* Hickory Speedway, New Castle, Pa Speedway owner and promoter, Vern Hawley has announced numerous changes to the facility and schedule. The big news is that racing will no longer just occur on Saturday night like it alway has, the track will...
* Hickory Speedway, New Castle, Pa Speedway owner and promoter, Vern Hawley has announced numerous changes to the facility and schedule. The big news is that racing will no longer just occur on Saturday night like it alway has, the track will now operate on a Friday and Saturday night schedule. Friday night will be the micro sprints will Saturday will be the modifieds and the 360 sprints.
* Look for the legendary Smokey Snellbaker to be back in the Harlod & Phil Long Super Sportsman in the 1996 racing at Silver Springs Speedway and on the series tour.
* Rick Hench has parted ways with with the Bomberger #5 and will field his own cars in 1996. Meanwhile the driver for the Sally and John Bomberger #5 will be Trevor Utt who piloted the car before Hench.
* The 1996 4th Annual Western, PA All Star Sprint Speedweek will be without two speedways that have been on the cicuit for the first three years. Gone are the Hickory Speedway and Sportsman Speedway. In are Port Royal and Tri-City Speedway if Franklin, PA.
* Dan Dietrich will be back in the Ralph and Deb Taylor # 39 racing weekly at Williams Grove on Friday and Lincoln on Saturday. However, the team has a new major sponsor, Salem Spring Landscaping Company.
* Kenny Jacobs broke his wrist in Australia while on a motorcycle away from the track which means he will not be racing in Florida in February. Taking his place is Kieth Kauffman. Jacobs is expected to be back right after Florida in the Ashworth # 92 and Kauffman will return to Central PA to run the weekly shows at Lincoln and Williams Grove in the Scarpitta # 59.
* Miller Brothers Chevrolet of Ellicott City, MD, E & G Classic's and Chris Eash have announced they will be back in 1996. They will race weekly at the Grove and Lincoln in a white # 17 Maxim chasisis powered by Kriner Racing engines.
* Central PA's Brian Paulus will be a full time competitor with WoO in 1996. The P and P Motorsport entries willl be two Gambler chassis with Kriner Racing Engines.
* Eastern Museum of Motor Racing (EEMR) will be benifiting from a PA Speedweek show this year run at Silver Spring. At the Latimore Valley Fairgrounds they are gearing up for the season. They kick off their Spring picnic on the fairgrounds May 11, with a vintage race on the 12th. Then in June they host another show and exhibit at Port Royal.
* Hagerstown will open with sprints and late models on February 25th.
* Lance Dewease and his crew are getting ready for Florida. Lance and Dyer have made a leal that if Lance wins Volusia this year, that Walt will let Renne Dewease (who is a hairdresser) shave off all of his hair in victory lane, so he can look like Michael Jordon.
* Jeff Thompson appears to be returning to racing in the DennyNeiderer # 10 car this year after leaving the sport last year.
Hope you enjoyed the news. I just can not wait to get to the track and smell those sweet aromas associated with Sprint Car Racing!
Questions or comments, drop me an email. My email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
This might not be the same address I had at the end of last year so check your address books.