ONE-FIVE-ONE: Rahmer Nets Historical Win at Lincoln ABBOTTSTOWN, PA (6-16-07) Fast Freddie Rahmer wrote another page in the Central PA history books by picking up his 151st career win at Lincoln Speedway. He did it in front of a packed house as...
ONE-FIVE-ONE: Rahmer Nets Historical Win at Lincoln
ABBOTTSTOWN, PA (6-16-07) Fast Freddie Rahmer wrote another page in the Central PA history books by picking up his 151st career win at Lincoln Speedway. He did it in front of a packed house as the All Stars were in town to take on the Posse on a short track on the third night of their Eastern swing. It was Rahmer who led the way to the checkered flag as he has done so many times at this facility. The history making win in the non-stop 30-lap, $5,000-to-win All-Star A-Main came by 1.57 seconds over hard charging Jeff Shepard.
"I've been working at this since 1986," said Rahmer in victory lane next to the Chad and Jen Clemens owned Miller Brothers Automotive/C&S Lawn and Landscaping/Materials Handling Systems #51. "There are too many people to mention. Bud Lawrence, Joe Harz, Al Hamilton, Bob Stewart...you know I'm forgetting a lot of people and it won't be right...but there's a little bit of every deal I've been with in this. I've been with nothing but good people. Jim and Sandy (Kline) gave me a great ride last year. It's a pretty emotional deal to tell the truth."
Rahmer jumped out to the lead from his front row starting spot which came by virtue of a couple of drivers not able to transfer from their heat races. When the green flag dropped he would not look back on his way to win #151. Eight of the ten traveling All Star teams were in the A-main hoping to stop Rahmer from making history, but it was Jeff Shepard who came closest to preserving Steve Smith's record that was set at an All Star event in 1996.
"I have so much respect for all the greats who have raced here," added Rahmer, "Bobby Allen's here tonight...Mr. Smith...Kenny Weld...so many great names...some that are still running here. Perseverance has kept me here long enough to get it done. I've never been in a bad race car. I have all of the sponsors that I started with still with me. Everybody knows me as a 'no good happy to be alive,' but all the people around us I respect and I appreciate everything they've done.
"It's a good night to get this done," continued Rahmer, "This has been a burden on me for a long time, and I'm just glad it's over. Right now, the way the tracks are and everything, you've got to be off the front. I've been dragging a lot of my friends here to try to see this 151 deal, and hopefully they'll still keep coming because we always have a good time. I'd say there's a major hangover in my future!"
The All Star Dash was won by Kenny Jacobs...and Fred Rahmer. Electronic scoring and timing showed identical times as Rahmer came from the tail to drag race Jacobs down the front stretch for the photo finish. It was ruled a tie and the Lincoln crowd was on their feet cheering for their local hero. Both drivers joked about it on the front stretch as the crowd cheered asking, "Is Steve or Sammy here?"
Heat races were won by Kenny Jacobs, Brian Montieth, Paul May, and Doug Esh. Greg Hodnett won the B-Main. Huggins Cams Fast Time in qualifying was set by Chad Layton with a time of 13.545-seconds (99.668 MPH). There were 39 cars and stars in attendance to compete for the All Star purse.
