THE "WILD CHILD" PUTS ON CLINIC AT ELDORA SPEEDWAY ROSSBURG, OH (4-22-06) -- By Bryan Autullo - The "Wild Child" Jac Haudenschild showed everyone in attendance at the fast, high-banked Eldora Speedway how he got his nickname. Starting ...
THE "WILD CHILD" PUTS ON CLINIC AT ELDORA SPEEDWAY
ROSSBURG, OH (4-22-06) -- By Bryan Autullo - The "Wild Child" Jac Haudenschild showed everyone in attendance at the fast, high-banked Eldora Speedway how he got his nickname. Starting 15th behind some of the top names in the business, Jac worked his way to the front with bonsai moves, slide jobs, and his patented high line around the ½ mile dirt monster in Western Ohio. He sliced and diced his way through the field of All Star, Outlaw, and NST regulars with the precision of a surgeon. He was a man on a mission, or to be more exact - a man on a missile. Jac asked car owner Rick Wright if they could go run at Eldora with the All Stars and Rick said "Only if you go win it." Jac didn't let the boss down, putting the Wright Construction #35 in the winners circle on a night plagued with several short rain delays that kept the moisture in the track and made for a very fast, multi-groove racing surface.
On lap 8, former All Star champion Kevin Huntley got into the fence in turn two bringing out the first caution of the 30 lap event. When the green flag waved, Joey Saldana was leading with Blaney, Kemenah, Pittman, Mayes and Haudenschild rounding out the Top 6. Saldana in the Curb Records #9, who led the first 17 laps of the race, relinquished his lead to Haudenschild on lap 18, followed by a fast closing Chad Kemenah in the 15k UUI sponsored machine. Kemenah and Saldana battled for several laps along with Dale Blaney in the George Fisher #2 car. Saldana closed the gap in traffic and made several attempts to dive through the turns to pick up ground on the leader, but Haudenschild's experience with the high side of the race track proved too much for the hard charging driver in the Kasey Kahne owned #9.
Randy Hannagan, who started 14th, quietly made his way through the field picking off cars lap after lap and patiently making moves through traffic that would put him into 5th place at the checkered flag. Paul McMahan who made the tow overnight all the way from Hutchinson, KS put the Tony Stewart owned Bass Pro Shops #20 into 6th place at the line. Rob Chaney in his 2006 debut in Denny Ashworth's #92 car finished 7th. All Star Circuit of Champions points leader Greg Wilson in the All Star Plumbing & Heating sponsored #w20 came home 8th. Daryn Pittman finished 9th. Danny Smith, who made his return after losing his wife to cancer last weekend, rounded out the Top 10.
The Haulmark Dash was as good as any race that has been run all season with All Star members Dale Blaney and Danny Smith exchanging the lead and racing side by side, wheel to wheel down the back stretch, for 6 laps with Blaney coming out on top. Brock Mayes, Butch Schroeder, Greg Wilson, and Tim Hunter rounded out the 6 finishing spots to gain points toward the season-end Haulmark Dash Points Fund.
The B-main was another hard fought battle between Rookie of the Year points leader Chad Blonde, Rookie contender Brandon Martin, and Paul May. The three ran nose to tail throughout most of the race. Blonde took the checkered flag, followed by May, Martin, Rose, Aldrich, and Ruble. Not making the transfer to the A-main was Jason Martin, James Mosher, Kent Wolters who spun early, and Eddie Neumeister who flipped gently trying to avoid the spin. The #1 of Sean Robinson was unable to make the call and scratched for the evening.
The Outerwears Pre-filters Heat was won by Jeremy Campbell. The B&B Oval Track Products Heat was won by Kevin Huntley. The Engler Machine and Tool Heat was won by Jac Haudenschild.
The All Stars will take next weekend off and then be back in action on Saturday May 6th at "The Track That Action Built" -- Fremont Speedway in Fremont, Ohio. For more information on the All Stars, visit www.allstarsprint.com . The All Star virtual merchandise trailer should be up and running soon and you will be able to order All Star merchandise online.
