarding the third and eighth place finishers in each division on six selected nights with one of the following items (items rotate each night): a pair of driver's gloves, a helmet bag or a gear bag. At the 2003 Drivers Banquet, a Charger helmet will be given to the driver from each division who creates the biggest IMPACT in the points race during the year as selected by committee. Value: $3,200.
5. AFCO Racing presents "The Lucky 7" program. The seventh place finisher in each division on six selected dates will win a $50 product certificate. Additionally, at the 2003 Drivers Banquet, the first, fifth and 10th place finishers in each division will win $100, $50 and $50 product certificates respectively. Product certificates are redeemable at any of the AFCO Racing dealers in Michigan. Value: $1,500.
6. 5 Star Stock Car Bodies of Twin Lakes, WI, will award a complete body to the 2003 Engine Pro Super Stock Champion. and a $250 gift certificate to the 2003 Hitches By George Sportsman Champion. Value $1,450.
7. Bassett Racing Wheel of Burlington, WI, will award a $100 certificate towards the purchase of four wheels to the points champions and rookies of the year in each division, a $50 certificate towards the purchase of four wheels to the fifth and 10th place points finishers in each division, and a $50 certificate towards the purchase of two wheels to the mid-season points leaders in each division. Value: $1,050.
8. The Sleep Doctor of Grand Rapids will present a queen size mattress and box spring to the "Sleeper of the Year" (most surprising drive). Value: $900.
9. Howe Racing will give the highest finishing driver in each division a Howe Cool radiator or four premium precision ball joints. Value: $800.
10. Mitler Supply Co. of Grand Rapids will present a Lincoln welder to the 2003 Berlin Raceway Scott Baker Sportsman Award winner. Value: $700.
11. Professional Metal Finishers of Grand Rapids will give a powder coating for a stock car chassis and roll cage to the driver who is unfortunate enough to receive the "Hardest Crash" award at the 2003 Drivers Banquet.. Approximate value: $400.