The All Stars return to Ohio to kick off the 25^th Annual Ohio Sprint Speedweek which begins Sunday June 24^th at Attica. The All Stars will first visit K-C Raceway for "The Night the Stars Come Out" on Saturday June 23rd . For more information visit www.allstarsprint.com
*O'Reilly All Star Circuit of Champions Statistical Report -- Lincoln Speedway 6-16-07*
Qualifying - Huggins Cams
1. U1-Chad Layton, 13.545; 2. 22-Greg Hodnett, 13.546; 3. 5W-Lucas Wolfe, 13.642; 4. 10N-Nicky Young, 13.701; 5. 1Z-Jeff Shepard, 13.746; 6. 11C-Cory Haas, 13.782; 7. 51-Fred Rahmer, 13.832; 8. 17B-Steve Buckwalter, 13.846; 9. 59-Jim Siegel, 13.890; 10. O9-Craig Mintz, 13.899; 11. 2-Dale Blaney, 13.917; 12. 87-Alan Krimes, 13.945; 13. W20-Greg Wilson, 13.985; 14. 28-Brian Paulus, 13.992; 15. 39-TJ Stutts, 13.993; 16. 30-Doug Esh, 14.012; 17. 6K-Chris Knopp, 14.018; 18. 21-Brian Monteith, 14.034; 19. 38-Nick Schlauch, 14.068; 20. 6W-Josh Wells, 14.077; 21. 29-Kenny Jacobs, 14.079; 22. 6-Bill Rose, 14.125; 23. 71M-Paul May, 14.141; 24. 25-Lance Dewease, 14.165; 25. 47J-Jeff Busby, 14.250; 26. 71-Brian Leppo, 14.257; 27. X-Bobby Weaver, 14.265; 28. 4R-John Rudisill, 14.275; 29. 20E-Brian Ellenberger, 14.305; 30. 30C-Steve Clabaugh, 14.327; 31. 43-Doug Dodson, 14.362; 32. 4-Danny Smith, 14.367; 33. 26-Pat Cooper, 14.376; 34. 11M-Brandon Martin, 14.422; 35. 11B-Brock Mayes, 14.442; 36. 20-Ryan Taylor, 14.529; 37. 7E-Cris Eash, 14.706; 38. 12-Mike Bittinger, 14.727; 39. 45-AJ Michael, 14.876;
Heat 1 - Crown Battery
1. 29-Kenny Jacobs; 2. U1-Chad Layton; 3. 6K-Chris Knopp; 4. 1Z-Jeff Shepard; 5. 59-Jim Siegel; 6. W20-Greg Wilson; 7. 47J-Jeff Busby; 8. 7E-Cris Eash; 9. 20E-Brian Ellenberger; 10. 26-Pat Cooper;
Heat 2 - Hoosier Racing Tire
1. 21-Brian Monteith; 2. 28-Brian Paulus; 3. 6-Bill Rose; 4. O9-Craig Mintz; 5. 11C-Cory Haas; 6. 71-Brian Leppo; 7. 22-Greg Hodnett; 8. 12-Mike Bittinger; 9. 30C-Steve Clabaugh; 10. 11M-Brandon Martin;
Heat 3 - Engler Machine & Tool
1. 71M-Paul May; 2. 51-Fred Rahmer; 3. 2-Dale Blaney; 4. 5W-Lucas Wolfe; 5. X-Bobby Weaver; 6. 38-Nick Schlauch; 7. 39-TJ Stutts; 8. 11B-Brock Mayes; 9. 43-Doug Dodson; 10. 45-AJ Michael;
Heat 4 - Taylor Wings
1. 30-Doug Esh; 2. 25-Lance Dewease; 3. 6W-Josh Wells; 4. 4-Danny Smith; 5. 87-Alan Krimes; 6. 17B-Steve Buckwalter; 7. 20-Ryan Taylor; 8. 4R-John Rudisill; 9. 10N-Nicky Young;
All Star Dash
1. 29-Kenny Jacobs; 2. 51-Fred Rahmer; 3. 2-Dale Blaney; 4. 6K-Chris Knopp; 5. O9-Craig Mintz; 6. 28-Brian Paulus;
B-main - University of Northwest Ohio
1. 22-Greg Hodnett; 2. W20-Greg Wilson; 3. 71-Brian Leppo; 4. 38-Nick Schlauch; 5. 7E-Cris Eash; 6. 39-TJ Stutts; 7. 11M-Brandon Martin; 8. 47J-Jeff Busby; 9. 12-Mike Bittinger; 10. 26-Pat Cooper; 11. 17B-Steve Buckwalter; 12. 20E-Brian Ellenberger; 13. 45-AJ Michael; 14. 4R-John Rudisill; 15. 11B-Brock Mayes; 16. 10N-Nicky Young; 17. 30C-Steve Clabaugh; 18. 43-Doug Dodson; 19. 20-Ryan Taylor;
A-main - MSD Ignition Starting Position [#]
1. 51-Fred Rahmer; 2. 1Z-Jeff Shepard; 3. 59-Jim Siegel; 4. U1-Chad Layton; 5. 5W-Lucas Wolfe; 6. 11C-Cory Haas; 7. 22-Greg Hodnett; 8. 2-Dale Blaney; 9. 30-Doug Esh; 10. 87-Alan Krimes; 11. O9-Craig Mintz; 12. 28-Brian Paulus; 13. W20-Greg Wilson; 14. 25-Lance Dewease; 15. 71-Brian Leppo; 16. 29-Kenny Jacobs; 17. 4-Danny Smith; 18. 6W-Josh Wells; 19. 21-Brian Monteith; 20. 6K-Chris Knopp; 21. X-Bobby Weaver; 22. 38-Nick Schlauch; 23. 71M-Paul May; 24. 6-Bill Rose;