Bill Rose Blisters Bedford Field for First All Star Win BEDFORD, PA (5-13-07) Bill Rose now has two All Star victories, but his last one came as a car owner when Jeff Shepard filled in for Bill and put the ...
Bill Rose Blisters Bedford Field for First All Star Win
BEDFORD, PA (5-13-07) Bill Rose now has two All Star victories, but his last one came as a car owner when Jeff Shepard filled in for Bill and put the #6 in victory lane at Hartford, MI as Bill drove a non-wing race at Eldora's Mopar Million. Tonight, Bill Rose - the driver - notched his first All Star win in front of a large crowd at Bedford Speedway while dominating some stout competition.
The PA Posse came to play and would make things tough for the traveling All Stars, but Rose may have been the only one to really figure out the odd Bedford Speedway. The backstretch has an incline going into turn three, the front stretch points back downhill, and turn one and two are much tighter than turns three and four. It didn't seem to bother Rose as he had a good qualifying run to start the night and started on the front row of the A-main. He never looked back when the green flag dropped. Even several cautions for spins and flat tires could not slow Rose enough for second running Greg Wilson to get a good shot at him on the restarts.
Mark Smith ran solidly in 3rd as Lance Dewease made a late race charge to challenge Smith until he ran out of fuel with just two laps to go. As the caution flew for the slowing Dewease, it was assessed that 63 laps had been run and the 40 minute time limit had elapsed. This forced only the second fuel stop in two years for the All Stars, where the rule states that only fuel is to be added and no adjustments can be made to the car. On the restart, Rose was off like a rocket for the final two laps and Wilson crossed the line in second place, followed by Smith. Greg Hodnett finished fourth as Danny Smith rounded out the top five, up from his fifteenth starting spot.
An elated Bill Rose was congratulated by Wilson in victory lane. "We didn't mind the track being a little slick tonight. It worked in our favor this time," said Rose. "Me and a friend of mine put this deal together racing out of our own pockets and we're happy to get this win. We ran with the Outlaws last year and we plan on running with the All Stars the rest of this year. It was great to get this win. It was worth the 10 hour drive to get here. That was a lot of fun."
The All Stars were appreciative of the cooperation and hospitality put forth by the Bedford Speedway staff and crew and look forward to returning to the beautiful facility again in 2008. Bill Rose thanked the fans from victory lane and the All Stars would like to do the same.
Brock Mayes won the 6 car, 6 lap All Star Dash followed by Kenny Jacobs, Lance Dewease, Rose, Wilson, and Danny Smith. Paul May won the B-main. Heat race wins went to Mike Wagner, Fred Rahmer, and Danny Smith.J The All Stars return to action on May 19th at Eldora Speedway to make up the rained out May 4th event. Visit www.eldoraspeedway.com for more information on tickets and gate times.
O'Reilly All Star Circuit of Champions -- Statistical Report -Bedford Speedway 5-13-07
Qualifying - Huggins Cams
1. 8J-Kenny Jacobs, 17.434; 2. 30-Doug Esh, 17.480; 3. O7-Mark Smith, 17.511; 4. 71M-Paul May, 17.617; 5. 71-Brian Leppo, 17.729; 6. W20-Greg Wilson, 17.764; 7. 12-Kevin Nouse, 17.791; 8. 6-Bill Rose, 17.855; 9. 22-Greg Hodnett, 18.006; 10. 3-Bob Bennett, 18.008; 11. 5W-Lucas Wolfe, 18.094; 12. 25-Lance Dewease, 18.122; 13. 19-Cale Grubb, 18.132; 14. 11B-Brock Mayes, 18.158; 15. 4-Danny Smith, 18.160; 16. 55-Mike Wagner, 18.173; 17. 51-Fred Rahmer, 18.192; 18. 11N-Ed Neumeister, 18.214; 19. 28-Brian Paulus, 18.284; 20. 98-Dan Shetler, 18.313; 21. 9-Craig Keel, 18.351; 22. 8H-Shane Stewart, 18.375; 23. 11M-Brandon Martin, 18.611; 24. 1F-Richard Fitz, 18.816; 25. 20E-Brian Ellenberger, 18.850; 26. O9-Craig Mintz, 18.876; 27. 33-Scott Lutz, 18.956; 28. 7-Jim Kennedy, 19.814;
Heat 1 - Crown Battery
1. 55-Mike Wagner; 2. 8J-Kenny Jacobs; 3. 12-Kevin Nouse; 4. 19-Cale Grubb; 5. 8H-Shane Stewart; 6. 28-Brian Paulus; 7. 71M-Paul May; 8. 3-Bob Bennett; 9. 7-Jim Kennedy; 10. 20E-Brian Ellenberger;
Heat 2 - Hoosier Racing Tire
1. 51-Fred Rahmer; 2. 11B-Brock Mayes; 3. 30-Doug Esh; 4. 5W-Lucas Wolfe; 5. 6-Bill Rose; 6. 98-Dan Shetler; 7. 71-Brian Leppo; 8. 11M-Brandon Martin; 9. O9-Craig Mintz;
Heat 3 - Engler Machine & Tool
1. 4-Danny Smith; 2. 25-Lance Dewease; 3. 11N-Ed Neumeister; 4. 22-Greg Hodnett; 5. O7-Mark Smith; 6. W20-Greg Wilson; 7. 1F-Richard Fitz; 8. 9-Craig Keel; 9. 33-Scott Lutz;
Dash - Haulmark
1. 11B-Brock Mayes; 2. 8J-Kenny Jacobs; 3. 25-Lance Dewease; 4. 6-Bill Rose; 5. W20-Greg Wilson; 6. 4-Danny Smith;
B-main - University of Northwest Ohio
1. 71M-Paul May; 2. 71-Brian Leppo; 3. 3-Bob Bennett; 4. 9-Craig Keel; 5. 1F-Richard Fitz; 6. O9-Craig Mintz; 7. 33-Scott Lutz; 8. 11M-Brandon Martin; 9. 20E-Brian Ellenberger; 10. 7-Jim Kennedy;
A-main - MSD Ignition -- Starting Position [#]
1. 6-Bill Rose; 2. W20-Greg Wilson; 3. O7-Mark Smith; 4. 22-Greg Hodnett; 5. 4-Danny Smith; 6. 71-Brian Leppo; 7. 51-Fred Rahmer; 8. 28-Brian Paulus; 9. 55-Mike Wagner; 10. 8H-Shane Stewart; 11. 98-Dan Shetler; 12. 5W-Lucas Wolfe; 13. 9-Craig Keel; 14. 8J-Kenny Jacobs; 15. 3-Bob Bennett; 16. 71M-Paul May; 17. 1F-Richard Fitz; 18. 11B-Brock Mayes; 19. 25-Lance Dewease; 20. 19-Cale Grubb; 21. 30-Doug Esh; 22. 11N-Ed Neumeister; 23. O9-Craig Mintz; 24. 12-Kevin Nouse