Qualifying - Huggins Cams
1. 9-Joey Saldana, 13.278; 2. 20-Paul Mcmahan, 13.406; 3. 15K-Chad Kemenah, 13.423; 4. 21-Darren Pittman, 13.501; 5. 2-Dale Blaney, 13.561; 6. 11B-Brock Mayes, 13.581; 7. 92-Rob Chaney, 13.594; 8. 4-Danny Smith, 13.648; 9. D1-Justin Henderson, 13.652; 10. W20-Greg Wilson, 13.668; 11. 11M-Brandon Martin, 13.674; 12. 7K-Butch Schroeder, 13.696; 13. 2H-Tim Hunter, 13.709; 14. 1X-Randy Hannagan, 13.748; 15. 35-Jac Haudenschild, 13.752; 16. 10C-Jeremy Campbell, 13.753; 17. 70-Kevin Huntley, 13.756; 18. 4N-Niel Shepard, 13.786; 19. 63-Barry Ruble, 13.807; 20. 81-Nick Smith, 13.849; 21. 11N-Ed Neumeister, 13.859; 22. 5B-Chad Blonde, 13.868; 23. 71M-Paul May, 13.907; 24. 6R-Bill Rose, 13.914; 25. 1-Sean Robinson, 14.111; 26. 1A-Mark Aldrich, 14.212; 27. 36-Jason Martin, 14.450; 28. 12M-James Mosher, 14.489; 29. 9W-Kent Wolters, 14.797
Heat 1 - Outerwears Pre-filters
1. 10C-Jeremy Campbell; 2. 9-Joey Saldana; 3. 92-Rob Chaney; 4. 2H-Tim Hunter; 5. W20-Greg Wilson; 6. 21-Darren Pittman; 7. 5B-Chad Blonde; 8. 1-Sean Robinson; 9. 63-Barry Ruble; 10. 12M-James Mosher
Heat 2 - B&B Oval Track Products
1. 70-Kevin Huntley; 2. 1X-Randy Hannagan; 3. 2-Dale Blaney; 4. 20-Paul Mcmahan; 5. 4-Danny Smith; 6. 81-Nick Smith; 7. 71M-Paul May; 8. 11M-Brandon Martin; 9. 1A-Mark Aldrich; 10. 9W-Kent Wolters
Heat 3 - Engler Machine & Tool
1. 35-Jac Haudenschild; 2. D1-Justin Henderson; 3. 15K-Chad Kemenah; 4. 7K-Butch Schroeder; 5. 4N-Niel Shepard; 6. 11B-Brock Mayes; 7. 6R-Bill Rose; 8. 36-Jason Martin; 9. 11N-Ed Neumeister
1. 2-Dale Blaney; 2. 4-Danny Smith; 3. 11B-Brock Mayes; 4. 7K-Butch Schroeder; 5. W20-Greg Wilson; 6. 2H-Tim Hunter
B-main - University of Northwest Ohio
1. 5B-Chad Blonde; 2. 71M-Paul May; 3. 11M-Brandon Martin; 4. 6R-Bill Rose; 5. 1A-Mark Aldrich; 6. 63-Barry Ruble; 7. 36-Jason Martin; 8. 12M-James Mosher; 9. 9W-Kent Wolters; 10. 11N-Ed Neumeister; 11. 1-Sean Robinson
A-main - MSD Ignition -- Starting Position [ ]
1. 35-Jac Haudenschild; 2. 9-Joey Saldana; 3. 15K-Chad Kemenah; 4. 2-Dale Blaney; 5. 1X-Randy Hannagan; 6. 20-Paul Mcmahan; 7. 92-Rob Chaney; 8. W20-Greg Wilson; 9. 21-Darren Pittman; 10. 4-Danny Smith; 11. 10C-Jeremy Campbell; 12. 7K-Butch Schroeder; 13. 11B-Brock Mayes; 14. 5B-Chad Blonde; 15. D1-Justin Henderson; 16. 2H-Tim Hunter; 17. 11M-Brandon Martin;18. 6R-Bill Rose; 19. 63-Barry Ruble; 20. 4N-Niel Shepard; 21. 1A-Mark Aldrich; 22. 71M-Paul May; 23. 81-Nick Smith; 24. 70-Kevin Huntley