Blaney Rockets to 4th Ohio Speedweek Title with Eldora Win ROSSBURG, OH (7-1-06) -- When asked last Sunday night at Attica if he had another Speedweek Championship left in him, Dale Blaney responded by saying, "We'll see come Saturday night." ...
Blaney Rockets to 4th Ohio Speedweek Title with Eldora Win
ROSSBURG, OH (7-1-06) -- When asked last Sunday night at Attica if he had another Speedweek Championship left in him, Dale Blaney responded by saying, "We'll see come Saturday night." Going into the final Speedweek race at Eldora Speedway, Blaney had a 2 point lead over Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. and a 12 point lead over Greg Wilson. At the end of the night, Blaney did in fact add one more Speedweek title to his resume.
"I have to give the credit to the guys on my crew and (owner) George Fisher," said Blaney from victory lane. "They gave me a really good car all week long with a good motor. I'm just the guy who is lucky enough to be sitting in this thing driving it."
Australian visitor Troy Little set quick time in Huggins Cams qualifying at his first ever visit to the speedway. He then turned in a fifth place finish behind Blaney, Wilson, Ed Lynch Jr., and Butch Schroeder.
Wilson started on the front row along side Danny Smith but when the green flag dropped it was Schroeder and Blaney who were on the move to the front. Blaney, who started 5th, followed Schroeder and Lynch to the front as Schroeder took the early lead from Wilson.
Blaney then hounded Wilson for 2nd as Lynch and Little battled side by side behind them. Blaney seemed to get faster as the laps went on and he got by Wilson and chased down Schroeder in lapped traffic as he dove under him and put a patented Eldora slide job on the leader and began to pull away.
Wilson kept them in his sights and navigated traffic on the high side of the track with the right rear scuffing the concrete through the turns giving him the momentum he needed to catch Schroeder and Blaney who exchanged the lead several times ahead of him.
At the halfway point, Dean Jacobs caught Troy Little and was going for the pass on the high side when Mike Miller spun in turn two and collected Jacobs and ended his night. Ricky Stenhouse Jr., who started 13th was now up to 6th place on the restart.
Schroeder led Blaney to the green flag, but Blaney got past him and began to pull away as Wilson caught Schroeder for 2nd with a slide job in turn one. He kept to the high side and reeled in Blaney who was a straightaway ahead.
With 5 laps to go, Wilson was along side of Blaney challenging for the lead as he worked the high side and the low side giving Blaney a run for the money. With just one lap to go, Wilson was on his bumper coming off of turn 2 setting up what would be one last challenge through turns 3 and 4 for the win. It would not happen as the caution flew one last time for Ricky Stenhouse Jr.'s blown right rear tire.
On the restart, Blaney looked like he was shot from a cannon with no traffic to contend with and went on to win the race and his 4th Ohio Sprint Speedweek title.
A disappointed Wilson said, "That last caution killed us. I think I would have had him going into 3, but that's the way racing goes. Dale Blaney is one of the fastest and most consistent drivers in the country and he earned it."
Tim Hunter won the B-main followed by Barry Ruble, Bobby Clark, and Neil Shepherd. Clark the drove from 21st to 7th in the A-main, winning the Hard Charger award for the evening.
Butch Schroeder won the All Star Haulmark Dash followed by Blaney, Wilson, Brock Mayes, Danny Smith, and Ron Blair.
The All Stars would like to thank our Speedweek sponsors KS Sales & Service, Crown Battery, Racing Fans Direct, and Outerwears Pre-Filters for being a part of Ohio Sprint Speedweek and supporting sprint car racing and the All Stars.
The All Stars will be back in action Friday July 7th at Lawrenceburg Speedway for the re-scheduled co-sanctioned show with the World of Outlaws. The event was rained out earlier this season.
Visit the All Star web site at www.allstarsprint.com for series info and the 2006 Merchandise Online Store. More items are being added including seat cushions and ladies apparel, the All Stars vs. the Outlaws Showdown shirts and the 2006 Ohio Speedweek shirts.
