Old Knoxville Shooting Star: Jason Meyers Knoxville Nationals Facts All Star It is just a week away from the first night of the 50th running of Knoxville Nationals Qualifying and with Jason Meyers drawing Wednesday night as his qualifying...
Shooting Star: Jason Meyers Knoxville Nationals Facts All Star It is just a week away from the first night of the 50th running of Knoxville Nationals Qualifying and with Jason Meyers drawing Wednesday night as his qualifying night, here are a few fast facts about Meyers and his Elite Racing crew at Knoxville:
* Meyer's claimed his best Knoxville Nationals finish in 2008 when he finished second to Donny Schatz. Meyers, who started alongside pole-sitter Danny Lasoski on the front row, quickly charged to the lead and set a blistering pace on the high side of the historic half-mile oval leading the first 25 laps of the race. After a caution flag Meyers drove to the top of the track in Turns 1 and 2 with Schatz looking at the bottom. Schatz then went to the top and raced past Meyers coming off of Turn 4 with five laps to go. Meyers would fight back, but have to settle for the runner-up position.
* In 8 A-main starts in the Knoxville Nationals Meyers has 7 top-10 finishes. In those 7 races Meyers averaged a 6th place finish, finishing in the top-5 four times. Last year, Meyers finished 24th after a couple of flat tires ended his night early.
* Even though Meyers has yet to win a Knoxville Nationals title, he has three career wins at the famed racetrack. His first came in 2001 in World of Outlaws competition. Then in 2003, Meyers returned to win an All Star race in Knoxville. Meyer's last win on the famous half-mile came in 2006 in a weekly race at the track. Meyers placed 2nd and 14th at the two World of Outlaws races held at Knoxville this June.
* Meyers will be competing in his 10th Knoxville Nationals this year. His first attempt to make Nationals was in 2000. Although he did not make it to the feature in his first attempt, Meyers did place fifth in the C-main. Since then Meyers has competed in every Nationals, except for in 2002 when he only competed in the preliminary night.
* This will be the 6th year that Jason Meyers and Allstar Performance have teamed up for Knoxville Nationals. The partnership began after his first visit to the Lane Automotive facility in 2004. Following the visit, Meyers decided to run an Allstar decal on his car that evening in an effort to show the team's appreciation for the hospitality and support that they had been showed by the Lane Group. Since that evening, the two have worked side-by-side.
* On Tuesday August 10th Elite Racing and Allstar Performance will be unveiling the #14 car's special paint scheme for the 50th running of Knoxville Nationals at 2:00 pm at the Sprint Car Hall of Fame.
* As a part of the Alliance between Allstar Performance and Elite racing, a new limited edition 1/18 die-cast and 1/64 die-cast of the 2010 Knoxville Nationals car will be available to fans and racing enthusiasts alike at the Meyer's Merchandise Trailer during the 50th running of the Knoxville Nationals.