Kevin Thomas Jr. Ends Impressive Rookie Season -- Looks Forward to 2008 Tampa, FL -- Kevin Thomas Jr. finished 6th in the 2007 Hoosier Midwest Sprint Car Series points standings -- his first year of competition in the series. Also, Kevin made...
Kevin Thomas Jr. Ends Impressive Rookie Season -- Looks Forward to 2008
Tampa, FL -- Kevin Thomas Jr. finished 6th in the 2007 Hoosier Midwest Sprint Car Series points standings -- his first year of competition in the series. Also, Kevin made his USAC debut in July at Lawrenceburg Speedway, and ran select events throughout the remainder of the season.
Kevin Thomas Jr. is showing skill and talent way beyond what a typical 16 year old race driver should possess, especially in an 800 horsepower sprint car. Along the way Kevin hopes to earn the respect from his competitors.
"This entire year was an awesome learning experience -- getting to race against some of the best on dirt is an honor. My goal this year was to learn as much as I could and try to earn as much respect as possible," said Kevin Thomas Jr.
KT Motorsports, which is owned and operated by Kevin Thomas Sr., ran the entire 2007 race season using one chassis and motor, which is another example of Kevin Jr.'s ability to drive smart and stay out of trouble.
Kevin Sr., who raced himself growing up, is excited about what next year holds for his son. "I'm proud of Kevin (Jr.) and what he accomplished this year. A majority of the teams we were racing against are established with good sponsors, yet Kevin (Jr.) was just as competitive. In 2008 we debut a new chassis and the goal is to win races and compete for a championship," said car owner and father, Kevin Thomas Sr.
Below are a few of his 2007 highlights:
* 1st race in a sprint car (44 cars on hand) qualifies for A Main, runs in top 10 most of night - finished 16th
* Qualified for every A Main in the Bell Helmet Shootout Series
* Finishes 7th in Bell Helmet Shootout Series Points
* Had 7th quickest time at Bloomington during USAC Sprint Week, (53 cars on hand). Drove 40 of 50 laps with no brakes -- finished 6th in A Main
* $10,000 to win at Lawrenceburg, (71 cars), 2nd place in heat (lead 10 of 12 laps), 10th place in A Main (50 laps)
* Finished 6th in MSCS points (despite not going to first two shows)
Kevin Thomas Jr. has been racing in a variety of sports, in numerous divisions since 1999, including this season in the Hoosier Midwest Sprint Car Series and USAC -- he will continue running both in 2008.