All Stars - Statistical Report -- Eldora Speedway - 7-1-06
Huggins Cams Qualifying
1. 20AU-Troy Little, 13.627; 2. 2-Dale Blaney, 13.661; 3. 2l-Ed Lynch Jr., 13.679; 4. 7k-Butch Schroeder, 13.803; 5. 4-Danny Smith, 13.848; 6. w20-Greg Wilson, 13.873; 7. 11b-Brock Mayes, 13.881; 8. 35-Ron Blair, 13.946; 9. 2h-Tim Hunter, 13.970; 10. 29-Dean Jacobs, 14.058; 11. 71m-Paul May, 14.094; 12. 63-Barry Ruble, 14.104; 13. 40R-Ricky Stenhouse Jr., 14.110; 14. 7C-Darren Long, 14.135; 15. 82-Mike Miller, 14.162; 16. 70-Kevin Huntley, 14.197; 17. 34-Luke Hall, 14.208; 18. 11m-Brandon Martin, 14.313; 19. 4n-Neil Shepherd, 14.326; 20. 1a-Mark Aldrich, 14.332; 21. 5b-Chad Blonde, 14.458; 22. 8c-Bobby Clark, 14.472; 23. 20e-Brian Ellenberger, 14.635; 24. 7b-Jamie Miller, 14.699; 25. 16x-Lee Stark, 15.051; 26. 12m-James Mosher, 15.444; 27. 22B-Ben Gregg, 18.318; 28. 92-Rob Chaney, NT; 29. 18-Scott Reilly, NT
Heat 1 - Outerwears Pre-filters
1. 40R-Ricky Stenhouse Jr.; 2. 70-Kevin Huntley; 3. 7K-Butch Schroeder; 4. 29-Dean Jacobs; 5. 20AU-Troy Little; 6. 11B-Brock Mayes; 7. 8C-Bobby Clark; 8. 16X-Lee Stark; 9. 4N-Neil Shepherd; 10. 92-Rob Chaney;
Heat 2 - B&B Oval Track Products
1. 7C-Darren Long; 2. 2-Dale Blaney; 3. 71M-Paul May; 4. 4-Danny Smith; 5. 20E-Brian Ellenberger; 6. 35-Ron Blair; 7. 34-Luke Hall; 8. 1A-Mark Aldrich; 9. 12M-James Mosher; 10. 18-Scott Reilly;
Heat 3 - Engler Machine & Tool
1. 2L-Ed Lynch Jr.; 2. W20-Greg Wilson; 3. 82-Mike Miller; 4. 5B-Chad Blonde; 5. 7B-Jamie Miller; 6. 11M-Brandon Martin; 7. 63-Barry Ruble; 8. 22B-Ben Gregg; 9. 2H-Tim Hunter;
1. 7K-Butch Schroeder; 2. 2-Dale Blaney; 3. W20-Greg Wilson; 4. 11B-Brock Mayes; 5. 4-Danny Smith; 6. 35-Ron Blair;
B-main - University of Northwest Ohio
1. 2H-Tim Hunter; 2. 63-Barry Ruble; 3. 8C-Bobby Clark; 4. 4N-Neil Shepherd; 5. 22B-Ben Gregg; 6. 1A-Mark Aldrich; 7. 16X-Lee Stark; 8. 34-Luke Hall; 9. 12M-James Mosher; 10. 92-Rob Chaney; 11. 18-Scott Reilly;
A-main - MSD Ignition - Starting Position 
1. 2-Dale Blaney; 2. w20-Greg Wilson; 3. 2l-Ed Lynch Jr.; 4. 7k-Butch Schroeder; 5. 20AU-Troy Little; 6. 2h-Tim Hunter; 7. 8c-Bobby Clark; 8. 11b-Brock Mayes; 9. 71m-Paul May; 10. 20e-Brian Ellenberger; 11. 11m-Brandon Martin; 12. 7C-Darren Long; 13. 7b-Jamie Miller; 14. 35-Ron Blair; 15. 4n-Neil Shepherd; 16. 63-Barry Ruble; 17. 22B-Ben Gregg; 18. 1a-Mark Aldrich; 19. 40R-Ricky Stenhouse Jr.; 20. 5b-Chad Blonde; 21. 29-Dean Jacobs; 22. 82-Mike Miller; 23. 4-Danny Smith; 24. 70-Kevin Huntley;