Mark Kinser Tops "Salute To The King'S Royal" Poll KNOXVILLE, IOWA (JULY 8, 2001) - Mark Kinser of Oolitic, Ind., is back on top of the sprint car world in the "Salute to the King's Royal" rankings as voted by the National 410 Sprint Car...
Mark Kinser Tops "Salute To The King'S Royal" Poll
KNOXVILLE, IOWA (JULY 8, 2001) - Mark Kinser of Oolitic, Ind., is back on top of the sprint car world in the "Salute to the King's Royal" rankings as voted by the National 410 Sprint Car Poll voting panel of manufacturers, media members, promoters and sanctioning officials. Kinser, pilot of his dad's Mopar-sponsored sprinter, earned nineteen (19) of the twenty-nine (29) first-place ballots cast. Although Mark is currently battling second-ranked Danny Lasoski in the Pennzoil World of Outlaws (WoO) Series point standings, the voters in the Summer edition of the poll have established Kinser as the favorite to win the July 21st $50,000-to-win King's Royal sprint car championship at Earl Baltes' Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio.
Lasoski, who topped the Spring edition of the poll, earned four (4) first place votes. The Hamm America-sponsored Lasoski narrowly edged defending National Sprint Car Poll "Driver of the Year" Steve Kinser of Bloomington, Ind., who also claimed three (3) first place votes. Rounding out the top five drivers are Donny Schatz of Minot, N.D., with three (3) first place votes, and Craig Dollansky of Elk River, Minn.
Andy Hillenburg of Oklahoma is ranked sixth, followed by central Pennsylvania hotshoe Lance Dewease, part-time WoO racer Sammy Swindell of Tennessee, Jeff Shepard of Maryland, and Pennsylvania Posse member Fred Rahmer, respectively. Hillenburg and Shepard, like the top five drivers, are regulars with Ted Johnson's tough coast-to-coast WoO tour.
The National 410 Sprint Car Poll is an official awards program of the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame & Museum Foundation, Inc. Other polls include the National 360 Sprint Car Poll, the National Non-Winged Sprint Car Poll, and the Australian National Sprintcar Poll. <pre> Summer National 410 Sprint Car Poll: "Salute to the King's Royal"
Rank Driver (First Place Votes) Hometown/State Points
1. Mark Kinser (19) Oolitic, IN 2,310 2. Danny Lasoski ( 4) Higginsville, MO 1,420 3. Steve Kinser ( 3) Bloomington, IN 1,325 4. Donny Schatz ( 3) Minot, ND 865 5. Craig Dollansky Elk River, MN 626
6. Andy Hillenburg Broken Arrow, OK 460 7. Lance Dewease Mount Alto, PA 351 8. Sammy Swindell Cordova, TN 304 9. Jeff Shepard Upperco, MD 285 10. Fred Rahmer Salfordville, PA 209
11. Joey Saldana Brownsburg, IN 166 12. Stevie Smith New Oxford, PA 163 13. Terry McCarl Pleasant Hill, IA 142 14. Chad Kemenah Findlay, OH 110 15. Paul McMahan Oroville, CA 104
16. Brad Furr Dublin, CA 95 17. Brent Kaeding Campbell, CA 93 18. Tim Shaffer Aliquippa, PA 67 19. Danny Wood Norman, OK 63 20. Kenny Jacobs Holmesville, OH 62
21. Todd Shaffer Millerstown, PA 40 22. Randy Hannagan San Jose, CA 28 23. Dale Blaney Fowler, OH 23 24. Johnny Herrera Tempe, AZ 20 tie Gary Wright Hooks, TX 20
Also receiving multiple votes: Don Droud (Jr.), Rodney Duncan, Cris Eash, Gary Fedewa, Donny Goeden, Jac Haudenschild, Greg Hodnett, Dean Jacobs, Tim Kaeding, Keith Kauffman, Steve Kent, Jason Meyers, Dave Moulis, Daryn Pittman, Byron Reed, Joe Roe, Greg Wilson.